Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 6,067 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,995 reviews
on May 23, 2016
Of course, Sandra and George are the only two movie stars who could have pulled this movie off, as seemingly realistic. I can see why it won the awards that it did. Certainly, the story, itself, is engaging, but the visual effects are just way over the top. A must-see DVD for those who are interested in outer space, human drama, and watching the heroine solve one gigantic problem after the other.
VINE VOICEon August 9, 2017
Visually stunning, spectacular. Normally, the musical score does not attract my attention, but in this movie, it becomes another character and really helps build suspense. These two reasons are enough to see the movie.

Yes, there are some unsubtle references to 2001 (that's a movie that will always be a benchmark), there are some annoying moments with George Clooney zipping around in his EVA suit, most of the 'science' in this movie is real....except for the holding onto exploding hatches....Some of the end scenes are heavy handed with message, but the messages are good. Great acting by Sandra Bullock, she trained and worked very hard for this role and it paid off.

This is a movie I'll be watching here and there in the future. It's just that good.
on March 20, 2017
LOVE this movie! In 3-D on Blu-Ray, it's fantastic. Use a high quality TV with quality surround sound and you'll be blown away! Enjoy!
on June 20, 2017
loved the 3D movie. movie keeps you on your seat wanting to see what happens. 3D made it feel like I was watching it in the theater again. Highly recommend it.
I grew up a child of NASA. In the late 60's and early 70's they were the rock gods of the nerds. But later on, as the shuttle was such a disappointment, I turned my eyes back down to earth, wondering why we were wasting so much money in space and accomplishing nothing. Where were the space cities on the moon? The great space station wheels that science fiction showed us? Then Gravity came along. I don't care if it doesn't bend to every single rule of physics - Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men) is BRILLIANT and this is a GREAT movie. The two person cast, and I usually don't care for Clooney, who is the same in every role, and Sandra Bullock are superb. The entire movie is breathtaking and it's hard to believe it wasn't shot in space. A MUST SEE.
on March 25, 2017
the movie itself was a good movie. A little slow in spots but good acting. The 3D version is great. The order through Amazon went very well and at a good price. All was just as listed and expected.
on July 7, 2014
The movie was excellent, with only a couple things I didn't like. Not sure who is responsible, whether it's amazon or roku, but I had to have the volume on my TV turned up to 100 in order to hear what the characters were saying, and even then, there were times it was impossible to hear. I've never had this problem with a download from Amazon on my roku, so I don't know. And to make it worse, the subtitles didn't work. Not sure if there are any, but if there are, they didn't work. But the movie in itself was magnificent. I would rate it in the same placing as Armageddon. Wonderful! Go ahead and rent/buy it. But be sure you have a loud TV or stereo system.
on October 19, 2014
Well, evidently you'll either love it or hate it- best for the Space "fans".
A Space Shuttle team is repairing the Hubble Space Telescope when they get word of a debris field headed their way. It seems the Russians, for some reason (a test maybe?) have shot down one of their own satellites- accidentally creating a hazard to everything in orbit. Astronaut Kowalski (Clooney) rescues the set adrift Stone (Bullock) during the ensuing mayhem and after determining that the Shuttle is a total loss gets her over to the International Space Station. Stone survives that tip, Kowalski does not. George Clooney is off screen by the 35 minute mark, to reappear in a hallucination Stone has around 1:03- for about 3 minutes.

Very little of anyone in the movie but Sandra Bullock. Her character barely makes it to the ISS, has to quickly leave- successfully piloting a damaged Soyuz capsule close enough to the Chinese Space Station to get to it with an improvised jet pack (fire extinguisher from the ISS). Our heroine makes it back to Earth (China?) by entering the Chinese station as it has already begun reentry and escaping in the remaining Chinese capsule (a Soyuz copy) during a fiery reentry. The most unlikely part of the movie in my opinion.

Gravity looks great and must really be something in 3D but if you aren't into "space stuff" beyond a generally very believable look to it (I think a large part of it was done in a computer) may not be for everyone.

The only extra on the DVD is a 10 minute mini movie of Dr. Stone's radio conversation with Aningaaq (accounting for Greenland in the credits), the rest of the special features must be on the Blu rays. I see filming locations as Shepperton Studios, England and on location in Lake Powell Arizona (I'm guessing Stone's landing was there, nicely greened up to look "Chinese").
on October 10, 2016
Stunning visual effects made even better in 3D!
A real nail biter from start to finish.
On a value note I wasn't expecting to get the three disc set for the low low price I paid ($13.77)
As a result I will be looking for more 3D blu-rays from this seller.
on January 3, 2016
I don't usually give any product, book or movie less than 3 Stars... Seems that would be whining but I really wanted to hit the single star for this one. All I can say is I am amazed this movie managed to get 7 academy awards. Yes, it has ok visual effects... ok action, and well, lots of drama.. but science was completely sacrificed. And over 7 minutes of credits - REALLY?

A waste of just under 1 1/2 hours. Less than that if you count the credits..