Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 23, 2011
I had high hopes for this based on Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat and Other Favorites. That set is absolutely wonderful with amazing voice talent. These readers, however, aren't as good, but that makes sense since the actors used (David Hyde Pierce, Jason Alexander, Michael McKean) while entertaining on tv, don't compare talent-wise to Dustin Hoffman, Walter Matthau, John Lithgow, Billy Crystal, etc.

My advice is to pass on this set and get the other. If you already have it and your kids want more Seuss, be prepared that this set isn't as good.
on September 13, 2011
These stories are so boring on the CD. Some of the books selected do not work well on a CD and read so straight through it was painful. Where is the lilt in the voice and the bounce that makes Seuss fun? I am not happy this is just sitting in our collection now.

Don't buy this. Read the books with the little ones in your life and keep Seuss interesting!
on February 8, 2008
My two-year-old son and I have a lot of fun listening to some of our favorite stories in the car, but the performances are a little lackluster. I think Jason Alexander puts the most into his performances, but David Hyde Pierce and Michael McKean are just okay. In fact, since they are the only three voices on the cd, I get a little tired of them. But overall, the cd is enjoyable.
on June 5, 2016
Granddaughter loves listening to this cd.
on June 26, 2014
Stories Featured:

Green Eggs and Ham
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
I Am NOT Going to Get Up Today!
Oh Say Can You Say?
Fox in Socks
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
Hop on Pop
Dr. Seuss's ABC

In this fine collection, my favorite story is Dr. Seuss's ABC. It's nice to see that such an effort was put into making this audio book and properly making up for the lack of animation that is just natural with sound. That lack is more than made up for with creative background sounds and narrators, like Jason Alexander, who read the popular tales with flare and animation in their voices. This is a fine collection to own for anyone who wants to hear the sounds of Dr. Seuss. I'm sure Dr. Seuss himself would be quite proud. Enjoy.
on March 11, 2016
My son loves Dr Seuss but he wasn't as excited about this as I thought he would be. He may like it more the more he listens to it. We haven't listened to every story yet but have enjoyed the ones we have.
on August 22, 2010
I purchased this and "The Cat in The Hat" CD and they are the B-E-S-T thing I've picked up in a long time. My son loves reading and being read to, esp. Dr. Seuss, and these come in handy after I've read the 10th... 12th... 14th book with him that day. He plays these at least 3x every day. The voices (all well known actors) are very well suited to the stories they read and give a great alternative style to "mom's". Plus with 2 CDs in each collection my son never gets bored.
on November 20, 2011
I don't know why a previous reviewer found this boring. It's true that ABC lacks much in the way of narrative, but my kids (3 and 5) still seem to love it. The title story, read by Jason Alexander, is great. That one can get a little monotonous to read, but he really sells it. When I read Green Eggs and Ham now, I imitate some of his phrasing of the lines.
on October 6, 2012
Bought this for my pre-K son who loves Dr Seuss. We've all been very happy with this purchase. Be warned that the sound is a little "low;" we have to crank up the volume to hear the speakers. Also wish it were all on 1 CD instead of split into 2. Otherwise, it's fun to listen to while reading along with the books.
on November 2, 2016