Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Green Mountain Coffee Hot Cocoa, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count (Pack of 2)
- Gluten free
- Contains milk, soy and tree nut products (coconut oil)
- 5mg of caffeine per cup
- Please note: 'regular', 'bold' and 'extra bold' refer to the amount of coffee in the K-Cup
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
The cost per cup seems pricey to me (hey, I'm an accountant), but I've done the math and it is comparable to other brands and traditional ways of making hot chocolate. As an Amazon Prime member, I don't pay extra for shipping (well, technically I do with the annual fee) which helps mitigate the cost per cup.
Here are the things to look out for when brewing hot chocolate with your Keurig:
1. Make sure you shake the cocoa container real well prior to putting the pod in the Keurig: the powder / mix tends to clump, and you don't want that to be the case when you brew a cup or else it will taste a little watery.
2. The hot chocolate tends to be thicker and can clog up the filtration / water lines (or whatever they call it). After you make a cup of hot chocolate, immediately run a medium cycle of just hot water. You'll see what I mean with the cloudiness of the water coming out at this cycle as it cleans out the water line. Make sure you put a cup under it when you do it or you'll have a mess!
3. If you want a "richer" hot chocolate experience, use the small or medium setting. It all depends upon your viewpoint: my son and I like the small setting, and my wife and daughter like the medium setting. Don't forget the marshmellows!
When used on the standard setting, almost all of the powder in the Green Mountain cups gets used (unlike Timothy's White Chocolate cups), and produces an acceptable cup of hot cocoa.
Admittedly, it's not much better than a Swiss Miss packet that you'd mix in hot water, but the convenience of slamming a cup in your Keurig and having a cup of cocoa in less time than it takes to microwave some water is pretty nice. And if that's your goal, this is a pretty good buy.
However, if you're expecting massive chocolate flavor or a "gourmet" experience, these K-Cups are guaranteed to disappoint. Using two on the small setting might get you by, but that brings your cost per cup around a buck, which is pretty steep for what you're getting.
When I use coffee only, I only need to clean the nozzle once every 2 or 3 weeks. I think it's the different consistency of chocolate powder vs. ground coffee.
I own a Kuerig B40 at the office and a B77 at home, same problem.
There's nothing magical about this like with a coffee K-cup, it's just hot chocolate powder in the cup, no filter. You could forget the machine and just open the cup and mix it into hot water (or milk!) but that takes away the fun. It really tastes pretty good; I take a star off for coconut oil and all those weird additives in it. Inscrutably, it has 3 grams of fiber per cup, from inulin. Maybe to give it some body? Don't know, but it tastes fine.
Also, it never hurts to run a cupful of plain water (no K-cup) through the machine to clean the needle out after using one of these. That will help with the clogging.
In all, I like it, and usually save them for when I don't want caffeine.
One thing I don't like is having to follow the recommendation that you wash the brewer with a water brew afterwards. The sugar can clog the puncture slots. It's a hassle to have to do that afterwards.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome customer to buy the stuff you need fast response fast delivery and great prices and the right item every time give them a tryPublished 1 month ago by Krandall Johnson
Okay in taste, it's comparable the instant machines you'll find at the convenient store. It's better to select the small cup, otherwise it tastes a bit watery. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Lance B.
If you are Hot Cocoa drinker, and you love your Keurig, then I recommend this product. The best price I could find.Published on January 4, 2014 by LifeGirl
This Hot Cocoa has a great flavor. On a cool night or any time I enjoy a cup. When my Grandchildren visit this is what they ask for.Published on October 2, 2013 by Flossie
When I use the "instant", whether cocoa, or coffees, usually I cut open the K-cup and just pour the contents in a cup and then use the hot water. Read morePublished on September 13, 2013 by James R. McMahon