Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Toys DIN01R Cookware and Dining Set
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

on November 21, 2008
This set of dishes and cookware is fantastic!! It is a little more expensive than others out there, but they are made in the USA and made from 100% recycled milk jugs! I think that our planet is worth it. This set is really durable as well. I purchased this for my 3 year old son who loves to "cook". My daughters had other dishes and cookware that I decided to get rid of because it just didn't hold up well. This set is made in gender-neutral colors, so it is great for boys or girls. The stockpot and skillet are decent sized (skillet is about 5-5.5" in diameter and the stockpot about 4-4.5"), unlike many play cookware out there. They work well with the play food we have. The dishes are about 5.5-6" in diameter and the bowls are about the same size as the stockpot (4"). The cups are about 2" in diameter. The packaging is made from recycled materials as well, and it wasn't hard to get the product out. Green Toys makes 4 different sets (tea set, gardening set, and sand set as well). I hope they start making more toys because these are excellent! They are fun, durable, great for imaginative play, and teach our kids a little bit about recycling, not to mention very cute!
44 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2011
I agree with the other review by Jerones. This set is NOT a combination of the dish set and the chef set. It has all of the dish set but only the pot and pan from the chef set, so there are no utensils for cooking. I don't know why Green Toys make it this way. If I were buying again I would get the two separate sets because if I buy separately (dish set and the chef set), it cost almost the same and kids can have the utensils for cooking. Without utensils, it just doesn't make sense for kids to cook. Green Toys should rethink about this. Other than that, I like it a lot. They are made in the USA and made from 100% recycled milk jugs and very durable.
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2011
I mistakenly thought this set was a combination of the dish set and the chef set but it's not. It has all of the dish set but only the pot and pan from the chef set, so there are no utensils for cooking. If I were buying again I would get the two seperate sets. The pieces are all quite small (especially the flatware) and the forks are bizarre looking in that they have 5 prongs. They also have sharper corners than I feel comfortable given to my daughter - who is under the age recommendation, I should add.

Of course, I love that this is made out of recycled plastic and I will be looking for Green Toys in the future. However, I only gave 3 stars because it is expensive and if it weren't made out of recycled plastic I really don't think it would have all these 5 star reviews because it is not that great. So it gets a "could try harder" grade. I am still glad I bought it, but only for the green factor.
on September 24, 2012
I have to be honest when I got this set in the mail I realized that the set is not as complete as you would immediately think. I thought it was a combo on the dish set and chef set it is not! The set does not include the spatula and ladle (they are not included in the product description, it just didn't register in my brain). Which is quite simply, SILLY! I called the company, however, to let them know that I was surprised to discover this and that they ought to either sell them separately or better yet include it. With no need for explanation the woman I spoke with said she would send out the missing pieces. I thanked her but did point out that they weren't missing from my box but rather were not supposed to be included but I hadn't realized that when purchasing. She said "no problem, I will still send them out anyway because you expected them." I was very pleasantly surprised! I will be back to post if they came and if there were any surprise charges but so far I am very happy with Green Toys Customer Service. By the way, I am also thrilled that we have a great quality item available that is on so many levels good, for our Economy, Society and Environment!!!!!!!!! US Made is too rare, so thanks for these toys!!!!

UPDATE: The spatula and ladle arrived, at no charge, just 5 days after contacting the company! So pleased!!
on January 17, 2010
We purchased this set for our 3 & 4 year old daughters this Xmas. We love Green Toys as it is durable, eco friendly, and made in the USA. My girls tore through the box to get to the present, while I noticed the rubber band that held all the utensils together was a bit loose, it wasn't until my daughters were playing and putting the plate setting on the table did we realize that it was missing a fork a couple of days after. By that time, my husband already tossed out the box and the recyling truck already picked up the trash. I didn't think I could return it since the box was missing and the girls wouldn't let me return it since they enjoyed playing and couldn't part with it. I decided to call Amazon a few days later just to let them know about the packaging issue for their reference. Without any fuss or further questioning, Amazon offered either a 10% discount credit to my purchase for this item or they would send a replacement for free and I did not have to return the incomplete set back. This gives me a lot of confidence in purchasing from Amazon and bravo for having great customer service! We love the fact the colors are gender neutral and all the girls and boys who come to play dates since enjoyed playing with them.
on April 20, 2015
Excellent sturdy and strong toys! I wish all toys were made of this green recycled material! It is not the flimsy cheap plastic chemical laced dishes you see in the store . It is safe for your kids to play with and will last for years! Love them ! They make cars, trucks and other wonderful toys in the same line! Highly recommend !
on May 9, 2009
This cookware/dinnerware set is by far the best that I've found on the market. Since I also purchased the tea set, I do wish that the cups in this set were a little different than the ones sold with the tea set. Now we have 8 cups exactly the same.
on June 13, 2009
I have three children & run an in home daycare. This toy dining set is the best I have ever had. It's very durable and can stand up to really being used and never show a mark. I love it so much I am going to buy a second set so we have more to play with.
on July 9, 2016
I found these by looking at the Environmental Working Group's website for non-toxic toys. My daughter just bought my grandson a new play kitchen and I wanted to purchase some dishes for him to use that are non-toxic. He LOVES these, the are the perfect size and I am so glad I got the non-toxic kind as when he pretends to eat he always puts the forks/spoons in his mouth! These are well made, substantial and nice to look at. Very pleased with this purchase, well work the money.
on June 27, 2008
This is a great set. Not only is it eco friendly and made in the USA(if I remember right) it really is extremely durable and safe to use with real food. My girls love it and this set will get lots of love for a long time! Hope to see more from this company in the future!