- Audio CD
- Original Release Date: 2010
- Number of Discs: 2
- Format: CD
- Label: Arista
- ASIN: B0036F9CQY
- Average Customer Review: 71 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,229,675 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
The Greatest Love Songs Of All Time CD
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
The Greatest Love Songs Of All Time
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
|Audio CD, CD, 2010||
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Deluxe edition includes exclusive bonus CD Songs From The Vault!
1. Love Is Here To Stay
2. The Look Of Love
3. Where Do I Begin? (Theme From "Love Story")
4. I Only Have Eyes For You
5. I Can't Give You Anything But Love
6. The Twelfth of Never
7. We've Only Just Begun
9. Love Me Tender
10. You Made Me Love You
11. It Could Happen To You
12. How Deep Is The Ocean?
13. When You Were Sixteen (1898)
Bonus CD - Songs From The Vault
1. Nature Boy (Brooklyn, New York - 1948)
2. Golddigger (Outtake from "Barry" - 1980)
3. Biggest Part Of Me - featuring Dave Koz (Outtake from "The Greatest Songs Of The Eighties" - 2008)
4. Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Outtake from "The Greatest Songs Of The Eighties" - 2008)
5. Every Breath You Take (Outtake from "The Greatest Songs Of The Eighties" - 2008)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Regards from Brazil!
São Paulo, Brazil
I thought that many of the tracks on "Barry Manilow: The Greatest Love Songs of All Time" were quite pedestrian. I could find precious little passion on tunes like "I Only Have Eyes For You", "We've Only Just Begun" and "I Can't Give You Anything But Love". These songs will likely be heard for years to come as background "muzak" in offices, restaurants, waiting rooms etc. There is nothing notable about them. Meanwhile, I was not at all enamored with the arrangement chosen for "Love Me Tender". Frankly, I did not care for that one at all. But having said all that there are some brighter moments on this disc. I thought Manilow did a more than credible job on numbers like "The Look of Love", "The Twelfth of Never" and "You Made Me Love You". On these tracks I could at least detect a pulse! My favorite tune on this disc would have to be "Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You)". Both the arrangement and Barry's take on this old Mill Brothers standard was right on. Finally, one of the reasons I relented and purchased this album was the inclusion of the venerable 1898 tune "When You Were Sweet Sixteen". I am a big fan of so-called "turn of the century" music and I have always loved that song. I am happy to report that this one turned out just fine.
But at the end of the day "Barry Manilow" The Greatest Love Songs of All Time" simply failed to impress. I very much wanted to like this disc but after 6 or 7 spins I am afraid that I remain largely underwhelmed. This is not a horrible record but about half the tracks failed to move me at all. With the likes of Clive Davis producing this album I expected much more. I will think twice before purchasing another disc of this type in the future. Disappointing.