Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 659 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 680 reviews
on January 27, 2015
For several years I have been unsucessful in finding a good tasting Popcorn to pop at home. I wanted to avoid the packaged microwave type that I had been using. After trying all the popcorn that was available in my local supermarkets and being disappointed, I checked out Amazon and noticed Great Northern Popcorn listed and was impressed with it's description and decided to give it a try. I was startled when I popped the first batch because almost all the kernels popped. The reason being is that a prominent USA brand of popcorn brags that almost all their kernels pop but unfortunately they have no taste! After tasting the first handful of Great Northern Popcorn I was greatly relieved! I finally found the best tasting Popcorn at a great value and not to mention almost all of their kernels Pop!!!
on September 26, 2013
This bag came with little beetle-like bugs in the popcorn... bleck. They look like this: http://i.imgur.com/STNBplB.jpg Lot number 105054, if you want to check yours. I have yet to contact the manufacturer, but Amazon refunded me in full, which is the good news! Seems like I'm the first person to have this problem with this product.
1515 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
Like a few other people, I have live weevils (little black bugs) in my bag of popcorn. Normally I would just choose the lesser of two weevils, but there are too many to make this an easy decision. Terrible puns aside, there really are weevils in my popcorn. Eew.

If you're not too squeamish, these bugs aren't the end of the world. Throw your bag of popcorn in the freezer for at least 24 hours, and that should kill all the bugs and eggs. You can then try to sift out any dead bugs in a colander, or just roast the popcorn as usual and accept that there are possibly some weevil bits in your movie snack.

Even if you don't see weevils in your bag, you might want to freeze it just in case you have unhatched eggs.
on January 19, 2015
This is great popcorn and more delicious than i used to buy. Every kernel pops in my pot on the stove. Also, the price is the same with other regular products which are nonorganic. I would definitelly recommend Great Northern!
on January 17, 2015
This was really good popcorn, popped up very well with few unpopped kernels, had that perfect combination of crisp and tender! Also the delivery was very fast! I would order from them again!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 12, 2013
We eat popcorn daily for a filling low calorie snack. The kids look forward to it after school. This is a very good tasting popcorn that pops up with only a couple hold outs. I make it by putting 3 tablespoons of corn in a brown lunch bag and into the microwave for 2 minutes. You will have to experiment with your microwave to find the right time for you. P.S. inspect the bag for small tears after a couple of uses so you won't have a microwave full of popped corn (outside the bag!) like I've had. I have been reading lately about the horrors of genetically engineered corn products. Yes, some of the talk may be overblown, but well, no one knows what the long term health issues will be for our kids eating all the genetically manipulated crops with all the pesticides. It doesn't cost but a few cents more to give your family organic, and in the case of popcorn I think its a must. Peace of mind,
on December 10, 2013
Bugs. I bought this based on the good reviews even though I did see some people mention the bugs. When I opened it there were no bugs. I made several batches of popcorn without any issue but then one day I popped and noticed all these black things on it. I went to look at the jar I had put the popcorn in and sure enough...bugs. It was so disgusting. I now buy my organic popcorn at Trader Joes or at the bulk bins at my local grocery and haven't seen a bug since I threw this wasted crap out.
on October 11, 2013
We had the popcorn a few times after buying two bags of it. It was delicious.
I then made it tonight and there were strange bugs in the bag that had been sealed in a glass jar.
I checked the other unopened bag and there were at least 20 live black bugs that I saw in the sealed bag.

Unfortunately no pesticides means bugs can hitch a ride. I just threw away 1 and 3/4 bag at about $20.

We really liked the flavor too. Bummer.
on January 5, 2014
This was our 2nd bag of Great Northern popcorn. No problem with the first bag. 2nd bag was bought back in Nov 2013. Immediately most of the 5 lbs were sealed in a vacuum sealed bag. The rest in a regular quart-size zip lock bag for easy access. We have been popping the corn sparingly for the past 2 month. And today we discovered the bag was infested with black bugs called weevils. This discovery was made after we have made the popcorn and have finished them. Talk about "EWW....."! We immediately inspect the vacuum sealed bag to see if that bag was infested. Sure enough it was except the weevils are not moving because they are dead due to the seal.

Almost 5 lbs of popcorn gone to waste. Great Northern popcorn not so great after all. You guys need to beef up on your quality control,
on April 28, 2012
I'm a popcorn conoisseuer, there's few things I love more. And due to health issues I've decided to stick with organic popcorn after doing some research on what things are essential to buy organic and popcorn is one of them. As far as the batch I received of Great Northern Organic popcorn, many of the kernels were very hard to chew, but worse than that, there was a funny taste to several of the bites of each batch I've popped. I can only describe it as a distinctly moldy taste and the bites that didn't have it tasted sort of dirty. I don't know how else to describe it. I've never had worse tasting popcorn in my life! Reading other reviews shows me not everyone is having these problems so perhaps I just got a very bad batch? I will be trying other brands from now on as I continue my quest for organic popcorn perfection.
55 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.