Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,057 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,480 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon May 15, 2015
░░░░░A SUESSIAN CLASSIC !!!░░░░░

Oh how I like to review books.
I discuss them after taking looks.
I discuss them before hanging hooks.
I discuss them while hiding in nooks!

What can I say? Dr Suess just brings out the playful joyous side in me. And isn't that the whole point? Dr Suess makes books that are fun to read to kids and that kids can easily start to read themselves! Dr Suess made me love reading as a child and now 30 years later Dr Suess's magic works on my daughter as she won't put these books down.

And since my daughter is a picky eater, Green Eggs and Ham has a particularly relevant message (TRY food before declaring you hate it) that actually worked once to convince my daughter to try something new.

All in all Green Eggs and Ham is a must have for your Dr Suess library. It's one of his all time best!

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
on August 30, 2015
Who DOESN'T love Green Eggs and Ham? Heck, even mister Grouch Guy liked Green Eggs and Ham after the story was over! You do not like them, so you say, try them, try them, and you may! He would eat them with a goat, he would eat them on a boat! In the rain, in the dark, on a train, in a car and in a tree, they are so good so good you see! He would eat them in a box, he would eat them with a fox. He would eat them in a house, with a mouse! He would eat them here or there, he would eat them ANYWHERE! He does he does so like green eggs and ham, he does he likes them, thank you thank you, Sam I Am!

Beginning readers love this book for it's simple words fun story, and silly (but sneakily educational) simplistic didactic rhythm of the poem, which helps young readers to learn and remember (ask yourself why you still remember the words to this book after so many years!). Additionally, it enforces the lesson to TRY something, even if it looks weird, you may like them! You cannot say you don't like something until you have tried it!
on November 15, 2016
This book is a classic and takes me back to my childhood! Now I'm reading it to my son and he loves it too. This is a nice hardcover and a perfect size for little hands. It's our 4th Dr. Seuss book added to our collection and it won't be the last.
on June 1, 2017
Such a classic! One of our all-time favorites. My son is really into this book right now. He is such a picky eater and he loves to tell me he won't eat stuff but I have fun with it repeating the different places asking will he eat it here or there or with this Or that and he loves to tell me I won't I won't... But then I always tell him but what happens at the end? He finally agrees to try and loves them! So it helps a little with picky eater kids and is just a cute book in general. Highly recommend!
on August 13, 2016
This is a Seuss book that we'd never heard of until we found it at my grandmother in law's house. We read it to the kids, they loved it, and so did we, so we bought our own copy and it's become a frequently read selection to my 2- and 4-year olds. It's a great selection about how the grass isn't always greener on the other side and to be happy with what you've got (or where you live).
on April 26, 2015
This book is great for your little one learning to read. Downloaded it to a Kindle Fire Kids Edition Tablet. The book will read to the child, read and then wait for the child to read, or just allow the child to read at own pace. All objects in view are touch-sensitive, allowing the child to have the computer speak an unfamiliar word, or say what an object is on the page. The total hard back book is 62 pages. My daughter practiced and then sat as 'teacher' and read to her Kindergarten class. This download inspired her confidence to 'read a tough book', not the little 'first readers' and sight words. Loved it so much, bought another in this series for more reading by my daughter. Very, Very, satisfied.
on April 26, 2016
The ultimate in salesmanship! Persistence prevails! He asks alot of questions and qualified the environment in which Sam's friend might try them, on the potty reading his paper? No. On a crazy train that lands in the sea? No. In the dark? No. Finally he gets the demo in the clients hands,or mouth as it is,and guess what? Yes! He loves them! Thank you Sam I am! This is the first book I read all the way through by myself and now it's my daughter's favorite. I highly recommend the green eggs and ham. Or "sam,sam!"as my daughter would say.
on July 27, 2017
It is my favorite children's book. I bought it for my grandchildren and look forward to reading it to them. I want them to grow up enjoying the feel of a book; the sound and the motion of turning each page. It is a sensory delight that should be indelibly imprinted into their memories as was mine. A gift of togetherness and love they can share with the young ones that come into their lives in years to come.

You can't beat Seuss, but you can add Shel Silverstein & Graeme Base to your collection too!
Good price.
Hardback slick surface makes it easy to wipe clean.
on October 11, 2014
I read it to my sweetie who had never heard of it (YES REALLY!) talk about one of the best laughs I've had in ages! He was so bothered by Sam I am... ha ha To be fair he was just about to go to bed after a long long LONG day and I made him listen to my Dr. Seuss story, to which his final response: "I don't believe he's a real doctor any more than I think Dr. Spock was either" ha haha. Who knew all these years later I'd have so much fun with one of my favorite children's books. My dear sweetie is 27 years older than I am so there can be some generational issues that made this so much fun. My point? Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss is great fun no matter how old you are or whenever you read it!!
Dr. Seuss really knew how to entertain children. Give them silly characters, audacious plots, and easy-to-remember rhyme schemes and they're delighted. The big colorful pictures only heighten the experience. This is one of the books that you as an adult, will memorize--because they'll ask you to read it again, and again, and again.

As an educator and parent, I can attest to the value of using these books for lessons with phonics. Once they learn the pattern (consonant-vowel-consonant), they form their own words. For example: 'can' is the basis for 'man'; 'pan'; 'fan', etc. This is education at its best; enjoyable and fun for both you and your child.

The hardback, shiny cover is both durable and eye-catching. The pages are of sufficient weight paper that they will not tear easily. Little hands will be able to hold it, as it is lightweight. The print is quite large; big enough for little fingers to trace words or letters.

I must share a personal note here. A group of friends and I decided to give copies of our own children's best-loved books to one anothers' newly-born grandchildren. One of my sons stopped by yesterday as I was wrapping three of the favorites. He actually picked up and read this book. The smile on his face as he turned the pages was priceless.