Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 30, 2005
I'm picky about what my 1 1/2 year old and my 5 year old listen to, music-wise. Especially when I have to be trapped in the car with them listening to the same music over and over again. I really enjoyed 'Green Gorilla, Monster & Me' and I suggest you buy this CD if you have kids from ages 0 to 10. The lyrics are funny and smart, and the music is excellent! I'm not a music expert, but I enjoy listening to this CD over and over again and I appreciate the fun rhythms and vocals. (Try out the Tarzan song sample-- it's hysterical!) Buy this CD!
on June 6, 2014
After seeing reviews on Amazon, I purchased this cd for my 4 and 1 1/2 year old children. My 1 1/2 year old requests this every morning. No one can hold still listening to it, which is why I use it to get everyone out of bed during the week. Music is enjoyable for adults too.
on March 8, 2007
Ralph World CD's are great - we own almost all of them. He is very talented and his music appeals to all ages, including adults. It's fun and we all find ourselves singing the songs all day.
on April 11, 2007
For parents searching for a good way to introduce great music to their children, without worrying about content being unacceptable, this CD is amazing. We are music aficionados and wanted to introduce our 2-year old daughter to rock and roll without exposing her to mature themes. Green Gorilla, Monster & Me is perfect for that!
on April 5, 2013
I think the album is ok but not his best work. Kids feel the same way. The loved his other album and would play it all day but not so much with this one.
on March 2, 2007
I have enjoyed listening to Ralph Covert's wonderful songs. When we turn it on for our 1 yr. old he immediately starts bouncing up and down. He loves listening to Ralph!
on August 9, 2005
Ralph Covert continues to fine tune his family friendly music on his sixth Mini Fresh release, "Green Gorilla, Monster & Me". The latest trip through Ralph's World is full of lighthearted fantasy, heightened by clever lyrics and driven home by exceptional musicianship. As we've come to expect, Ralph changes genres like changing clothes for the seasons; each has it's comfortable fit. "River Flow" provides a subtle geography lesson couched in the folksy sound of banjo & dobro. "Tower of Blocks" envelopes us in the calm of a dreamy afternoon. Subject matter reaches beyond preschool themes to gentle life lessons that are never too early or too late to learn. (Try new things, don't judge by appearances, take care of yourself, actions have consequences) This is not at all like the in-your-face "mature" themes in those CD's of current popular music sung with kids. As a 40-ish SAHM, who finds it increasingly difficult to shield my children from adult content, I appreciate the effort to make it cool but keep it clean.

Dance Around is an energetic intro, getting us physically involved from the start.

Hideaway sets the ageless tone with it's upbeat "feel-good" harmonies. The Bad Examples could play this one, and no one would think "kid song".

Gitarzan is a HOOT! This convincingly "live" mix does the Ray Stevens classic proud. Ralph handles the 3 distinct vocals, a crazy apeman-cowboy yodel, Jane's hot scat and that spunky monkey. How `bout THAT? WoW!

Old Red #7 is a pretty cool story of boyhood friendship. This is one of those Covert gems that takes you there. You can smell the early morning air and feel the knot in your stomach as downhill Mario Andrettis meet to compete. My li'l guy likes the buh buh bup bah bahs.

That is a reason this all works so well; it can be enjoyed on several levels. First there's the childlike, gut level, primal energy; I hear it, I like it. I dance, I cry, etc. Add musical complexity (which is somewhat beyond my realm) and intelligent writing that is often ignored by "kid's music", and grown-ups feel good about listening to it .

Liesl Echo is a beautiful fairy tale that strikes a Lennon/McCartney chord, with its bittersweet storytelling in minor key harmonies.

Who's the dog with her very own theme song? It's Monster, a terrier who made it from the pound into a loving family. OK, it's pretty much just cute, but not annoying.

Tim the Boy and I Don't Wanna are both about the choices we make, but with very different vehicles. I was really feelin' the punk rockin' I Don't Wanna, and I think I embarrassed my children. :rolleyes: Not to worry, parents, turns out we might wanna after all.

The Kids in Ralph's World are completely endearing. I don't know if it's just because they're "real", regular kids (if some musicians' kids), or also because they aren't on every song. Their natural quality makes me smile and want to sing out like a kid again.

Go see Ralph and the band live if you can. In the meantime, buy this CD! There's not one track on it I'd skip.
on July 1, 2007
(Warning, this review is a template for all my Ralph's World reviews, but strewn throughout are specific comments pertaing to this specific album)

Ralph's World is music performed by an adult, but in the voice of a child. Of course, this is the goal for all children's artists, but sadly, much of what is on the market is simplistic and condescending. Ralph's World is childlike through and through. His music looks at the world from a child's perspective, and delivers in songs both children and adults find so appealing. This is one of those rare artists who would be enjoyed by most generations if he were to, say, perform in a park or community theater. Kids, adults, even grandparents would get lost in the feel good music world of wonder, excitement, imagination, and goofiness children live in (and need). We played this album, along with happy Lemons and Kid Astro at a b-day party, and the adults had no problems listening to the discs all day.

I initially tried to compose a list of songs my two sons enjoyed the most, but it turns out they like just about every one. But unlike clothes, books and toys they will outgrow, and do not interest adults, this album is simply good music even for adults. More than once I found myself listening to this music (and hitting replay after songs like Old #7, and River Flow) after the kids have long left the car or room.

But don't get me wrong: this album is deservedly 100% for children. Our children deserve good songs, positive and realistic themes, and good musicianship. They get it all here, and we get to enjoy some of the benefits as well. I'm sure my boys will "outgrow" this album some time, but I know this CD will remain in my collection. And I know I can make a greatest hits compilation strictly for myself using songs from this and other albums, filling the CD to its 80 minute capacity.
on November 5, 2006
We love this CD, and it's recently released brother, Welcome to Ralph's World. Our 2.5 year old requests this CD in the car every time we get in! We can actually use it as a way to get him moving if we are in a hurry! The songs are all light hearted and silly enough to keep a kid involved, but can even captivate the imagination of the grown-ups in the car! My son and I sing all the songs together, and my husband and I will even hear the tunes from the monitor as he sings himself to sleep at night, he loves them that much. Our son is a huge music lover, so this was a great match!
on September 3, 2005
Every CD seems to get better and better. We've listened to Kid Astro hundreds of times and all his other CDs and video. My 2.5 year old son LOVES all of his stuff, my wife has become a groupie and now that we have a 9 week old we'll have to flip to see who gets to take the older boy to see Ralph Live at the Universal Amphitheatre. Again his style on Green Gorilla encompasses McCartney, The Sex Pistols (I don't Wanna) and his own original, unique brand of music. Thanks Ralph. Keep 'em coming!