BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Great Escape [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on June 11, 2017
Awesome movie update on DVD with 5.1 dts sound one of my favorite movie of all time my mom and dad got me in to it on vhs tape at the time and now DVD and I got as well on Blu-ray disc still the coolest movie yet of World War 2.
on January 22, 2017
Love these "older" movies! Tried other services to stream this particular movie without success. So glad Amazon provided it. Thank you. And please keep these types of movies coming.
on August 15, 2017
What can I add? One of my favorites. So many classic scenes, especially the motorcycle run. Glad to have it in my collection.
on June 12, 2014
Very high quality of the film. I played it in the last week of school, when grades were already in & students were just biding time. I put the Spanish subtitles on (normally I would include a study guide with questions--including supplying the Spanish word for the English that was used in the film), so students could see them as they listened to the English (the reverse just doesn't cut it--too many students tune out). It held their interest & of course, Steve McQueen is outstanding and leads an impressive cast. Lots of features as well for background.
on May 18, 2014
The Great Escape is one of the best POW movies out there, only equalled by The Bridge Over the River Kwai. From the onset, the movie gets hold of you and draws you in to a tale which, while showing the brutality of the POW camps, shows it in a light hearted way that works. It makes you smile, it makes you sad, it drags you to the edge of your seat and keeps you there for the duration of the film.

The Blue Ray copy looks good and it is certainly a worthwhile addition to your collection, I bought this to upgrade from the DVD copy of the movie I already own.
on April 21, 2017
Though not all that historic in its accounting of events, this movie is still a great one to watch. Has an all-star cast.
on October 4, 2017
The movie was as good as I remembered. The video had an odd aspect ratio but I managed to get that corrected on my TV.
on March 12, 2017
Brings back memories of the first time I saw the movie. Enjoyed it just as much the second time around.
on November 8, 2014
Background: as a child, I knew one of the few Americans involved in the escape, so I have always been interested in this event.
This is more a war adventure picture (and as such, very well done and exciting) than a serious study of the escape and the horrifying aftermath. I think it would be impossible to make a theatre-length film and still introduce all of the real people involved but this movie does not ignore the true RAF flyers who made the escape. The ending in the film is bearable while showing the murders of some of the 50 escapees shot by the SS.
on August 10, 2017
Always loved this film. The great Steve McQueen is cool as a cucumber in the cooler.