From the Back Cover
Connect the dots in your business data to discover actionable insights
Graph Analysis and Visualization brings graph and network theory out of the lab into the real world, with sophisticated methods and tools that apply to the worlds of business, finance, strategy, and design. Authors Richard Brath and David Jonker bring high-level expertise and a true analyst’s perspective to provide a handbook for exploiting graph and network analytic techniques that enable the discovery of new business insights and opportunities.
With detailed examples, sample data sets, code, and graphic tutorials, Graph Analysis and Visualization shows you how to:
- Use the appropriate type of graph for every problem
- Collect, clean, and organize data quickly, efficiently, and correctly
- Format visualizations for high readability without sacrificing accuracy
- Master the tools that allow deep data exploration and interpretation
- Create custom visualizations with a little lightweight programming
- Choose effective graph analysis techniques to get the most out of your data
- Utilize advanced visualization techniques including dynamic graphs and Big Data tools and queries
About the Author
Richard Brath is actively involved in the research, design, and development of data visualization and visual analytics for both research and commercial applications for some of the world’s largest companies and top software vendors. His solutions range from rich, interactive visualizations for mobile devices, to large multi-touch, multi-screen installations and web-based analytical visualizations for business applications. David Jonker is a designer and developer of visualization platforms and applications for web-based, distributed, desktop, and mobile use. He created visualization products for NASDAQ MarketSite real-time broadcast in Times Square, and is currently a lead on the DARPA XDATA program, developing new tools and technologies for making sense of Big Data. Brath and Jonker are partners at a leading visual analytics firm. Between them they have presented at more than 30 industry conferences, and have published numerous articles and research papers.