Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on October 14, 2017
Great little book. bought as a gift. He liked it a lot.
on January 11, 2018
very good
on December 20, 2014
I bought this as a Christmas gift for a friend who likes presidential history, and I decided to get an extra copy for myself because I own the other books in the series and I really enjoy them. I was not disjointed, and my friend, who is a presidential history buff, was delighted to learn many cool but little known facts about our presidents (and a couple of foreign dignitaries that are included as a bonus.)
on March 31, 2013
Every story is a surprise. It is great for young and old. The writing is very agile. There are several stories that give an entirely new view of President Lincoln. Never knew that he obtained a U.S. Patent for the design of a flotation device for boats that get stuck on sandbanks.
The stories are great for reading to kids before bed. Each story is one page long and the facing page has details and facts that give added color to the times surrounding the presidential tale being described.
on August 30, 2015
My 11 year old history buff adores these books. I really like them, too. The stories are just the right length to read aloud before bed, and he doesn't mind that he's already read them 10 times before I do. They have inspired some great Googling. I highly recommend them all.
on July 27, 2008
I married a history buff, and never know what to get him as a gift. I usually go through old used book sales looking for out of print history books (which are so contradictory and funny) for him to read and compare to the present day truth (ok, who knows). I love it when I get a hit on a search from Amazon.com and I am able to find a book that doesn't require being around smelly people selling books out of cardboard boxes.
This book had funny tidbits of each president that could never be denied or proven.
on March 19, 2016
It's good for a quick read, brief summaries of stories. Would be a good coffee table book, but maybe not if you want something more in depth.
on July 14, 2013
My dad loved it. Thanks for making fathers day wonderful for my dad.
He found this book at a restaurant that he frequents and they use for
decoration and have it secured to the booth. My dad always asks for
the same booth so he can read it while eating there. He didn't think I could
find it for him but I did. :)
on September 11, 2016
I love that these stories are real but have been unheard of. Interesting read.
on February 14, 2014
My teenage son really enjoyed this book and was constantly stopping while reading to come and share a particularly interesting story. It made a great gift for him as he loves random quirky facts and history. Well written and a nicely put together book that made a great gift.