Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Great States 815-18 Five Blade, 18 Inch Push Reel ..." and save 36% off the $115.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.75 shipping
Great States 815-18 Five Blade, 18 Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower
|Price:||$102.62 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$12.38 (11%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 18-inch cutting width
- 10-inch ball bearing wheels
- Easy height adjust from 1/2-inch to 2-3/4-inch
- Powder coated finished handle lasts longer and prevents rust
- Heat treated blades stay sharp longer, making a quality cut
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Great States 815-18 Five Blade, 18 Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower
Remington RM3000 16-Inch Reel Push Mower B00DH57BSE
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Kayser Store|
|Dimensions||10.5 inches x 25 inches x 14 inches||11 inches x 25 inches x 14 inches||42.5 inches x 20 inches x 24 inches||11 inches x 23 inches x 14 inches|
|Item Weight||27 pounds||29 pounds||20 pounds||28 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Last weekend being one of the first warm weeeknds greeted us with a cacophony of gas trimmers, lawnmower engines, gas powered pressure washers, gas chippers, a two-stroke chainsaw, a four wheeler, and a go cart. Ahhh the sounds of spring!!!! GRIN! Apparently the real peace comes during the week when retirees are at home alone - while the rest of us are working or schooling... GRIN!
Original review from 2008:
I recently borrowed a friend's Great States Mower to try on my yard. He bragged on it and told me I should give it a try.
What a joy it was to use. Lightweight, no real noise, no vibrations, no debris being flung out from under the mower at -900 mph- towards my children, and no fumes. I could stop and start without stopping and starting an engine. I could walk and listen to music on my Nokia N810 without ear muffs or ear plugs. The kids could get close or ask questions. I declared that day I would buy one.
If only the whole neighborhood would use these mowers.Read more ›
The grass flew off the rear of the mower as if it were a cartoon- literally a waterfall of grass shooting into the air. You can go back over a section easily enough to hit any blades you might have missed (I missed only because I couldn't see the 'walk lines' since the mower is so light).
I'm able to navigate around tightly planted edging with no trouble, but you will need a weed whacker to finish up since these don't cut the width of the tire + 1 inch.
My front lawn took about 5 more minutes to cut than with the gas powered 'push' mower- and that was mostly due to me learning how to cut with this beautiful piece of equipment.
My back lawn is a nightmare of twigs, leaves, holes and hills. A twig can and will stop the blades if it's too large but that only happened once.
The only gripe I have with the great states 18" reel mower is that the handles aren't long enough- I'm 6'2" tall and my arms had to hold them at an awkward angle. I'll see if that improves and update as time goes on. Until then, this is a great investment.
While not as wide as the Scotts 20" mower this is significantly cheaper on the per - inch basis.
1) It's the perfect weight - it's not so heavy that you tire easily using it, and it's not so light that it bounces around and doesn't cut the grass.
2) It's a solid piece of equipment. From what I've read of the Scott's reel mower, the handle is flimsy.
3) It was easy to assemble. Took about twenty minutes altogether, and I'm not especially mechanically inclined.
Now for the reasons why I love having a push reel mower in general:
1) The kids can be outside while I'm mowing. No worries about rocks, etc. being thrown around.
2) Extremely quiet compared to mowers with engines (pretty obvious I suppose).
3) No need to deal with slopping gas around or to smell exhaust from the mower. I really enjoy being able to mow the lawn without feeling like I immediately need to take a shower after doing it.
4) I had some trepidations about how effective a tool this would be, but it cuts right through the grass with ease. I haven't had to mow when the grass is extremely long, but because this mower is so much fun (yes, fun) to use, I don't anticipate the grass getting too long, because I'll be using it so frequently.
We have a yard that is a little over 1/3 of an acre - for anyone who has a lawn that size or up to 1/2 an acre, I would definitely recommend this mower. Anything bigger than that, and personally I'd want a riding lawn mower. Five stars, only because I can't rate it higher than that.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Would be a great mower if it were powerful enough to cut through small branches and other yard debri.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Pleasantly surprised with this. 5 stars no more noisy gas mowers:) Do your self a favor and check out a few sharpening videos on you-tube I needed to adjust the blade a bit to... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Bob Armstrong
Like others have said, it misses a few pieces here and there and it won't get the single long pieces, but looks to be well made and is very easy to usePublished 9 days ago by Mark
Awful experience. I had to repeatedly mow the same areas to try and catch/cut the longer blades of grass. Small twigs would get jammed in the blades as well.Published 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
Had it a year and still going strong. It's a push mower so expect to use some energy when cutting the yard. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Chip
Good price. Easy to assemble. Does a good job on a few small patches of grass where a large mower can't go.Published 29 days ago by Duke
I bought this because it requires no gas, it is quiet, and it is good exercise. I have one huge complaint, here in Indiana we get these tall straight weeds that grow through out... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jennifer Bishop
Received as described, easy setup, works great. I am impressed. Definitely recommend this product.Published 1 month ago by Joseph R.
Overall, it does the job, but the screws attaching the mower to the handle are difficult to tighten which is a major downside. Read morePublished 2 months ago by DK