Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 17, 2015
This particular rocket is great. The top detaches as a lander/mini rocket and my 3 year old son loves putting other things there and in the rocket.

In general, I freaking love Green Toys. They aren't the cheapest out there, but they shouldn't be either. I'd rather get my kid one good Green Toy than 2 or 3 crappy Chinese toys laced with who-knows-what kind of heavy metals and shortcuts they take and put in their paint/plastic.

Pros:
-High quality molds. You don't see the seams (you know those places in plastic toys where the molds clamp together).
-Texture is very nice. Think milk jugs (duh, cause they're made from them)
-They are durable and have few breakable parts
-My kids love them
-Made in 'Murica!
-Since they're made from recycled milk jugs, you don't have to worry about what's in the material. Not to beat a dead horse, but the Chinese put anything in everything and that's how they make things for so cheap, ship them halfway around the world, and can still make a profit.
-Packaging material could even teach Amazon's "Frustration Free" packaging a lesson

Cons:
-A little pricey

Overall though, these are legacy toys that your kids can give to their kids. We have 4 kids, and a bunch of toys. Many of these cheap toys will be given away, many more will break and/or be thrown away because they're flimsy, ugly, annoying, and questionably safe. Green Toys are simple and durable and should last a long time.
2 people found this helpful
on December 23, 2017
Green toys are great! This rocket is especially fun since the top part will separate somewhat like a lunar module. Green toys can be washed in the dishwasher somare great for indoor-outdoor combo play. Highly recommend all green toys - this rocket ship, the ferry boat, and the train are 3 of my favorites but you really can't go wrong with any green toys. Another great feature is there is no metal connecting wheels so they can get wet and not rust.
on December 2, 2014
We have bought 4 Green Toys & I really like the brand & their ethos. Toys are bright, sturdy & generally well thought out. We bought the rocket a year ago for my son & even at 18 months he was able to open the doors & put the men inside. The figures are a great size & shape for little toddler hands. Now 2 yrs old he once spend about an hr moving the men from one in each part of the rocket to both in each part, opening & closing the doors & taking off the top. The top of the rocket detaches with an easy twist & has little boosters details on the bottom. Overall the attention to detail on these is lovely & encourages imaginative play. I definitely think this will be a durable toy in terms of the quality & the scope for play. And his 3 year old cousin liked it too because it's a rocket & rockets are inherently cool.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Green Toys are just awesome. This one is no exception.

Consistent with the design aesthetic of the other Green Toys, the plastic is smooth, the form is simple, and the product is sturdy. This line is made of recycled plastic - a great environmental ethic from this company, which also includes its simple, recycled packaging - and it's a sturdy, solid plastic.

There aren't a lot of different colors with these toys - this rocketship and astronauts are blue and red and that's it! But that's part of their simple charm, too.

No metal, so no worries about rusting if this gets left outside, or played with in the bath or sink. Really easy to clean, too.

Over the last two years, we've bought most of the entire line of Green Toys (Amazon has some great sales) and have never been disappointed. These have become our go-to gift lately, too.
on January 5, 2018
I love green toys. I love the brand! I haven’t been able to find many space related toys for my son who’s 2 1/2. I bought this because we have other green toys that he enjoys. I’m so glad I did because this has become one of his favorites. He loves pretending to blast off.
on January 3, 2014
We have several of the Green Toys line, but I think this is my favorite. I have searched for the "perfect" rocket for years for my son, who has remained obsessed. Many other rockets I found were either very small, or more like a rocket play set. Those are great, but we really wanted something that could be flown around in a little hand.

This rocket is perfect in its simplicity. It comes with two little molded astronauts (red and blue). There are two doors, one on the bottom, and the other in the top pod, WHICH DETACHES for the landing party. How cool is that? The rocket is sturdy but also light enough to "fly" in one hand. My son got it for Christmas and it was the hit of the day.

Another cool thing to note: this listing actually has a red rocket with blue detail, but Green Toys also makes the same rocket with colors reversed. My daughter received the opposite color pattern (from a different store) which was a happy accident. Great way to distinguish if you need two. :)

My kids play together happily. Worth every penny.
on February 2, 2014
My son is 5 years old and he really wanted a rocket. I had a hard time finding the perfect rocket. The ones I saw were either the ones that actually fly (which is not what he or I wanted) or they looked for very young kids. While this is recommended for ages 2 and up, I am glad I went with it because he loves it! It is simple enough, but the top part detaches, which is something he really likes, the door opens, and it has 2 astronauts. He likes to do the blast off making it shake with the astronauts inside, and then detaching the top. I also really like that this toy is made in the U.S.A., since I try to avoid toys made in China. Hope this helps.
on May 16, 2017
Really cute toy.
I bought it for my 4 year old son, but my 1 year old plays with it more. She loves putting the people in and closing the doors, then taking them out, and repeat.
2 people found this helpful
on June 7, 2014
I like Green Toys products, they are high quality, sturdy toys. I bought this for my 2 year old and he likes it well enough. It doesn't do much.....and the colors are kind of boring. I really wish the astronauts were different colors, they blend in with the ship, especially when sitting inside. I think the lack of detail would keep this from appealing to older children and unfortunately it requires more imagination than my 2 year old is willing to spend on it at this time. He mostly plays with the astronauts and puts them it other toys.
on January 4, 2018
My 3 year old opened this for his birthday 3 hours ago and hasn't put it down since. I could've gotten just this and nothing else. I LOVE that it doesn't need batteries, doesn't make sound, and completely utilizes children's ability to make believe.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.