Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping on eligible orders. Details
Great Lakes Gelatin, Pure Unflavored Protein, Kosher Beef Gelatin, 16 Ounce Can
- BEEF GELATIN: Our premium gelatin, made of ONE simple ingredient, provides you with exceptional cooking functionality at a fair price.
- QUALITY: Grass-Fed & Pasture-Raised, Kosher, Keto-Certified, Paleo-Friendly, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Glyphosate Free. SINCE 1922: Great Lakes Gelatin has been used for generations, and it can be found in kitchens worldwide.
- FEATURES: Our beef gelatin is a versatile cooking ingredient that is used in many thickening and gelling cooking applications from gelatin desserts to puddings to sauces. It will dissolve in hot liquids, and it will thicken upon cooling. It is also nearly tasteless, colorless and odorless.
- FUNCTIONAL BENEFITS: Thickener, stabilizer, gelling agent
- CONVERSIONS: 1 tbsp = 1 envelope or 3 1/2 sheets; 1 tbsp gels 1 pint of liquid
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Uncompromised Superior Quality
It is our commitment that products from Great Lakes Gelatin are of the best and safest gelatins in the industry. We are always monitoring the safety and quality of our products. Each batch of gelatin is tested to evaluate its various characteristics. Official methods of testing have been developed by the Gelatin Manufacturers Institute. The procedures used are variations of those outlined in Association of Official Agricultural Chemists (AOAC) “Methods of Analysis” and United States Pharmacopoeia/ BAM (Bacteriological Analytical Manual). Gelatin is tested for purity, color, taste and odor for those who take it medicinally.
Pasture Raised Grass-Fed Cattle
Great Lakes Gelatin shares the concerns that many of our customers have about animal welfare and the quality of the grazing conditions for cattle. We believe cattle should be raised in a natural environment. Our bovine collagens and gelatins are made from the hides of cattle from our associated partners in Argentina and Brazil. The cattle are pasture raised and grass-fed in Argentina and Brazil and beef hides are the only product used to manufacture gelatin in these countries. Ranchers in Argentina and Brazil have traditionally raised cattle in herds that graze freely on natural grasslands. We visit the region regularly and have observed first-hand, that this is the case. Great Lakes Gelatin has a long history with our foreign partners and we only do business with sources that we trust are adhering to the principles of animal welfare and are grazing herds in the traditional manner. These countries have the same type of rigorous tests and inspections as the United States.
Here at Great Lakes Gelatin Company, our mission is simple – help people live healthier lives by providing top quality collagen-based health products. It’s what we’ve stood for since 1922, and every day we continue to provide products with an impeccable record for safety and quality.
Great Lakes Gelatin
Unflavored Beef Gelatin
Our gelatin, like our collagen, is a pure protein dietary supplement. It has been used in cooking throughout the world for generations. It will dissolve in hot liquids, and it will thicken in cold liquids. It is also nearly tasteless, colorless and odorless.
- Dissolves in hot liquids
- Thicken in cold liquids
Gelatin is the most multi-functional ingredient in food, pharmaceutical health, nutrition and photographic industries. gelatin is a food ingredient from natural origin that offers a clean label and versatility that makes it irreplaceable in many applications. In addition to its numerous functionalities, gelatin offers many other benefits. It has many advantages such as thermo-reversibility, stability, ease of use and ingredient compatibility.
- Unsurpassed Texture
- Clean Label
- Non Allergenic
- Non GMO
Two most desirable properties of gelatin is the melt-in-the mouth characteristics and its ability to form thermo-reversible gels. Gelatin is preferred in many applications for its clarity and bland flavor.
- Gel Forming: Gelled Desserts, Luncheon Meats, Confectionery, Paté, Consommé, Aspics.
- Whipping Agent : Marshmallows, Nougats, Mousses, Soufflé, Chiffons, Whipped Cream.
- Protective Colloid: Confectionery, Icings, Ice cream, Frozen Desserts and Confections.
- Binding Agent: Meat Rolls, Canned Meats, Confectionery, Cheeses, Dairy Products.
- Film Forming: Coating for Fruits, Meats, Deli items.
- Thickener: Powdered Drink Mixes, Bouillon, Gravies, Sauces, Soups, Puddings, Jellies, Syrups.
- Process Aid: Micro-encapsulation of Colors, Flavors, Oils, Vitamins
- Emulsifiers: Cream Soups, Sauces, Flavorings, Meat Pastes, Whipped Cream, Confectionery
- Stabilizer: Cream Cheese, Chocolate Milk, Yogurt, Cream Fillings, Frozen Desserts.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
One tablespoon equals one envelope. Recommended daily dosage is two level tablespoons. Take one tablespoon before or during breakfast, and one before or during dinner. To help curb appetite, take before meals. Method I: Room temperature liquids: Pour one tablespoon into a glass of your favorite juice or drink. Allow to soak for one minute while stirring, then drink. Method II: Hot liquids: Add one tablespoon to cold liquid for one minute, add hot liquid and stir until dissolved. Method III: Cold or hot cereals: Add one tablespoon to bowl of hot or cold cereal and mix completely. One tablespoon gels one pint of liquid.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Gummy Bear Recipe
Before beginning, determine how much liquid you need to fill a tray of gummy molds. I used these molds (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB6KB9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vLlCBbK3QQHDQ) and each mold needed 1/3 cup liquid, which was perfect!
Makes 150 gummy bears (using molds at link above)
1 cup 100% fruit juice (white grape or apple take other flavors well)
3 Tbsp gelatin (everyone recommended Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin - orange can)
1 Tbsp honey or the equivalent of your preferred sweetener
1-2 tsp ground turmeric (for orange color, if desired)
Essential oils for flavor (WARNING: only use high grade essential oils such as Young Living as others can be adulterated and not safe for food use - leave out if questionable)
Eye dropper dispensers (come with many molds)
Baking sheet (to hold molds)
Glass measuring cup (1 cup size) or small, heat-safe bowl
Small whisk or fork
1. Place molds on baking pan
2. Make sure there is space to set the pan in the fridge
3. Add juice and honey to small saucepan
4. Bring juice mixture almost to a boil, stirring occasionally (it will make a loud noise about 30 seconds before it boils). If it does boil, let it cool a little before continuing
5. Pour 1/3 cup of the hot juice into the measuring cup
6. Add 2 drops essential oil
7. If you want a yellow color, add 1 tsp turmeric powder and whisk in
8. Slowly sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of gelatin while continually gently whisking. Be careful not to add too much at once or it will clump
9. Use the eye dropper to transfer gelatin liquid into individual gummy molds
10. When all gelatin liquid is used, rinse eye dropper in hot water. No need to rinse other utensils, but that is up to preference
11. Reheat remaining juice mixture, then follow steps 4 through 9 again to fill more gummy molds. Add different flavors each time at step 6
12. Place tray of filled molds in refrigerator for 20 minutes
13. Pop out and enjoy, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Warning: they say this kind of gummy melts if left out of the fridge for too long, just like jello, though I am not sure how long it would take.
Top international reviews
Add - On
Be prepared to stir for a minute because the product IS NOT identical to the old one. It is more concentrated as the same weight takes up half what the previous product did. I know this because I really preferred the old container as I could put my spoon right in. Upon opening the new container I poured it into the old packaging. However, it still has no discernible taste flavour.
Add - On two
Despite an attempt to dissolve it first with boiling water and stirring for over a minute the product gels to the bottom of the mug. I had to peel it from the bottom to wash the mug.
I will not purchase this product again now unless they return to the previous.
I got this box just few days ago. I started supplementing with it twice or thrice a day. I tbsp. in night, and 1 tbsp. in morning mixed with water.
Sometimes if I don't stir fast enough it lumps up. So I take it with spoon and chase it with water. Its odourless and tasteless and so easy to take. Its way to early to comment on my hair, skin and nail improvement, but I have noticed clear improvement in my digestion. Will update if I see improvement in my hair, skin and nails :)
The amount of information about the product that was listed on the container was very helpful.
I plan to use this gelatin to make mini NY style cheesecakes with a Bing cherry topping that comes from a Martha Stewart Bakes.
I will return later to give the results on this product.
little tip if u just drink it woth water.. stir it quick and dont let it settle.. i drink it about 5 seconds after i add the water. otherwise it pretty much turns into a gross jello.. in like under 10 seconds
It is very thickening, I put in 2 tbsp for 3/4c juice gummies and I’m thinking it was too much, that’s a good thing tho just means I can use less then what I was using of the Knox version in the orange box.
There isn’t any noticeable “flavor” to this, but since I’ve only used it for gummy bear recipe, it’s not overpowering the fruit taste.
No offensive smellnor taste and will be able to use less then other brand so overall I’m giving it a 5/5
Customers who bought this item also bought
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.