Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. MY PREROGATIVE (9/10) Amazing Cover! this song is very cool, i don't know why this song didn't have the success that everyone espect! but anyway was #1 in MTV México!
2. TOXIC (12/10) what can't i say about this song, it's the best song of Britney! i love this song, this is really a Brtieny Spears' Worldwide #1!
3. I'M A SLAVE 4 U (12/10) Damn it Britney! amazing Song, i love this song since i heard it on the Radio! for this song a became a Britney Fan!
4. OOPS! I DID TI AGAIN (8/10)well i like this song, i remember that a girl on my elementary school had the single and i heard it i just say "It's cool".....but IT'S GREAT!
5. ME AGAINST THE MUSIC (Feat. Madonna) (7/10) well, this song is SoSo, i don't like it that much as the others, i like the "Richi Rich's Desi Kulcha Mix" included on the album: "In The Zone", I HAVE TO SAY the Britney Version (without Madonna) IS MUCH BETTER!, I Don't Hate Madonna, i like her alot, but i don't like this song.
6. STRONGER (10/10) i think that this is the most longest TOP 10 song of Britney in México, this song was on the Top 10 for like 5 months or maybe more (i'm talking about Radio)
7. EVERYITME (8/10) the background sounds like a music box are very awfull!, but the lyrics and the Britney's voice are the best!Read more ›
The throbbing My Prerogative welcomes the listener to a Bobby Brown cover. The song was released in order to promote the greatest hits album, landing Britney a considerable hit in Europe. The funky, infectious cut is a guilt-pleasure of mine, however it will not be considered a memorable song, in my opinion, as the original is far superior. Next up is the teasingly Toxic. The spy-like theme and the catchy chorus are the highlights of the song. It is probably one of the best pop songs to have been released within the last 6 years. It certainly proved that Britney had not lost the potential to release a hit song. The sexy, addictive I'm A Slave For You from the Britney album was produced by the producer-team The Neptunes. Its funky sound and the mourn-like noises are a perfect match for one another: however, some may argue that the raunchy theme and the mourning sound are a tad overdone.
Released in 2000, the Oops...I Did It Again album witnessed a different Britney from her previous album Baby One More Time. The red-cat suit for the first single Oops...I Did It Again had people interested - positively and negatively. Admittedly, the song is extremely catchy but the horrible lyrics and Britney's irritating voice ruin the song completely.Read more ›
Her 3 new tunes are all great, My Prerogative is a great opener, I've Just Begun is a nice addition that holds its own against some of the legendary female artists around, & Do Somethin' is a great closer with a beat that is solid.
The real strength here is the material amassed in such a span
of time. Baby One More Time, Oops! I Did It Again, Stronger, Lucky & Everytime are all very solid tunes that're what carries the album & shows off her musical skills. The tracks aren't in chronological order, but that's okay because there's so many good tunes here that it doesn't matter that much to me. The musical quality of these tunes is nothing short of great on each one & the production & mixing are really solid & keep the album sounding so good.
I'd like to have seen Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know & From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart make the cut as well, but this is still a very solid & tight greatest hits package that I've not seen a female solo artist pull off since Maddona's wonderful The Immaculate Collection was done. I don't know about the quality of the 6 bonus tracks as I've only got the standard 17-track disc.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved her from the first time she came around and also even during her dark years and she is a good artistPublished 1 month ago by Donald Smiley
GREATEST HITS: MY PREROGATIVE is an amazing collection of Britney Spears songs, especially since it includes key songs like "...Baby One More Time" and "Oops... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ronnie
Greatest Hits; My Perogative by Britney Spears showcase some of the best hits from Britney Spears early career prior to 2004 that also combine pop, dance, and club themes. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Stella Carrier
IMO, this is the best Britney spears album of all time! Thanks for the great music!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer