Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2017
My family has used graniteware roasters for as long as I can remember, and I never thought I'd be able to find one for my own family. I began to panic, because this year would be my first time hosting Thanksgiving in my own home; I wouldn't be cooking in someone else's kitchen or using their things. And I really wanted to make a "fall-off-the-bone" tender Turkey.

Thank goodness for Amazon saving the day.

I forgot that using graniteware roasters dramatically decrease the cooking time. I had purchased a 16 pound turkey, and expected it to take maybe 3.5 to 4 hours. This beauty was done in 2.5 to 3 hours without a need to baste at all. Even though my meat thermometer said that the internal temp of the breast and thighs were 160, I removed the lid and put the bird back in to crisp up the skin just a little bit more. The meat was practically falling off the bones when we carved the turkey, and I seriously couldn't be happier. I didn't think it'd be so amazing that my family ate the entire thing! I should have bought a 25lbs bird to have some leftovers, and clearly it would have fit in the roaster!

I'm even more excited for Christmas when I use it for our ham!
review image
on July 10, 2011
I was tempted to buy a "cheaper" Stainless Steel Clad roasting pan by Cuisinart or Kitchenaid for $50-60. I'm sure those are better quality pans. However, I only use a roasting pan a couple of times a year, so I was looking to save some money and for the price this thing is great. It roasts beautifully (with a Granite Ware 13.5 Inch V-Rack for $3), and with the lid doubles as a very nice lobster steamer (just put in some clean river rocks aka Alton Brown Method).

I do have a couple of minor complaints. Soldered handles have a tendency to fail without warning (they don't loosen they crack). All Granite Ware is like that, and I haven't read of any handles breaking, but it is a concern. The dark color makes fond hard to see, and the thin material makes it extremely temperamental on the stove, so it makes a poor choice for deglazing.

Also, Granite Ware has nothing to do with Granite except (maybe) cosmetics, and it never has. So anybody thinking they are getting a high quality piece of stoneware needs to get that out of their head. This is very very thin Carbon Steel with a thin porcelain enamel, that if thrown around will crack and expose the steel (which will then very quickly rust, this is not the kind of thing you want to Season).
on December 3, 2016
As expected, not quite as heavy as the one we bought 30 years ago, but still good.
on August 2, 2017
This is just like the roaster I received as a gift 52 years ago. I expect this one will last as long as the first on I received. You will love the tender pot roasts, turkeys and many other meals made it this roaster. I was so surprised at the reasonable price.
on December 28, 2016
Arrived with deep gouge in top and several chips in the enamel. The box it came in showed no sign of damage, which means it was boxed as damaged by the fulfiller. The enamel continues to chip off of the areas where it was damaged, and little grains of it end up in the food. :( It's a shame really, because it's a great product, if cared for properly. I would have sent it back, but unfortunately I needed it for a large meal I was preparing.
on November 29, 2016
Very large and sturdy pan. Fit my 22lb bird with ease and clean up was a breeze. My only issue was that it cooked the turkey very fast! It was browning nicely after one hour & done in less than 3 hours (according to pop up timer in the bird and a new meat thermometer), but what I read online and was planning for was a 7 hour roasting. We had to modify the Thanksgiving dinner time, but overall a great, large pan.
on December 14, 2017
I love this product, lightweight, easy to clean, just make sure you soak in hot sudsy water for 20 minutes and clean.
I've already made Roasted Chicken, a Whole Baby
Eye Round and it is just FAB!
on August 12, 2016
Ya so the claims that everyone is talking about that it flakes is 100% correct. Everytime I use it, more of it flakes off. The handles are like welded on or something poorly, there's holes where they attached the handles. I guess you get what you pay for
on January 27, 2017
Looking for a roasting pan that huge and economically reasonably priced. Look no further. Works great and cleans easy. Only downside is it does not come with its own roast rack and I had to buy one. But there is a cheap adjustable rack at the bottom suggestions that worked great. Could have been longer which is why I wish it came with its own sized one but still.
Tip: Do not buy the black non stick adjustable rack get the silver colored metal one. Black non stick kept coming off onto food.
But this pan works GREAT.
on November 3, 2017
Wow huge but very nice. We can't fit it in our oven with the lid on. So we have 4 roaster's in a sense. They are very big though and make sure you have a large oven.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.