- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Catfeet Press (September 15, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 081269547X
- ISBN-13: 978-0812695472
- Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 6 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 48 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,354,856 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Great Zapruder Film Hoax: Deceit and Deception in the Death of JFK
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"...this subperb collection convincingly demonstrate that seeing shouldn't mean believing when it comes to the Zapruder film...Indispensable...Highly recommended." -- --Kerry Walters, William Bittinger Professor of Philosophy, Gettysburg College
About the Author
James H. Fetzer is Distinguished McKnight University Professor at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. He has published more than 100 articles and reviews and over 20 books in the philosophy of science and on the theoretical foundations of computer science, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science. He also edited the highly acclaimed ASSASSINATION SCIENCE (1998) and MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA (2000), both widely praised as ground-breaking contributions to Kennedy assassination research.
Top customer reviews
1. The limousine slowed to near stop.
It most probably veered to the left and momentarily stopped. The amount of time it was stopped may have been a fraction of a second but could have been as much as 5 seconds according to testimony from extremely reliable law enforcement officers who are trained to observe and to give accurate descriptions. The psychological phenomenon of people perceiving time to slow down during a crisis event has been accounted for in this analysis. Film and photographic evidence taken at the same time as the Zapruder film show the limousine near-stop (or stop).
2. Agent Clint Hill shoved Jackie down into the back seat.
Hill's own testimony and an abundance of overwhelmingly corroborative testimony of others and the Nix film all confirm this event as indisputable.
The alleged Zapruder film was deliberately withheld from public view for 12 years.
Fetzer has compiled in this book the documentation and authoritative research to conclude that the Zapruder film and other films and photographs have been altered. Refusal to accept the scientifically provable conclusions presented by Fetzer leaves in place the defects in the structure of the executive branch of the national government that enabled the palace coup of 1963.
P.S. If alteration of the evidence has been shown to have occurred to any significant degree -- which Fetzer's work proves -- then all arguments dependent on the altered evidence are rendered mute. Establishing which evidence can be trusted as authentic is of paramount importance and cannot be summarily dismissed. This means for instance that the extant Zapruder film cannot be used as a "clock" by which to time anything. It should by now be highly suspicious that the notion of using the Zapruder film as a "clock" for the assassination originated from perpetrators who have been connected as accessories to the assassination.
(1) We have more than 60 witnesses who reported seeing the limo slow dramatically or come to a complete stop, where it slowed dramatically AS it came to a complete stop, where those witnesses include all four of the motorcycle escort officers: See "What happened on Elm Street? The Eyewitnesses Speak" compiled by John P. Costella, Ph.D.
(2) We also know that Officer James Chaney motored forward to inform Chief Curry the president had been shot, which was confirmed by Chief of Police Jesse Curry, Secret Service Agents Winston Lawson and Forrest Sorrels, as well as Motorcycle Officers Bobby Hargis, James Chaney, and Marrion Baker: See "New Proof of JFK Film Fakery".
(3) We know that, for nearly 50 years, Clint Hill has described climbing on the trunk, pushing Jackie down, lying across their bodies, peering into the wound, observing a fist-sized blow-out and giving a "thumbs down", all before the limo had reached the Triple Underpass: See "JFK: Who's telling the truth: Clint Hill or the Zapruder film?"
(4) We know that the original 8mm, already split film developed in Dallas, was taken to the NPIC on Saturday, the 23rd, and that a substitute 16mm, unsplit film, developed in Rochester, was taken there on Sunday, the 24th, where two different teams worked on the different versions: See "US Government Official: JFK Cover-Up, Film Fabrication".
(5) We also know that a half-dozen or more have viewed another film, apparently the original, including William Reymond, Rich DellaRosa, Gregory Burnham and several others, where Rich DellaRosa's description of its content appears as an Appendix to The Great Zapruder Film Hoax (2003): See "Did Zapruder film `the Zapruder film'?"
(6) We have John Costella's precise visual tutorial about evidence internal to the film that explains how we can know that the film is a fabrication, where all of its frames had to be reshot to create the right sequence of "ghost panels": See "The JFK Assassination Film Hoax: An Introduction", which can be accessed on-line at assassinationscience.com.
(7) We know that they not only removed the limo stop but painted over the blow-out in early frames and that the "blob" and the blood spray were painted in, but that they overlooked that in later frames, especially in Frame 374, the blow-out can be seen, as I explain in many places, including "What happened to JFK-and why it matters today":
(8) More recently, in "The Two NPIC Zapruder Film Events: Signposts Pointing to the Film's Alteration"(2012) and "The Two NPIC Zapruder Film Events: Analysis and Implications" (2012), Doug Horne has substantiated that the original was taken to the NPIC on Saturday, the 23rd, and the substitute was brought there on Sunday, the 24th.
The timeline argument-that there was no opportunity for the film to have been faked, which Josiah Thompson has endlessly promoted-has no basis in fact and was merely a gambit. We know that the film was altered, which can be proven by multiple lines of argument. We also know when and where it was altered and when and where the fake film was substituted for the original. Since rationality requires that we revise our beliefs with the acquisition of new evidence and alternative hypotheses, the time has come to abandon the fantasy that the Zapruder film is authentic.