Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2010, 1:54:58 PM PST
Tim says:
This looks suspiciously like another of those graphic novels by a well known & respected author, if you pre-order it based on the author & never look at the description again and all of a sudden a graphic novel (adult comic book) shows up in your mail box.
Tell me it isn't so Amazon, or at least put that information up front

Posted on Jul 15, 2010, 3:09:21 PM PDT
S. Dunham says:
A graphic novel is an adult comic book. This series started as regular fiction but has been widely publicized that JE was turning this series into an adult comic book or graphic novel.

Posted on Jul 23, 2010, 6:48:08 PM PDT
Bill Swears says:
I don't mind the graphic novel format, even if I don't think Jones captured the characters and missed some of the emotional content. I hate the fact that it's barely the beginning of a story. I'd much rather pay more for a complete graphic novel, but I can't help feeling that it would take half a dozen of these to tell a satisfying story. Just didn't cut it.

Posted on Jul 26, 2010, 8:25:54 AM PDT
S. Dunham says:
From what I have read on JE's site, there will be 3 books for this story. Part 2 comes out in November and no date mentioned for the 3rd. Talk about milking that cash cow!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2010, 7:15:28 PM PDT
Book Lover says:
"Widely publicized"??? Yeah, apparently Amazon.com didn't get that memo; when they put out the product description MONTHS ago so preorders could be taken, NOWHERE in the product description did it mention that it was a "graphic" novel or "comic" or "illustrated", yet after they released the title, they deliberately changed the product description, clearly deceptive advertising on their part. Amazon sucks for that big time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 6, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Troublemaker Book 1: A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel
Troublemaker Book 1: A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel by Alex Evanovich (Hardcover - July 20, 2010)
2.6 out of 5 stars (189)