Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 1, 2012
I ordered this book because I was interested in the "Land of Enchantment Run". pg. 306 - 320. Amazon showed the Table of Contents from the 2nd Ed. instead of the 4th Ed. without mentioning that the New Mexico trip was entirely removed from the 4th Ed. Normally you expect to get more from a newer Edition and not less. When I returned the book they even charged me a $ 3.99,- fee. Obviously Amazon does not read these reviews because they are still showing the Table of Contents for the 2nd Ed. which a customer who would order the book won't get.
on April 14, 2010
This book provides interesting day trips and places to not miss to get the real "flavor" of an area. It has helped my husband and me plan what we really want to remember when visiting different areas. Many reviews from other sources offer faster paced and newer areas of interest. We like to kick back and enjoy the REAL things that make America special.
on July 6, 2015
Seems to be very limited info. The rides are very blah. Could do better with a Google search.
on February 4, 2016
Great gift for my bro who drives his Harley!
on November 16, 2015
time for a trip?
on November 16, 2015
out of here
on August 17, 2015
Great gift for my father
on August 2, 2000
This would be a good book for those new to motorcycle touring, but for those of us who have "been there, done that", it is a waste of money. Motorcyle touring doesn't take five days to go 210 miles. Maybe bicycle touring? The book should have been subtitled "...Tours, For the Wealthy". Is that why Peter Fonda wrote the forward? Only the wealthy can stay at the places and do what is suggested. Two examples; the ride from Taos to Santa Fe, and the one through Death Valley. I have done both, numerous times. The author's directions will get you lost and miss some of the best roads. His places to stay and eat in Santa Fe are for the wealthy tourists. The locals know where there is better food and the "real" Santa Fe. The book also contains numerous typos and inaccuracies. Example: highway 84/285 entering Santa Fe, NM from the north is not an interstate (designated by the author as I-84/285), although the amount of traffic will make you think it is one. Such inaccuracies make me afraid to follow the author's directions in areas that I have not been to. Other reviewers have suggested that the author forewarns about the book's shortcomings, but that does not release him from writing a bad book. I cannot recommend this book to anyone.
{This review refers to an out-of-print edition.}
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 19, 2015
Husband loved this book. Very informative.
on January 24, 2015