Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 4, 2017
Beware !!! Misleading advertising ! I am a satisfied customer of Dark Magic Decaf K-Cups. The pictured K-Cups led me to believe that there was a stronger blend. With that in mind, I ordered the Extra Bold. I received regular Dark Magic Decaf K-Cups...NOT the EXTRA BOLD as shown in their photo. Knowing this I could have ordered it from Amazon Prime and saved $7 dollars. I complained to the seller and this is what they told me:

"Thank you for your email. There are several issues that arise from this situation. Let us briefly explain.

Green Mountain/Keurig, the manufacturer of the Green Mountain Dark Magic Decaf brand K-Cups, likes to periodically and randomly change the graphical representation of their K-Cups...the blend, roast, amount of grounds, etc. never changes, but they redesign the lids of the K-Cups seemingly without any need to do so. This creates massive customer confusion, but they continue to redesign the lids nevertheless. Thus, the Green Mountain Dark Magic Decaf that Green Mountain sold 3 years ago and 2 years ago and last year and now are all exactly the same (in amount of grounds, the time that the beans spend roasting, etc.). Green Mountain has never sold any other type of the Green Mountain Dark Magic Decaf except for the one that they originally created and are still selling (BTW, you're welcome to confirm this with Green Mountain directly and/or do a Google image search to find the various graphical redesigns of this blend). This is one major issue.

The other major issue is that Amazon allows multiple sellers to submit different information to the same listing and an algorithm chooses which information to display on the site (no seller has any control over this). We have submitted the correct information through our account, but the algorithm may choose other sellers' submissions to display. We have also contacted Amazon to change the displayed information manually, but shortly after this is done, the algorithm brings up other sellers' information.

We know that this is a long explanation, but we wanted you to know what's actually happening in the background. All in all, there is only one type of Green Mountain Dark Magic Decaf (not a "Regular" one versus an "Extra Bold" one), as it has always been (Green Mountain doesn't make any other one).

Thus, all in all, you received the same "Green Mountain Dark Magic Decaf" that has always been made.

Thank you for your business. All the best,

Deals On Call Customer Service"
3 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2016
The only decaf k-cup that will give me 10 ounces of coffee flavor! Yes, that's true. If you could look at my order history here on Amazon, you'd know - I've tried them all. Dark Magic decaf is amazingly good and flavors the full 10 ounces plus easily accepts cream if you like it. I have to admit that I don't consider myself a coffee connoisseur, because I like to make coffee that tastes like dessert. I also have to drink decaf. But I do like that coffee flavor. I was despairing after I got my Keurig because none of the k-cups I purchased could give me 10 ounces and still taste like coffee. So I went down to 8 ounces and have a few favorites that are ok. Then I found Dark Magic decaf and my search was over. Try it!
2 people found this helpful
on July 16, 2017
Following a couple heart attacks last year my doctors insisted that I either give up coffee altogether or switch to decaf and limit myself to one or two cups a day. I purchased a k-cup brewer so I could make a cup at a time and began my search for a flavourful decaf coffee available in k-cups. Green Mountain Dark Magic was the second one I tried. It has fairly good flavour for the first few sips, but after that the flavour steadily weakens. By the bottom of the cup it basically tastes like warm water to me. That may, in part, be my 65-year-old taste buds .... but on the other hand I didn't need to drink decaf until I was older and that's probably true of most other decaf drinkers.
on March 30, 2018
I recently tried this after normally buying Caribou or Barista Prima brand decafs... I'm liking this brand better...and seem to be going through more of it during the day...so there lies the evidence. I won't attempt to desribe the taste other than to say it's good. Bold simply means that the cup contains more coffee than normal...
on May 13, 2017
I love my coffee bold, strong and I drink it black. This is the best decaf I have found. Most decafs a too mild. I don't want the caffeine but I want a full bodied cup of coffee.
This is my go to decaf. If you like Black Tiger - a full bodied regular coffee - you should like this decaf.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is one of my favorite k cups. I only drink decaf coffee, sometimes though I want a coffee that has a stronger richer taste. When I do dark magic is the coffee I gravitate to. I have some family members who now drink dark magic (caffeinated) after trying the decaf. They tell me the taste is pretty much the same all your missing is the "Buzz". At first when I got dark magic decaf in a sampler I avoided it thinking it would be one of those bitter varieties. It's not it actually has a smooth taste. I have drank it with and without creamer and have even used flavoring syrups with it. So it works well with a variety of options.
3 people found this helpful
on November 25, 2016
Blah. Not as good as the regular version. I was hoping for a strong Decafe and I have the sads, because it's not that enjoyable.

😏My hope for the future- that these companies can offer an exchange program or offer small trial sizes to taste prior of a big purchase.

If anyone wants to try it let me know and I'll send it to.
on July 9, 2016
My husband likes dark, bold coffee. These dark magic decaf k cups fit the bill perfectly. We use large coffee mugs and these make a strong enough cup of coffee that he does not need to use two pods for a cup.
Coffee has a tendency to irritate his stomach and so far this coffee has not bothered him at all .
I have not been able to find this same brand and style at a regular store but Amazon's price is comparable or better than grocery store prices on K Cups anyway as well as being more convenient.
I will definitely be buying these again!
on May 25, 2014
I purchased these to get me through the withdrawal during my pregnancy but ended up abandoning them. I'm not sure whether it is because these are decaf for Keurig or whether they are just mediocre but I have had decaf brewed at actual coffee shops that tasted much better. Upon brewing, this smells a little foul and leaves a grainy trail on my coffee cup which is rather disturbing. I found that it was effective for me for my pregnancy because after taking a few sips, it turned me off drinking the cup altogether and I ended up quitting coffee. I've tried adding milk and cream to make it as blond as possible but unfortunately, they did not help mask the odd bitterness.

So I now have a box full of these decaf cups that I don't really want to drink. I guess if you must drink decaf, these are not terrible to try but they were disappointing for me.
on October 1, 2014
After trying nearly every other decaf coffee on the market, I've settled on this one -- it's still not as strong as I like, but I run the K-cup thru twice on "small" and get a decent cup of coffee.
8 people found this helpful