Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Green Smoothie Magic - 132+ Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes That Trim And Slim Paperback – November 14, 2012
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Gabrielle Raiz is an author, a keen foodie and health-loving educator who perhaps surprisingly started her working life as a dentist. She has a knack for making things practical and understandable and has a flexible approach to her food and her yoga.
Gabrielle has recently expanded her food writing to publish 2 top selling books "Green Smoothie Magic" and "132+ Delicious Salads, Dressings and Dips". All of her recipes are fuss-free adaptable recipes which most importantly use easy to find ingredients that anyone can make. Some embody beautiful simplicity of 1 or 2 ingredients while others are marvellously complex, but never hard to make!
Gabrielle's talent as an author was crystallized through much online writing and of course with the publishing of her highly successful first book: "Hot Yoga MasterClass" (which is now finally, recently available on Amazon).
Her hallmark style has an easy, intelligent and conversational tone with a touch of humor!
In both her currently chosen fields (!) of nutrition and yoga she has built a solid reputation for creating products of beauty and above all, quality. "What you eat and how you move are 2 fields in which being mindful and present are vital", Gabrielle says. "I love that I help people do both!"
As the "Hot Yoga Doctor" she helps tens of thousands of people every month in every corner of the planet improve their yoga practices by demystifying all things yoga, hot yoga and Bikram Yoga™.
Something you may not know about Gabrielle (and rather unusual for a yoga instructor) is that she used to race motorcycles! But as she's been known to say "the last time I rode a motorbike was to go and buy a pregnancy testing kit". Her daughter is now 10!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PS: Hope this review helped you decide!
2) I only knew Ice berg lettuce, Romaine lettuce, watercress, collard greens, Fenugreek leaves, spinach, mint, basil, bok choy, parsley, and cilantro. This book has opened up a new list of greens that I never knew existed. There's a green called ROCKET that is supposed to be spicy!! Well, good to know. I want to try that.
3) There's a list of super-foods she tells you about. That's lovely.
4) She explains the reasoning behind the way she created smoothie recipes. She gives a lot of real life example based on her experience with her sister, daughter, and friends. I can relate to that. If a nine year old can drink green looking stuff from the blender and enjoy it, then I am pretty sure I can do it too.
5) I am a slow kind of guy, so I took my leisure time to browse through the whole book before getting to the recipes.
6) Compared to the PHD book, I've been able to use this with relative ease and will be making my smoothies as early as tomorrow morning considering that I just bought this book last night and read through it.
7) Not many people take the time to sit down and explain in such detail about why drinking smoothies is important for us. I am trying never to get back to meat and replace my milk consumption with nutritious smoothies. I have seen horrible ways cows are treated on You Tube, the way calves are treated and man I have given up chocolates and struggling to get milk out of the system. Smoothies may just ease the transition and the plus side is I will keep my hair on my head and enjoy a fabulous and wrinkle free skin.
8) The author writes with a lot of love and care. She is very nurturing and I liked that fact very much.
9) Do yourself and your family a favor and spend the measly $4 something on this book. It may just change your health in the long term.
To the author: Big Big Big Texas style hugs from a big papa kind of guy! You go gal!! More power to you and God Bless for writing us this book.
The first 89 pages of this are actually background information about making smoothies, and I learned so much from reading it. Raiz encourages you to add 2 cups of greens to every smoothie you make, and she explains why and how to create variety in the types of greens you use. Especially helpful were lists of mild greens, medium greens, and strong greens so you know why certain greens will work in a smoothie, while others might be overpowering.
Also interesting is that she has you start with making your own nut milk by adding water and nuts to the blender and blending, before you add the other ingredients. I love this idea since it helps keep the focus on whole foods (as opposed to purchased nut milks, which contain other ingredients).
She also doesn't use any special "superfoods" (like maca, lacuma, etc.) to keep the recipes simple and accessible, but does say that you can add them in. I really like this since all of those superfoods can really add up.
Just so you know, it looks as if this book is self-published, but the quality is very nice, and the pages are thick. The print is also dark and easy to read.
I've only made a few recipes from this so far, but everything has been great! This is definitely a book that will get you out of your box in order to make tasty, healthy treats!
There is also a fair amount of "why" background so that I understood why this was better for me. The text was in good and simple language, with clear explanations of what we should eat (or drink) and why. But it didn't go overboard and was not preachy.
Now that we have been doing this for a few months, we don't look at the recipe book often, but we still go back to it to find something new, or to add a superfood to our repertoire.
This is the "green smoothie" recipe book I would recommend for those just starting out and who need some additions to their menu.