Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Showing 1-10 of 973 reviews(5 star). See all 1,188 reviews
on December 15, 2017
I bought this Ghee once before, loved the flavor of it so very much, I am buying it again, from this seller, because of how fantastic the taste, the smell and the goodness of this particular Ghee is... I got it very quickly and it’s taste is beyond compare... I used to make Ghee myself, so I know what it should taste like, if you don’t burn it... and this particular Ghee is awesome! It has a nutty brown butter flavor to it and is a great taste in everything you want to cook it with! I highly recommend this Awesome Ghee! If you like Ghee, you are going to love this one!!! JAY
on March 31, 2016
I am severely lactose intolerant. One of those people who don't know whether they will need to put their face or bottom on the toilet after eating something with dairy in it. Okay, so I never imagined this would be as awesome as it is.

1) I read about how East Africans use this in their hair before shampooing and conditioning it, so I originally purchased it to use as a pre-oil for a deep conditioning treatment. It never made it to my hair, because....

2) I decided to cook with it and I was amazed with the flavor! It tastes so good!

3) It browns your food with perfection.

4) This product isn't devoid of just lactose - read the ingredients and learn about other things that can make you sick from eating dairy products.

;)
on July 19, 2014
I ordered this along with other healthy products and weaned the family off the readily available GMO products in the market.
This product is advertised as having a "grainy texture" - It does not have a grainy texture, it is very smooth and does not have a grassy-flavor (if that is what they meant by it) - It just works well as a stir-fry oil and adds a creamy texture to chicken dishes and vegetables that have been cooked in it, or steamed first and sauteed afterwards.

Pros:

It is organic from grass-fed bovines.
No cholesterol
Rich in nutrients.
Creamy texture.
High heat tolerance. (I tried it at 400 and there was no loss of taste, texture, or burning)
Making a blend of spices (your choice) and mixing it with the Ghee for an hour will result in a tasty basting sauce.

My favorite are eggs: Scrambled, Omelettes, fried eggs .... absolutely delicious! smooth texture and truly better than using butter to make the omelettes. Less of a sputtering making fried eggs - probably due to the lack of water content on the Ghee - Just make sure that the eggs are at room temperature for better results when frying.

Cons:

The price is pretty steep for such a small jar.
For those expecting a buttery taste on their popcorn, this is not going to fly.

We used organic kernels (Found on Amazon) and a hot air popper.
We also used the aforementioned kernels in a whirley-pop.

We used the Ghee to mix in the popped hot air kernels ---- There is no buttery flavor.
We used the Ghee in the Whirley Popper to pop the kernels --- There is no buttery flavor. Adding more of the Ghee to the popped kernels only resulted in moist and oily popcorn but did not enhance the flavor.

Having stated the above, I will say that the next batch of Whirley popped corn will be made with Ghee because it can easily tolerate the high heat and nothing in the popper burned.

For added flavor we will use spices or commercially available popcorn flavor shakers easily found at local grocery stores (Molly McButter and Kernel Season's are common) or will make our own from organic herbs and spices.

Making your own Ghee from organic butter is simple enough, finding organic butter that won't break the bank is harder to find.

In conclusion, we really like the smooth texture of this Ghee brand and its high-heat tolerance properties. Not having to over think the GMO, preservatives, and chemical compositions of the product is priceless. We will continue to use it in addition to Organic coconut oil (which works well with popcorn too since it too, has a high burn point), Organic Olive Oil, Organic Macademia Nut oil (also found easily on Amazon) and Avocado Oil (which is flavorless and lends itself well to seasonings that won't compete for attention)

Every oil has its place in our pantry for variety in flavors and different types of meals.

I am enclosing the links to other products used in writing this review and I hope it helps someone reading this.

Whirley popper: http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-Farms-25008-Whirley-Pop/dp/B00004SU35/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405812456&sr=8-1&keywords=Whirley+pop

Whiley Popper in Stainless Steel: http://www.amazon.com/Great-Northern-Popcorn-Stainless-Stove/dp/B00608D66G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405812529&sr=8-1&keywords=Whirley+pop+stainless+steel

Organic Popcorn used in aforementioned tests: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036Z3ULM/ref=wms_ohs_product?
ie=UTF8&psc=1
on November 3, 2017
This tastes amazing! I have never tried ghee before so I didn't really know what to expect. But this tastes so delicious. There is an aftertaste that reminds me of short bread or the famous "clotted cream" of southern England. I add a teaspoon to my coffee or tea in the morning. My kids strongly dislike it though- I think its the texture. They aren't used to the graininess. But the original reason I bought it was to see if it would help (along with cod liver oil) to heal my son's cavity. Jury's still out on that one. But at least I'm enjoying it!!
on April 22, 2016
This ghee has a rich, nutty flavor and I mostly use it for cooking chicken and salmon.

I still use grass fed butter in cooking but for the majority of frying, I use the Pure Indian Foods brand of Grass Fed Ghee. The ghee has a higher smoke point of 450 degree F where butter is 350. The reason that is important is because any fat you are cooking with that has gone over its smoke point has a higher risk of burning or starting a kitchen fire. Most high smoke level cooking fats are the genetically modified ones like soy oil & canola oils which are quite unhealthy. If you use ghee, then you have less chance of free radicals also as cooking in a fat above its smoke point will create them.

Like grass fed butter, ghee is very healthy and good for you. For me, it is hard to tell the difference in taste of the butter vs ghee when it is used to cook a meal. I like that this brand is organic. I always have a few jars at my house at any one time. I do wish they would make larger containers of this as I would buy them.
on November 22, 2012
I use oil soluble nootropic supplements like Aniracetam and I was looking for essential oils to cook with that work to synergize and metabolize with these cognitive enhancers. I researched various items such as coconut oil, olive oil (which also work great) and then I found this sweet and buttery Ghee, I believe it is the Vedic medicinal Indian name for "clarified butter".

I've steamed and sauteed raw kale and spinach with this, fried eggs, potatoes, and steak with it, and it is of course delicious and light-tasting, mild and buttery sweet goodness. I can't wait to try it with curry dishes.

What sold it for me is that at body temperature it is liquified and there is scientific evidence to suggest that eating this right type of fat will improve triglyceride levels and MCT's (medium chain triglycerides), more likely to be used as energy than stored as fat. (1)(2).

Source:

(1) Sharma H, Zhang X, Dwivedi C. (2010) "The effect of ghee (clarified butter) on serum lipid levels and microsomal lipid peroxidation." Center for Integrative Medicine and Department of Pathology [...].

(2) Kubal, Amy. MS, RD. (2011) "Are medium chain fatty acids really better for you and why?" [...]
on May 17, 2014
This is a very flavorful ghee, unlike everything I've tried from both health and gourmet stores. I was shocked at just how good it was, because most ghees leave me quite disappointed. And being organic and grass fed means it's actually qualified to go into your mouth, unlike some other brands.

There was no sticker on top asking for a review on mine, but I doubt I would've minded, anyway. It's not that these days to ask people to post a review if they're happy, or to ask what they can do better if the customer isn't. In fact, I think every app on both the iPad and Kindle Fire does that these days.

So despite the company having some marketing chops, they actually have good product, too. I know... Shockingly rare these days. Usually people with good products couldn't market their way out of a paper hat. That's all too true. But this little company makes a darn fine product. In fact, if you know of anything comparable or better, I wouldn't mind hearing about in the comments. Except for Ancient Organics from Northern California, which I feel still may second best in some ways to Pure Indian Foods, I've always felt let down by ghee.
on January 24, 2014
A friend introduced me to this product when I inquired how delicious her green beans and yams were at dinner and found I cannot be without a supply of this most DELICOUS clarified butter known as "ghee". It comes from grass-fed cows and is quite pure and just the most delightful, savory butter flavor you'll ever experience. I put it on my toast, popcorn (melted) and on all my veggies!!! Anywhere you want butter, use this ghee and just enjoy all it's buttery goodness. It's also so much healthier for you too than regular butter since the milk fat has been removed--which is what "clarified butter" is. I only wish Pure Indian Foods would sell their 14 oz glass jar size. They appear to be out of stock right now, but hopefully will restock soon. I always buy extra to keep on hand as I cannot be without this ghee.
on May 10, 2014
Sorry, I just had to put that joke in my title. This really is a great Ghee. (For those who don't know, Ghee is a special form of butter in a sort of semiliquid state; it has all the flavor but not all the water of regular butter.)

To find a product that is organic and comes from grass fed cows really makes my day. I feel that I meeting top-quality, healthy, and flavorful food that goes with anything that I would use butter for: toast, potatoes, any vegetable, rice, really just anything.

If you're looking for quality here's a place to pause your search. Amazon has a great price and ships quickly, as always. The product you receive has a long shelf life, tastes delicious, and is easy use. I recommend it highly.
on April 2, 2016
I was very wary of trying ghee. It just sounded kind of weird to me but I bought it because all the articles and recipe books for the paleo diet said to use it. Shortly after buying it, I found paleo muffins for sale at the farmers market. I was so excited and couldn't wait to try them. They were a little on the dry side. Then I remembered I had that jar of ghee I had ordered sitting unopened in the cupboard and decided it was a good time to give it a try. It was wonderful! Not the tasteless thin oil I was expecting. It was thick enough and had just the right amount of flavor. Factor in the health benefits and there's no reason to go back to using regular butter ever again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.