Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Greatest Hits
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 27, 2012
For long time fans this cd has little to offer other than a few new songs that can likely be purchased seperately. For those new to the group for some unknown reason or those that just want the radio hits, it should suffice. The cd includes the group's nine #1 hit songs and three new tracks. There were some other hits that would have been better inclusions than the new tracks and made the compliation more complete. Those tracks being "The Road I'm On", "Citizen Soldier", "Let Me Be Myself", "Landing In London", and "When We Were Young" (as the lone inclusion from their last disc).
on March 4, 2014
So, 3 Doors Down has at long last released a greatest hits LP. Although it may seem limited in scope, it's the quality that actually counts. I will rate the songs very fairly.

Kryptonite: 5 stars; Loser; 5 stars; Duck And Run: 4 stars; Be Like That: 4 stars; When I'm Gone: 5 stars; Away From The Sun: 5 stars; Here Without You: 4 stars; Let Me Go: 5 stars; It's Not My Time: 4 stars.

"Kryptonite" was the song that got everyone's attention, as you can clearly see in the liner notes. "Duck And Run" feels like Brad is singing about anti-suicide: "I won't duck and run/Cuz I'm not built that way." "Let Me Go" was actually the song that got my attention to the band in the first place, which was back in March 2005. It's a great ballad with sexy vocals from Brad. So it's funny how one month later, I instantly loved 3DD's records.

It also didn't take very long for everyone ELSE to notice 3DD, and why not?? There are a lot of other alternative rock bands that sound rather bland in nature, but certainly NOT this band! NO ONE sounds like them at all, which is why they continue to remain my number one favorite male band of all time, period. Brad's lyrics and the band's melodies showcase A LOT of muscle and substance. Each new record that is released, 3DD has not only branched out their sound (i.e. by constantly reinventing themselves), but has gotten even better as a result! Overall, there is NO song in their entire 12 year catalog that I didn't like!

Speaking of that, I will now list my other favorite other songs that are just as important for others to hear: "The Better Life", "Dangerous Game", "Going Down In Flames", "Right Where I Belong", "It's Not Me", "Live For Today", "Here By Me", "Let Me Be Myself", "Train", and "Every Time You Go." I'm a little disappointed that 3DD didn't include any non-album tracks -- and I'm certain that they have some!! (I believe that one of those songs was "Living A Lie".)

However, fans WILL get 3 new tracks. My favorite one is "Goodbyes"; although Brad is singing about someone that he lost, there's still an underlying tone to the lyrics. All in all, 3DD cannot EVER do any wrong. I'm sure we will be hearing a new LP from them by year's end or sometime in 2015. I don't know for sure, so I suppose we'll all have to wait and find out! :)
on November 21, 2012
3DD played in my hometown on 11/21/12. The set included the three new songs included in this collection, which are, in my opinion, great companions to the certified hits. This is a good collection for anyone who doesn't want to own or can't afford all the albums. To fans like me no collection is likely to seem complete since 3DD has great "album tracks" that were never released as singles. As always I encourage fellow music lovers to support their favorite artists by actually purchasing their music.
on February 15, 2015
This under rated band has a nice guitar based sound, and you'll love em for it. The songs we've all have heard via radio are here and a few others. I wish there were more songs on this one though. Broaden out my mind out w this band.
on March 9, 2014
Since I already own all the other CDs from them, this was a splurge to get the additional new songs. It was supposedly remastered for the old songs, which are good and were good when I bought them originally. Since it was on sale, it was worth getting it for the new music. If you don't own the other music by them, it's a good "beginner" CD.
on March 3, 2014
The CD developed some bad spots but not sure that it was not my car CD player that I went ahead and replaced. The instant RIP is awesome as I now have this album both on my computer and on my iPhone! My new car stereo has the USB connection so that I can listen to 3 Doors Down from my phone through my car stereo and the CD is now irrelevant!
on July 23, 2014
This is one of my all time favorite groups. Saw them in concert along the Daughtry. Super music. I didn't realize their music until now so many years later. Very professional and all around great guys.
on December 31, 2013
I didn't know about 3 Doors Down. I guess they were very popular a few years ago. I found out about them when I subscribed to Pandora and created a station starting with Daughtry which I love very much. 3 Doors Down came with it and I just love a lot of their songs. If you like Daughtry I think you would like this CD.
on June 27, 2013
They are a great band~~ have seen them in concert
and put on a fantastic show. Very melodical and beat
conscience. Am seeing them again soon and will be
able to sing along this time..(-: I recommend this cd
and will purchase more to supplement my collection.
on February 6, 2013
It's the Greatest Hits album, so it's not like you don't know what you're in for. The new songs are in the same style and give you the same basic message we've been getting for years. Don't expect drastic artistic changes. It's solid, dependable guitar rock.