Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2010 3:57:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2010 4:40:15 PM PDT
Corey Smith says:
What I heard was incorrect about the track listing. Lay Your Hands On Me is on the greatest hits. Here are the songs that Bon Jovi has listed that will be on the ultimate edition. I am not sure of the order. They are announcing the songs 1 by 1 on their facebook page.

1 Runaway
2 Livin' on a Prayer
3 Wanted Dead or Alive
4 You Give Love a Bad Name
5 Bad Medicine
6 I'll Be There For You
7 Born to Be My Baby
8 Blaze of Glory
9 Always
10 It's My Life
11 Who Says You Can't Go Home
12 Have a Nice Day
13 We Weren't Born to Follow
14 Lay Your Hands On Me
15 What Do You Got?
16 No Apologies
17 Blood On Blood
18 Keep The Faith
19 Bed Of Roses
20 These Days
21 Lost Highway
22 In These Arms
23 You Want To Make A Memory
24 This Ain't A Love Song
25 Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
26 When We Were Beautiful
27 The More Things Change
28 This Is Love, This Is Life

What Do You Got?, No Apologies, The More Things Change and This Is Love, This Is Life are the 4 new songs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2010 12:43:37 PM PDT
That'd be a great tracklist... but Everyday, Have a Nice Day and Make a Memory on disc 1? Oh, well... everybody will have grievances... although I'd love to see a double live album as oppossed to a Greatest Hits from a band that still sells so many albums (and I have them all)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2010 4:15:23 PM PDT
Corey Smith says:
I have edited my original post to reflect what songs are being announced as being on the 2 CD greatest hits. The list I heard about seemed right except when I found out Lay Your Hands On Me was on there I knew the list I saw was wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2010 5:56:44 AM PDT
M. Kuhlka says:
A Greatest Hits II, made me think when announced that would include song not previously used before in compilations of the same kind, most of these were already in Crossroads, and now again? Don't they have more songs from Keep The Faith or These Days albums they consider a hit? We Weren't Born To Follow is a hit? Since when, in which country?
Very disappointing and this is the very first time I won't buy one of their releases.

Posted on Sep 13, 2010 4:45:02 PM PDT
Corey Smith says:
Here is the US Track list in Order

DISC 1 (Ultimate & Standard)
1Livin' On A Prayer
2You Give Love a Bad Name
3Runaway
4Bad Medicine
5Born to Be My Baby
6I'll Be There For You
7Lay Your Hands On Me
8It's My Life
9Always
10Wanted Dead or Alive
11Blaze of Glory
12Who Says You Can't Go Home (duet featuring Jennifer Nettles)
13Have a Nice Day
14We Weren't Born to Follow
15What Do You Got? * New Song
16No Apologies * New Song
DISC 2 (Ultimate Collection Only)
1In These Arms
2Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
3Lost Highway
4Keep The Faith
5When We Were Beautiful
6Bed of Roses
7This Ain't a Love Song
8These Days
9(You Want to) Make a Memory
10Blood on Blood
11This is Love This is Life * New Song
12The More Things Change * New Song

Posted on Sep 25, 2010 4:55:13 PM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
"12Who Says You Can't Go Home (duet featuring Jennifer Nettles) "

Ugh I despise this song, and that Jennifer chick made it 100x worse with her annoying voice. I never liked Have a Nice Day, personally found it to be one of their worst albums ever, besides Lost Highway and the Circle. Now that I thought about it, I won't be purchasing this album either. A huge disappointment.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 5:48:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2010 5:56:58 PM PDT
I love the duet version of the #1 country hit: Who Says You Can't Go Home but then again I'm a big Sugarland fan. I do think this CD lacks some of the earlier hits. Nothing from 7800° Fahrenheit is just wrong. The Japanese edition does include 2 from 7800°: "Tokyo Road" of course and "In and Out of Love" plus "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead".
I think the set could have got at least 35 songs on it. It would have been nice to have a few of these:
"She Don't Know Me"
"Only Lonely"
"The Hardest Part Is the Night"
"Never Say Goodbye"
"Edge of a Broken Heart" (Disorderlies soundtrack)
"Living in Sin" (a #9 hit) I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS DIDN'T MAKE IT!
"Good Guys Don't Always Wear White" (The Cowboy Way soundtrack)
"Something for the Pain"
"Hey God"
"Real Life" (EDtv Soundtrack)

Posted on Oct 23, 2010 12:34:20 PM PDT
J. Mehrtens says:
I've been waiting for them to officially release the recording of "Wanted Dead Or Alive" from the MTV awards show that basically sparked the whole "Unplugged" series. Guess I'll have to wait longer.

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 1:13:39 PM PDT
NT says:
I'm suprised "Never Say Goobye" didn't make the cut. That was a good ballad from Slippery When Wet. Idk if it charted though. Did Never Say Goodbye chart?

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 8:11:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2010 8:37:20 PM PST
J. Chan says:
Sean,

According to wikipedia:

"(Never Say Goodbye) was released as the fourth single off the band's album, Slippery When Wet, in August 1987, and reached number 11 on the Mainstream rock charts and number 21 in the UK Singles Chart."

I consider myself a devout Bon Jovi fan and have all their studio albums so the only catch for me would be the 4 new songs; which for me, doesn't justify paying the price of a full album. Also I'm quite surprised that not even a single song from "7800 Fahrenheit" or "Bounce" is represented here on the US version.

There needs to be an album or of previously unreleased live tracks for the die hard fans here in the states; the track list for 'One Wild Night' could have been so much better and in my opinion, was a bit of a disappointment. Or how about releasing a concert DVD for every major tour (ala U2) the band has embarked on? They already released a few, but what ever happened to footage from the massive Jersey Syndicate Tour or the later shows from the Have A Nice Day or Bounce tours?!

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 4:52:35 PM PST
Larry Davis says:
Target edition?? In the flier it says there are 2 exclusive songs...is it referring to Target or the new songs on the release?? I'm disappointed in this too...it should have been a cheap 3 or 4 disc boxset to satisfy everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 5:28:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2010 5:29:35 PM PST
J. Chan says:
I just saw that in the target ad too- quite ambiguous. The single disc edition, as well as disc 1 of the deluxe edition, are set to include the NEW songs "What Do You Got" and "No Apologies." However, there is no indication if those were the ones implied by the 2 "exclusive" songs available at Target.

I also just checked Target.com and there is no track list for this release yet. I'm curious now...

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 8:46:54 PM PST
Galley says:
The Target edition includes "Diamond Ring" and "We Weren't Born To Follow". Both were recorded live in New Jersey, May 2010.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 8:51:34 PM PST
J. Chan says:
Thanks for the clarification. Are these tracks available on the standard or deluxe version?

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 5:06:13 PM PST
Larry Davis says:
Thanks Galley...no big whoop...and J.Chan, those are 2 tracks are exclusive to Target, not on either disc...BUT if anything, the imports are better, espesh the Japanese edition which has Tokyo Road and 2 or 3 others. Bon JOvi have had so many singles and fan faves that they really should have put out a deluxe boxset as well...as many songs as 28 tracks are...24 hits and 4 newies...it doesn't cover everything.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 8:26:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2010 8:27:04 PM PST
NT says:
After comparing track lists and looking at chart info, I think Crossroads from 1994 is a better choice for most people. Plus it's only like 5 bucks or less now. Whoever made this tracklist botched it all up.

I'd also like to see some more of the unreleased songs from the 80's that the public hasn't heard yet. There were more then what was included on that old boxset from years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 12:22:05 PM PST
Bardnots0 says:
I think all of the songs that were already used on Crossroads should've been left off this set

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 1:46:29 PM PST
Larry Davis says:
No Reviewer...this set was meant to REPLACE "Crossroad"...that thing is pretty obsolete now (there have been numerous albums since)...but the 2CD version is still good, yet doesn't cover everything...none of the singles from "7800F" or "Bounce" are included, for instance...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 5:56:23 PM PST
Bardnots0 says:
That it doesn't cover anything from 7800 irritates me greatly. as far as covering every song that they've released as singles (including ones that never charted) they would need a box set

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 6:10:32 PM PDT
Cross Road was a much better album. They should have released Cross Road II

The singles left off that chart well throughout the world are:

Living In Sin
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
I Believe (Clearmountain Mix)
Dry County (Edit)
Something For The Pain
Lie To Me
Hey God
Real Life
Say It Isn't So
Thank you For Loving Me
One Wild Night
Everyday
Misunderstood
All About Loving YOu
The Distance
Wanted Dead or Alive 2003
Welcome To Wherever You Are

These songs didn't chart very well...
Till We Ain't Strangers (it won awards)
Whole Lot Of Leaving
Superman Tonight

T

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 3:44:08 PM PDT
Ed V Tom says:
Don't forget that Burning For Love, Only Lonely, and Silent Night also were released as singles. and I don't know if If I was Your Mother or Wild in the Streets were singles or not but they do have official music videos for them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about