Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 296 reviews
on March 31, 2012
Alan McDermott has done it again!! He managed to write a thriller with so much action and things going on that keeps you biting your nails to know what is next. With a very clever plot, the reader gets so hooked in the story that you just have to keep on reading. The story is really gripping and fast-paced.
After Tom Gray got terribly injured in his previous adventure, and the government gave him a new face (literally) and a new identity, Sam Grant tries to live a normal life in the Philippines. What he doesn't know is that the government has different plans for him. Before he can even consider what he has been ordered to do, he is kidnapped and held hostage by a Muslim terrorist organization. Join him while he tries to survive in the enemy's field. Get thrilled when people from his past appear in his life again, and hold your breath while Sam Grant fights both for his life and for the lives of the people he cares. Loyal to his principles, Sam Grant cannot see the injustices of this world without wanting to change the situation. Will he be successful in his ordeal? Read this wonderful thriller to know that.
The style is quite suitable for the kind of book that Gray Resurrection is. Powerful language, reflecting the great amount of action we find in this second book of the Tom Gray saga. If you loved Gray Justice, you will love Gray Resurrection even more, since it has more action, more suspense, and more questions to be answered. The characters are very well-defined, so well that they stand out as 3D characters. And you also find the usual unexpected twists in the plot that are so characteristic of this author. I love reading a book and not being able to predict what is going to happen next. And Alan McDermott is a master at doing that. His plots are so clever that you have to be reading all the time till you discover the truth.
How will this saga continue? We will have to wait till the third book in the series. After having read this fantastic thriller, I feel I cannot wait to read the following one.
on January 11, 2013
There is more to Tom Gray than we realized. After finishing book #1 of the trilogy, I was anxious to start Alan McDermott's next Tom Gray story - placing it before all others on my TBR list. I wasn't disappointed. In fact, this one was more enjoyable than book #1 in the series. There is much more action with plenty of twists and turns to keep readers on the edge of their seats. We also see a more deadly side to Tom Gray which wasn't so pronounced in book #1.

The story opens a year after the end of book #1 and Tom Gray is in the Philippines with a new name, face and life - thanks to the British government. However, Tom is soon kidnapped and held for ransom by a Muslim terrorist faction. Two of his friends are hired by the British Government to rescue Tom from his jungle prison. Except all is not as it seems.

Too many people are out to kill Tom Gray and he doesn't even know it yet. They are all on his trail and closing in. Will they succeed or will there be a Gray Resurrection? Highly recommended! If you chew your nails, put a couple coats of nail hardener on before starting this book and set aside the entire day because you won't be able to put it down. Great job Alan! Now to start book #3.

John Podlaski, author
[...]
on November 3, 2012
The story of Tom Gray continues in this sequel to Gray Justice. This time, Tom is in the Philippines trying to set up a new life when he gets kidnapped by an antigovernment militia group. Things get interesting when he meets his nemesis from the first book, and two of his friends are sent to rescues him. This is an action, adrenaline-pumping story. My issues are similar to the first book: Character development was fairly minimal and I think the writing could have been tightened up (cut out some of the lengthy descriptive conversations, that sort of thing).
on September 26, 2016
"Tom Gray Resurrection" moves the story along nicely without going into long recall pieces from the first book. New characters are introduced with some are carried over from book 1. There isn't a lot of set up and long narratives about how Tom gets to Subic and his new persona. Mr. McDermott gets on with the story. I particularly like the detail put into the places, people and customs Tom Gray becomes a part of. It makes the story more real. The book is not overly long. The ending cuts to the chase nicely and sets you up for the next book.
All in all the book was interesting to read. For me serial books do not necessarily move me to read the next one. In this case I find myself on book 4 and enjoying each one.
on November 1, 2012
Mr. McDermott, you should be commended for a unique perspective on writing the action thriller!! Have thoroughly enjoyed both "Justice" and "Resurrection" and do look forward to the next book in the trilogy.

Since we write about what we know, your feelings about the inadequacies of the justice system in the UK (mirrored in the USA) are very apparent and laudible from my point of view. "Resurrection" was extremely interesting and told me things about the Phillipines that I only suspected.

Two things however: Do you know how process of pulling a bullet to check the powder (Resurrection)? In my experience....not easy while in the field under duress. With this little episode, I went "Huh?"

And Tom Gray (Sam Grant) saying "I love you...." to Vicks in the jungle after the seemingly short duration of their acquaintance? My immediate thought was "Yikes, he regressed to being a 12 year old....!"

My two pence, and other than that....I will buy your next book!
on July 11, 2015
Completely satisfying!! Loved it. Even better than the first book! I liked the first book but found it rather over-the-top. This time though, Tom Gray's political thriller action is just the right amount of sensational without being overdramatic. A rip-roaring adventure in the jungle of the Philippines has an extremist group kidnapping hostages and all the action you can pack into one book. I was glued to the pages from start to finish. Luckily I picked up books 3 and 4 on sale this month (July, 2015) and can't wait to see how Tom gets on in the next one. Great adrenaline rush!
on March 18, 2016
First I want to thank Mr. McDermott for his dedication of this book. Thanks, I've never had a look dedicated to me before! This second book of the series is just as fast paced and exciting as the first. Para- Military stories are fast becoming a favorite of mine. Although this is fictional, it still gives me even greater respect for all the men and women who defend our country! My favorite"watering hole" is a VFW Post. I enjoy the company of many veterans, and have heard some of their experiences. They know I'm a big fan of reading and have recommended many good books. Now it's my turn to be able to recommend a great author to them! I'm on to book three! Enjoy!
on September 2, 2016
Quick read, but it's more like the next chapter in a larger book than a stand-alone book (although there are enough references back to Book #1 to make it comprehensible on its own). Author does a good job of moving things along at a decent pace, and the Audible narrator does a great job at mixing voices and accents to make it all the more entertaining. Overall, this seems like more of a brief stopover along the way of the overall storyline and the story is not as tight as Book #1 but it keeps the reader interested and looking forward to see how the sage progresses in the next book.
on May 8, 2017
No real action, keep waiting for something to happen. A very disappointing series & 'hero?' I would not recommend to anyone.
on July 26, 2012
Tom Gray wakes in a hospital after being in a coma for a couple of weeks. He discovers he's no longer in England but in the Philippines. A British agent explains to him that he's been moved from England for his safety. His injuries from the bombing have disfigured and altered his appearance. After taking much time to physically heal, he starts a small business in the Philippines. But soon, the British Agent Farrar notifies him that he has an assignment for Tom: he must take it, or die ... no other option. His two former buddies are requested by Tom who is now known as Sam Grant. Before they arrive, Sam is kidnapped by an Islamist terrorist group and held for ransom. Among the captives is Vick Phillip, a female journalist who Sam is attracted to because of her enduring strength. Well, I'll stop here, as the real twists and turns, bombs and automatic weapons come into play. The big unknown factor is who is the driving force behind the terrorist group? Who becomes the hunter? Who becomes the hunted? Who will survive? This is extremely high action, full of surprises as only this very talented writer can present. Another great novel by Alan McDermott, author extraordinaire. Look for the last of the series "Gray Redemption" due late 2012.