Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 268 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 433 reviews
on April 12, 2016
Grease is the word. This cd was every bit as good as I remembered. Well, I guess as good as the album I bought years ago after loving the movie. My daughters performed the edited version of the play at school & it was interesting to see which songs they gravitated toward. One caveat: "Beauty School Dropout" is not the fun song I remembered. The lyrics aren't very uplifting.
on May 8, 2015
I have always enjoyed this soundtrack that I purchased shortly after it's release. Seems like it was only yesterday! I recently purchased the same CD, only digital ( I might not be using the correct language ), to download and use with my newly purchased wireless small speaker ( which my married children insisted I have instead of my boom box that I usually take). The purpose was to play sections of the soundtrack, to help members of a Seniors Concert Band, prepare to perform a "Medley of Sections from Grease". Listening to the soundtrack brought back many fond memories, much movement, and very much helped the band gain the musicality and style needed for an awesome performance..
on April 23, 2015
A little over 2 years later and I'm still beyond happy I was able to find this album.
Just a little back story; my mom had this record back in her high school days. It was her first record ever that she bought with her first paycheck from her very first job. Somewhere along the way she let a friend borrow it and never saw it again. Fast forward 30 years, and she never managed to find this record despite having searched damn near everywhere (local record/music stores and thrift shops)
The look on her face and her genuine reaction when she opened the gift was all I could ask for.

There was not one scratch on the album, and the cover had regular wear that is expected of an amazing vintage piece.
on February 20, 2013
This edition has a second CD with instrumental versions, alternatives, sing a long, etc, that gives a bonus to a disk connected to a beautiful era.
the sound is excellent, which gives you a few extra points. Recommended for those who like soundtracks. This is already a classic.

esta edicion tiene un segundo cds, con versiones instrumentales, alternativas, sing a long, etc, que le dá un extra a un disco relacionado a una hermosa época pasada.
el sonido es excelente, lo que le dá unos puntos extra. Recomendado para quienes gusten de las bandas de sonido. Esta ya es un clásico.
on January 23, 2014
Fav movie of all time. I remember being a senior in high school when this movie was released. I went to see it with my 3 best friends and my boyfriend at the time. I cried because I did not want our relationships to change. Yet, 35 years later, I still am best fiends with 2 of the girls and am married to my true love who is not the boyfiend from 1978. Best of all, a new generation appreciates the movie and songs, my 21 year old daughter. Grease is a classic. Everyone should see it upon graduation. If I could rate this higher than 5 stars I would. Next to my husband, children, dog Jaser and the NEW YORK YANKEES- Grease is the WORD!!!!
on April 29, 2013
Grease has to be my favorite 70's movie musical! It has a variety of songs that recreate a 50's high school era and does a damn good job at it! In my opinion the quality and magic of the soundtrack still has it even after all of these years! I always have to dance to the great songs! I will admit that this is the movie that started my obsession for Olivia Newton-John! If you are a fan of Grease I would totally check out this movie soundtrack!

Grease is still the word!!
review image
on December 16, 2014
We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong
Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be
Waooo Yeah

Yup, this is the best soundtrack of one of the funnest shows ever made.
Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta were magical together in Grease, as was the supporting cast. Movie magic forever captured on film and in songs. A family favorite!
on March 25, 2017
No issue with the seller and the product.
on July 12, 2008
"Grease - Deluxe Edition" was released to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the film and features two CD's in a nice case and a booklet with all the lyrics.

Disc 1 is the same as the standard movie soundtrack Grease (Original 1978 Motion Picture Soundtrack). It features original songs from the movie and good clean audio. What's not to love with that?!

Disc 2, the reason you're paying the extra bucks here, is a disappointment. I bought "Grease - Duluxe Edition" because I thought it would include more music from the movie that wasn't included on the original soundtrack. The bonus disc is a big let down.

The second disc features an instrumental version of "Grease" originally released as the "B side" of the "Grease" single.

There are four songs here touted as sing-a-long versions ("Summer Nights", "Hopelessly Devoted to You", "You're the One That I Want", and "Sandy".) This comes across as sort of a poor man's karaoke. The sing-a-long versions include the original music track and background vocals. I put the CD in my PC to see if they display the lyrics the way a real karaoke disc would - they don't. But, if you get stuck, there are always the lyrics in the booklet I suppose.

Also, included are the single version of "Greased Lightnin'", a 20-second "Rydell Fight Song", a four and a half minute instrumental called "Greased Up and Ready to Go".

There is a Megamix medley, a Dream Mix medley, and two songs are presented in a Martian Mix format. I found the mix versions kind of weird and unappealing.

If you can pick up a good used copy of "Grease - Deluxe Edition" for the same price as the standard soundtrack, go for it. Otherwise, unless you're a "Grease" fanatic or a completist collector, "Grease - Deluxe Edition" isn't worth the extra money.

Five stars for the original soundtrack performances, but a two star deduction for the disappointing Disc 2.
on July 4, 2017
as good as ever. stellar cast