Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on November 6, 2013
'Green Juicing' is an excellent and easy read for an aspiring juicer (not the machine). It's reasonably well-constructed, albeit at times redundant. At least twice I thought I might have inadvertently paged back to something I had already read. A professional editing might be, and likely is, in order. I as well felt that in its `easy read' literary construct of considering the novice juicer, it needed to place less emphasis on a juice cleansing fast, and stick more with the benefits of juicing; a cleansing fast in the entry stages of juicing, perhaps being a bit too radical. A key component (for lack of a more original idiom) when extolling the virtues of any green or grown oriented eating regimen, is explaining the profound benefits of a diet emphasizing alkalinity, and the dangers of the highly acidic diet that Americans in particular now indulge. However, I still recommend this little introduction to greening one's diet. And start out with the twenty dollar blender. Unless you're blending coconuts and bricks it'll do the job for quite a while, or until you know you're sold on juicing - whichever comes first.
on November 6, 2013
It is a crowded marketplace filled with books telling you how to lose weight and keep if off. But I was only interested in something that could make me do it naturally and I found a match made in heaven with Green Juicing Diet: Green Juice Detox Plan for Beginners. The thought of green juice was not a pleasant thought at first but when I read the book and applied many of the suggestions I found that these juices can be quite delicious as they are healthy. I literally felt different the first week I started doing my green juices. My body feels cleaner, I'm more energized and I for the first time my body feels detoxed from inside out. The information in the Green Juicing Diet is simple and easy to follow. The recipes are easy and can be done in short time it is almost effortless. You owe it to yourself to feel better than you ever thought was possible and this book will guide you naturally to a better way to diet. The author did an excellent job at explaining how each fruit or vegetable worked and how you can get the most out the juices you make. Great book, you will love!
on November 19, 2013
Green Juicing Diet: I am going wax personal on this one. I have had two girlfriends that were heavy Juicers and jocks with a blender. Let me be clear---Juicing and blending are totally different. Both annoying sounds, but with great results in the end, but juicing is a purist’s way of going about it. When you have a hang over and hear the machinations, well you just want to add vodka. But if a juicer is in the kitchen the art becomes more pronounced. This book is as it says, “A Juice Detox Plan For Beginners.” It works. If you are not blessed with Yoga Mat-type girlfriends like myself, then you could do well to pick up this guide. It tells you what greenery to choose and how to make the most out of them. These are the facts of “Greenage.” Very good formulas and processes so you do not have to tolerate other people in your “Zen” areas. Unless that is what you dig. There is another angle to this book---“Why juice against eating?” Believe it or not, this is a major discussion in the world of greenage. I like this book. It so works.
on November 11, 2013
If you watch television, chances are you have seen an infomercial on a blender or juicer. You have probably also wondered what the difference is between the two since the commentator is throwing fruits and vegetables into a loud machine and weird looking liquid is pouring out. But fear not fledgling nutritionist, your questions along with some great tips will be answered in this exceptional little book. It is broken down into six easy to read chapters. You will begin your journey into juicing by learning the essentials then move quickly into which vegetables contain the most nutrients. Learn why it's better to juice your own instead of buying a blended "pasteurized" one from your local grocer at four times the cost. Parents will also learn how to blend a vegetable drink a child will crave, but never guess it's loaded with all the yuckiest veggies they refuse to eat! So what are you waiting for?
Green Juicing Diet: Green Juice Detox Plan for Beginners-Includes Green Smoothies and Green Juice Recipes
on March 18, 2017
I would have liked this book a bit better had photos been added for each recipe. Some are not very appetizing, but for the most part, a good book for cleansing with green juice.
on May 27, 2014
I can honestly say I eat every vegetable known to man, and I thought as long as I didn’t cook all of the nutrients out I was ok. Reading this book has given me a new outlook on juicing. All this time I didn’t see a difference between blending and juicing until now, and I didn’t know there were so many juicers available. My sister is vegan so it has always been a task cooking for her, but this weekend I offered her a kale, broccoli, cucumber smoothie with a splash of OJ and a banana. She named it the Day O smoothie. It is a must try, be sure you don’t allow it to sit out for too long as the air will deplete the nutrients.
I will slowly make my way to a juice fast but I have to prepare myself for the side effects. I’m glad this book was recommended to me, as I am always looking to live a healthier life for my children. Great information in this book.
on November 18, 2013
The idea of green juicing was a mystery to me. When I began working with a trainer and had to get my health and weight reeled in quickly, he pushed me to try green juicing. My response...you want me to "drink a salad"? Lucky for me, he didn't throw me out, but rather introduced me to The Green Juicing Diet. I was still apprehensive, but promised to give it a try. The book makes the process of green juicing very easy, explaining in detail everything from the various choices of equipment/machines to a simple break down of ingredient components (the 4-3-2-1 method) which offers the greatest spectrum of nutrition and the proper balance for exceptionally palatable taste (even if you're not a big fan of veggies, like me). I also found their chapter on juice cleansing highly motivational and decided to give it a try - I survived and I felt really good. This is a great book for a beginning juicer, well rounded with thorough yet fast moving valuable information. You won't be sorry.
on May 22, 2014
I have long been interested in green juicing as a way to detox but have been too intimidated by the concept to actually go through with it. “Green Juicing Diet” offers a user-friendly path toward green detoxing, but is very low pressure and completely doable.

Although it touches on some of the different reasons people detox by going “green” with their eating it does not waste time on the “radical” aspects of this lifestyle and instead lays out everything you need to know about detoxing so that you can improve your health with green juicing.

I especially enjoyed the 4-3-2-1 Rule. It brings a fresh approach to green juicing that actually makes it really easy for beginners. The 18 green juice recipes don’t just include green ingredients, either. If you are interested in detoxing with green juices, this is a great place to start.
on March 7, 2013
From in-depth descriptions of the nutrients provided in everyday fruits and vegetables, to the pros and cons of detoxifying cleanses, "The Green Juicing Diet" packs a lot of valuable information into a six easy-to-read chapters. This is a great book for all who have an interest in juicing, from outlining the basics for beginners in a question and answer format, to giving specific recipes for those who are ready to jump right in and get started. Green fruits and veggies in particular have certain characteristics that make them extremely beneficial to your health.
Weight loss is just a great side effect to the real healthful benefits that green juice offers your body. There are a number of different methods for incorporating green juicing into your life. It is made very clear in the first few chapters that a detox/cleanse isn't the only way to harvest the wonderful effects of drinking green juice. In fact, slowly working them into your everyday diet will still improve your overall health. This book is perfect for both extreme dieters and those who are simply looking to research a unique way to improve their overall health.
on April 19, 2014
My mom has just started juicing and has had wonderful things to say about it, so I decided I’d look up some more information and try it out myself. Am I glad I found this book! It gives a quick, but thorough, introduction to juicing, from the health benefits to the correct way to juice to the equipment you should use.

There is also a rather comprehensive list of all the fruits and vegetables and herbs that are good to use with your juices, along with their health benefits. Then there are some sample recipes that I’m really looking forward to trying out. With all the information here, I think I’ll even be brave enough to make my own flavor profiles!

There is also a chapter on juice cleanses, which I’m not really interested in, but I think for those who want to try it, they’ll be glad to get the advice!