- File Size: 2210 KB
- Print Length: 32 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 30, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01GF1QJCU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,690,652 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Grave Honeymoon Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
So begins Gerard Bianco's delightful Halloween tale, "A Grave Honeymoon." Set in Paris in 1912, it tells the story of Michael Hargrove's first adventure with Jeremy Wright, the world's leading expert in the occult. The two have been commissioned by an official in the French government to investigate the psychic performances of celebrated medium Eve Carron. But fate intervenes. During dinner one evening, they are interrupted by a desperate man whose new wife appears to have fallen under a spell that threatens her life. Can the duo save her?
Reading this story is pure joy. Bianco has captured the vocabulary, rhythm, and pacing of turn-of-the century writers, and I was reminded time and again of Conan Doyle's stories of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.When narrator Hargrove says at the end that Wright has purchased a house in New York City "and it was from this home that the remainder of all our adventures flowed," I wanted to shout a "Thank you!" to Bianco. Until those stories become available, I'll have to be content to turn on my gas fireplace, pour myself a snifter of brandy, and re-read "A Grave Honeymoon."
With the same flair as Sherlock and Holmes, Wright and Michael unravel the mystery presented by their client, and with quick deductive skills, Wright comes to the only "logical" conclusion in a non-logical situation.
Lovers of horror and the fanciful will be certain to enjoy this page-turner.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Jeremy Wrights resembles Sherlock Holmes in his attitude and demeanor, but he has a distinctive personality that leaves aside the risk of plagiarism.
The book manages to hold the tension and prolongs the momentum from beginning to end. The supernatural elements are juggled in a deftly way, that prevents the author from never fall into absurdity or ridiculousness.
In my opinion, one of the most remarkable passages are those where the author states the “logical” explanation to the paranormal phenomena that occur in the story: “Unnatural as it may be, it's a condition not unlike others found in nature -a biological process by which a host goes through an abrupt change in body structure through cell growth differentiation-…”
A Grave Honeymoon is a very entertaining, very well written horror thriller story.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Supernatural > Ghosts
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult