Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 93 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
VINE VOICEon August 8, 2014
Upon first listening to the Black Crowes decades ago, there was no denying that the band possessed a sound that hearkened to the raw power and energy of basic rock and roll and rhythm and blues reminiscent to artists and bands of the early 1970s, such as early Rod Stewart, the Faces, and Rolling Stones and a tinge of early Aerosmith but with a 90’s twist.. Their first single “Jealous Again” carried that style from the rolling opening guitar chords and riffs and Chris Robinson’s raspy vocals. From there on, the band refined its sound and as one listens to each of the songs in the collection, one word comes to mind -- timeless.

Greatest Hits 1990-1999: A Tribute to a Work in Progress... has the bands most popular hits and more. In addition to “Jealous,” the songs thereafter “Twice as Hard,” the bluesy and danceable “Hard to Handle,” the beautiful “She Talks to Angels” and the backing choir adds a nice touch, “Remedy,” are the most unforgettable tracks up to the last track “By Your Side.” For first time or long time fans of the Black Crowes this is an exceptional and essential collection of songs. And this is one of those albums that may be best listened to while driving in the car with the windows rolled down and the volume turned up.
on March 15, 2017
Rare I like any 90s music (most earlier stuff), but these guys are an exception. Great album!
on April 9, 2015
great
on January 31, 2011
One day, I heard this wonderful, bluesy funky music coming from my son's room, and like Butch Cassidy asked him "Who are these guys?" He then reminded me we had been to a concert years before when the Crowes opened for the Allman Brothers. I must have been at the food court or in line for the rest room. I ordered the CD. He stole it for his collection I ordered a second copy. When I get a chance to take a long drive in the car, I blast these songs, sometimes listening to Josephine in an endless loop. And we went back to another concert, part of their, sad to say, farewell or hiatus tour.
on March 19, 2011
Im not a critic, I just enjoy music that can place me in a Certain mindset. The CD is filled with the essential tracks that a buyer would expect in a Greatest Hits Cd. The music is deep and soulful Rock, fused with Blues. If you havent sat down in a while in a dark room with a bottle to throw back a few, this is the perfict choice for that atomsphere ....

The 2nd part of this review has to do with the Seller (Go Hastings) When they sent out the first package and they screwd up... they sent a video game instead??? contacted them to let them know of the problem. They refunded the total amount,let me keep the wrong shipment... and sent me my requested CD at no charge!!!!!! Way to go
on December 3, 2012
I always like the couple of Black Crowes songs that got major airplay in the 90's (She Talks to Angels, Hard to Handle, Jealous, Remedy), but never owned any of their CD's and really hadn't heard them in years until I recently started hearing some of those songs again on the local Classic Rock station (a little bit scary when the music you grew up listening to is now considered "classic"). I have to say I love this entire CD. I'd recommend this for anyone who likes the aformentioned radio hits; if you like those, you'll like the rest of the CD's rockin' blues sound too Great CD for the casual BC fan.
on March 19, 2011
So I wanted to go way back with some music.. and amazon had many BC cds to choose from and I chose greatest hits tribute work in progress! LOVE! The CD came packaged well and it is just as when we used to have record stores.. packed brand new and perfect! 2 thumbs up!
on September 21, 2012
I bought this based on my love for one song, their cover of hard to handle. I had the song selected as a favorite on one of my stations on slacker. They kept playing other songs by the Black Crowes that I had not heard before or really paid attention to. Songs like Remedy and Thorn in Pride are underrated classics. Great music will always be relevant!
on June 25, 2014
Exactly what you'd expect from a greatest hits album. Doesn't present much if you are a die hard fan who already owns everything, but if you are more of a casual fan (like me) or are new to the band, then this is just the ticket. All the essential hits are here pretty much in chronological order. So if you're in the mood for some good ol' southern flavored rock n roll, dive on in!
on March 18, 2002
I love my good ole southern boys, and nobody is better in my mind that the Black Crowes. There is simply nothing less than spectacular on this CD, from the incredible guitarwork to the saucy songs to just...everything.
I just can't listen to anything else right now, and I recommend it without reservation to anybody who likes the genre. These boys are without peer. In my book, anyway.