Customer Reviews: Green Forest Premium 100% Recycled Bathroom Tissue, 352 sheets, 12 rolls (Pack of 4)
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on April 11, 2009
After reading other reviews I decided I would sacrifice resistance for softness and price, but when I got my order I realized the other reviewers must have been comparing this to their shower curtains (or whatever they use to clean themselves) because this toilet paper is just as good as any other "normal" toilet paper in the market except for the fact that you're not wiping yourself with mother nature and it's an excellent part of a conscious lifestyle. Granted it ranks lower in softness and resistance than the best most expensive supermarket brands using 100% NON recycled paper and chlorine bleach, but it's not bad at all. There is no sacrifice for me in using this brand and it's one more step towards a sustainable lifestyle. I totally recommend it.

EDIT: It's been almost 2 years and I'm still using exclusively this brand. One thing I don't understand though, is why this is so much cheaper when it appears to be the exact same thing? Green Forest Unscented Bathroom Tissue, 100% Recycled Paper, Whitened Without Chlorine, 12 Roll Packs (Pack of 8)
1010 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Some people use TP for drying purposes, not merely wiping or blotting. And, I'm pleased to report, Green Forest is the winner when it comes to not turning into a handful of lint when it really matters.

I also use Seventh Generation individually wrapped (rougher), and Trader Joes (flimsier), but get GF when it's available. Pricey, but worth it.

(Note - Green Forest also has a tall 12-pack, with 198-sheet rolls. This is completely different stuff, and falls apart if you look at it).
on October 10, 2010
I have been a loyal Charmin buyer for many years. Charmin is a very soft toilet paper, but is not as environmentally friendly as this brand. While contemplating switching to a greener brand, I worried that I might sacrifice comfort. I read many reviews of this product on amazon and I couldn't find a direct comparison between Green Forest and Charmin toilet paper in terms of comfort level. I am quite sensitive when it comes to toilet paper, so I am willing to pay slightly more for the softer kind. After using this brand, I can tell you that this bran is much better than some low quality brands (Scott for instance) but not nearly as soft as Charmin.

Green Forest is quite good for many reasons. It is strong enough to withstand heavy use and is not as scratchy as the cheap 1 ply brands you might find in a public toilet or on sale at the supermarket. I was able to get it at a reasonable price (50c per roll), so it is a reasonably good value but it does come with a down side. However, it is still quite scratchy compared to the higher end brands.

I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a decent, economical, environmentally friendly toilet paper. However, I would not recommend this to someone who is particularly sensitive about what makes contact with their body's nether-regions. I paid 65c/roll for Charmin basic and had a much better experience with that product. To me, it's worth the 15c extra.
55 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 6, 2010
I've finally found toilet paper that's a good happy medium. I want to do right both by mother earth and my derriere... using toilet paper that doesn't pollute the world with nasty chemicals before or after usage, yet feels at least reasonably decent on my behind. This stuff does the trick.
on July 21, 2010
Green Forest Bathroom Tissue / B001AZJZR8

I used to buy Seventh Generation Bathroom Tissue, but my husband kept stocking "his" bathroom with non-recycled bathroom tissue, saying that he could feel a difference between the non-recycled tissue and the Seventh Generation stuff. I never could feel a difference myself, but when the last batch of SG ran out, I bought this Green Forest brand and figured that if he didn't like these either, then I would use them up.

This is now the second bulk package we've bought, and we use this exclusively. I can't tell a difference between this toilet paper and the "real" (i.e., not recycled) stuff at other peoples' houses, and my husband is happy to use this brand exclusively. It's a very minor thing to help the environment, but every little bit helps and it's very nice to see this level of quality in a green product.

~ Ana Mardoll
on August 13, 2010
This is fantastic quality, as compared not only to the brand of recycled bathroom tissue I used to use (Seventh Generation Bathroom Tissue), but also compared to the non-recycled premium brands like Charmin, etc.

After a couple of years of using Seventh Generation, I had become a "satisfied" customer, who was willing to sacrifice some softness to benefit the environment. Recently, however, I came across the Green Forest brand, and noticed that it is less expensive than Seventh Generation. So I decided to "try it out" and substitute it in my latest Subscribe-and-Save bulk order on Amazon.

I am now a big-time convert to Green Forest. When you compare Seventh Generation to Green Forest, it seems that Seventh Generation is more like sandpaper than bathroom tissue. In contrast, the Green Forest tissues are incredibly soft and absorbent - and they are 100% recycled and contain no chlorine bleach, just like Seventh Generation. Furthermore, they easily rival the top-shelp brands of non-recycled bathroom tissues.

I used to think there was a trade-off of softness for "doing good," but now you really can have both. And, at a decent price to boot. All you Seventh Generation users out there, I encourage you to give Green Forest a try.
on September 21, 2011
Last September I bought this for $24.92. On September 7 of this year they charged me $33.61 at the subscribe and save price, and now two weeks later they're charging $45.36??
on September 17, 2011
I'm not one to review toilet paper- I mean as long as it does it's job, right? This one fits the bill and can leave you feeling a little less guilty and possibly safer as it's a "green" product. I had purchased this via the subscribe and save option and it was a decent deal with the 15% off price making it about $30 to $31 bucks a shipment. This month (September 2011) was sticker shock- the formerly $30 decent deal is now shipping for the discount price of $45, a whopping 50% increase!!! I'm not sure I can make sense out of this and can only say shop carefully, especially with subscription items.
on January 7, 2011
PREVIOUS REVIEW: This toilet paper met my expectations, if not more. We used to buy Angel Soft toilet paper for our household and this Green Forest product is just as soft as the Angel Soft. Great thing is this did not cost that much more than Angel Soft that we used to get from Target (in fact, Green Forest cost less per sq. ft. with the subscribed rate on Amazon), not to mention how much more environmentally friendly Green Forest is. No complaints here!

EDIT (11/9/11): The price went up over $10! I've switched over to Seventh Generation until the price goes back down. Although I still prefer Green Forest over Seventh Generation, this price hike is too much for me. Seventh Gen is better priced per sq. ft. of toilet paper.
on October 23, 2012
I use to get a lot of VB infections and when I changed to this no-chlorine toilet paper, all of the female problems went away. I highly recommend this toilet paper for women. Plus its soft for sensitive bums.