Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Toys School Bus
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on November 5, 2011
We love Green Toys products. So durable, love that they're made in the USA. The tugboat in particular is a big hit at bathtime. I've been eyeing the various trucks they offer and have been hesitant to purchase any since they really don't roll well on anything but carpet. My 15 month old has played with the dump truck, recycling truck and firetruck at the local bookstore and while he seems excited about them I can see him getting frustrated that they don't roll well on hardwood. He just pushes them along and they slide so he winds up carrying or dragging them. Like a previous reviewer mentioned, the Green Toys school bus rolls really well!! I was very happy to discover this and finally bought a Green Toys truck for my son. He hasn't played with it yet but I know it will be well-loved as he loves all things transportation and vehicles and loves watching the school buses go by our house. I'm thrilled that Green Toys improved the wheels!!! It rolls great on tile and laminate. Just like it should.
on October 30, 2011
We love the Green Toys trucks, but the school bus is really really extra fantastic. It's made in USA and recycled, but most of all it rolls really well. The opening fits all the little characters we have already around our house. Highly recommended!!
on December 2, 2014
When my two year old first saw this toy, he got so excited. So I opened it for him and he was like "wow," and that was the last time he played with it. The bus is very nicely made and it looks nice, but the darn thing does not roll. We took it outside on the concrete and when you push it, it just goes to the side. Same thing with the tiles on my floor. This is a major flaw. What's the point of having a bus/truck if it doesn't even roll!

I had also purchased some Battat Trucks. I highly recommend these over the Green Toys because the wheels actually work! My son won't even touch the bus, but he'll play with the Battat Trucks. Plus they come with characters for the same price.
on August 9, 2013
I bought this for my grand-son and it is by far his favorite toy. He drags it outside, sits on it, it's fallen down the stairs and after 8 months of rough and tumble playing - looks as good as new. I've since bought him other products by Green Toys and they are equally durable (he just likes this one best!)
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The first lunch box I owned as a child was a Walt Disney school bus with Mickey Mouse and all his friends hanging out of the windows. I once saw a miniature replica of it in a Hallmark store and should've bought it. This adorable, nostalgic Green Toys School Bus reminded me of that Walt Disney lunchbox; it brought tears to my eyes. (How I long for the seventies.) The inside of the toy is made to resemble the interior of a real bus. Small hands can reach inside from the open top and sit tiny dolls on the five seats: 4 seats for passengers and one for the driver. (There are also a rear bench, rear exit door, steering wheel and dashboard--all are molded plastic.) When pushed, the bus rolls very easily over hardwood floors and carpet. Surprisingly enough, it rolls faster over the carpet.

Made from recycled materials, the bus is safe for the environment; however, most importantly, it is safe for children. It is made entirely of strong, durable, lightweight plastic. I couldn't find any metal or glass that could rust or break. Also, I ran my hands over its entire surface and the edges are all relatively smooth. You won't have to worry about your child being hurt with it. Also, there are not any stickers or cheap paint that could be chewed off and swallowed. In fact, the bus is safe enough to put in the dishwasher. The recycled, cardboard box in which it arrived didn't say which part of the dishwasher. I would probably put it in the top rack. If it is suitable for a dishwasher, it is safe enough to allow a child to play with in the bathtub or to sleep with in bed.

In this day and age when everyone is suing, operators of daycare centers and nurseries don't have to worry about frivolous lawsuits if they own Green Toys. They are safe and durable. I took my Green Toys School Bus to my church's nursery and, for one hour, watched the toddlers play with it. One small boy kept putting alphabet blocks inside and pushing it around the room. I felt bad not being able to donate the bus to the church, but I didn't have the heart to part with it. (It reminds me too much of my first lunchbox in kindergarten--the one that is slightly dented and rusted despite me taking great pains with trying to keep it from becoming damaged.) I highly recommend the bus and other products in the Green Toys line be purchased by owners/operators of daycares and nurseries. Because they are safe and durable, they are meant to be played with by a large number of children. The peace of mind they provide to adults is worth the high price.

A parent who discovers their child has outgrown their Green Toys School Bus may wish to donate it to a goodwill store, their local church's nursery or a daycare center. If they, like me, don't have the heart to part with it, they can always use it as an adorable, nostalgic caddy for holding keys, magnifying glasses, cell phones, remote controls, reading glasses and other items that have a tendency to become lost in one's cluttered, busy home. Furthermore, after looking at some of the other Green Toys products, I've decided to purchase the Green Toys Pink Race Car (Green Toys Race Car-Pink) for a fellow coworker who is losing her job at the end of September. She loves everything that is pink, especially shoes, mugs and cartoon characters, and she drives a sports car convertible. It will be the perfect gift for her. At least she won't have to worry about her pet Chihuahua, Dino, becoming injured or poisoned if he decides to attack and chew on it. These Green Toys make perfect gifts for children and adults who have fond memories of their childhoods.

Joseph B. Hoyos
on August 3, 2015
So far, we're liking the Green Toys products so we got this one along with our other Green Toys.

It's nice, sturdy, and rolls well. The opening is large enough to fit miscellaneous sizes of figures including Lego, Duplo, and small Peppa Pig figures. Some of them can even sit down on the seats, but some of the rounder characters (I'm looking at you, Daddy Pig!) will have to stand by the driver's seat.

Great toy overall
on February 11, 2014
Is a toy still considered "green" if it gets tossed in the recycle bin after owning it for a month? The favorite thing for my son and nephew (both 2-years old) to do in my house is push/race their toy trucks arround on the hardwood floors -- the hard-plastic wheels on this bus stink for this because they refuse to roll and slide instead. It might be a decent toy to bury in the sandbox or sink to the bottom of the pool, but it's not a good house toy. FYI...the firetruck from this company has the same issue with the wheels.
on August 14, 2013
I bought this for my son's 2nd birthday. I've been wanting to get some of the green toys and when I saw the bus I knew this was the one to start with. It goes along well with one of his favorite books Pete the Cat and since we have a Pete doll it was perfect to fit him into the bus! We also enjoy watching the buses go by our house so he really connected with this b/c of those reasons. There are no bells and whistles on it (doors don't even open) but that's what makes it even more durable AND able to go in his crib with him at naptime where he hugged it like a stuffed animal. :-)
on February 23, 2015
It's everything we expected a Green Toys product to be: Bright colors, solid construction, and immediately appealing to kids.

We added this bus to our growing collection of Green Toys, and it fits right in. It has the same aesthetic as the other larger wheeled Green Toys (e.g., the dump truck). It's big, bulky (in a way that makes it solid and easily maneuvered), and sturdy. No metal, so no worries of rust or corrosion if it's left outside, played with in the bath, or victim to a spilled drink (which happens, our son has learned, when trying to balance a glass of water on it while rolling it across the floor…).

These toys clean up really easily, too. If we had a dishwasher, we'd feel comfortable throwing it in there--it's plastic and sturdy. We don't, so we wipe up spills with a dishrag, and that works, too.

Recycled content--the product and the packaging--made in the USA--a unique, fun toy!
on April 28, 2016
We are on our second Green Toys School Bus. The other lasted about 3 years in the hands of little boy who, unfortunately, LOVES to crash cars. It held up to years of rough play and a cross-country move, but it was definitely loved -- so we replaced it when the wheel broke off and was irreparable.

Durable, dishwasher safe and fun indoors or out. We'd buy this - or any Green Toys product - again.