Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 29, 2016
I bought this tractor for my son's Easter basket along with a book called "Farmer John's Tractor" by Sally Sutton. One of the lines that is repeated throughout the book is "rusty, yet trusty, and orangey-red". The book is fun and this chunky, little orange tractor goes well with it. My son is in love with tractors right now, and this toy has been a big hit! We love that Green Toys are made out of recycled plastic - so they are better for the environment. Our experience with the brand (we now have 10 of their toys) is that they are very sturdy and well made. They can totally take all of the abuse our 1 and 3 year olds can dish out - hauling sand in the sandbox, rocks in the garden, or being chunked across the yard by our youngest. The only thing I would mention is that the trailer does not want to stay hitched with the tractor. We found a pretty simple fix - by winding a twisty-tie around the trailer and tractor hitches, we were able to make them stay together securely. I've uploaded some pictures for reference, if anyone else has the same problem and wants a fix. Highly recommend this tractor!
review image review image review image review image
Enthusiast: Knittingon June 13, 2014
We're a big fan of the Green Toys dump truck, so I thought I'd purchase this one for my son to use in conjunction with his gardening tools.

I really love this item because it is SO EASY to wash-- even after a long day in the dirt, all we have to do is throw it in the dishwasher and it comes out looking brand new. It's like magic. I wish all his toys were this low-maintenance!

My 14-month-old really enjoys pushing around the tractor, but he doesn't use the cart portion at all because it falls off so easily. It really does need to be fastened better. This is the only reason for the 4 stars-- if the hook was better, this would be a solid 5 stars.
on August 16, 2016
My son loves this toy. I knocked a star off for the little bucket on the back. It never wants to stay in place. They made it to where it is a little hook that goes under and through the hole instead of down into it so it falls out all the time. That is more of an annoyance on my part as I always have to pick it up and put it back wherever my son thinks to go.
on April 27, 2016
I just can't say enough about ALL of the Green Toys products and this tractor is no exception. The quality of their products which come from recycled milk containers and recycled plastic bags is absolutely incredible! To be quite honest, we were not looking for Eco-friendly toys, but rather durable toys that would stand the test of time. Green Toys offers the best of both worlds; a quality durable product with the advantages of a completely Eco-friendly product (yes, the packaging is Eco-friendly as well) AND a decent price! We currently have numerous Green Toys products which include the following; tea set, stove top, flying disc, gardening set, school bus, dump trucks, fire truck, garbage truck, seaplane, helicopter, ferry boat, and cement mixer! Our children are not easy on toys and Green Toys durability has surpassed other "name brand' products we have owned. Considering these toys are all produced from the recycled materials stated above, just makes these toys that much more amazing! On another note, Green Toys are made in USA!
on January 3, 2014
I love the ethos behind Green Toys and their use of recycled plastic and simple, recyclable packaging. I've had some mixed results with some of their other toys - their tugboat has been an outstanding and often-used bath toy, while their dump truck had several issues with its wheels that made it less fun to use. This one seemed promising enough that I thought I'd give it a go for my 1.5-year-old son.

So far, its been very good. The wheels are hard/smooth plastic, but have rolled well and smoothly on both hard floors and rugs. It's a good size - big enough to feel substantial, but approachable and not a pain to have around or store. The seat is only decorative - it's very shallow, so nothing will be able to sit or remain in it. The color is great. The plastic is light in weight but pliable enough that it it doesn't seem fragile. This is not the steel tractor that can be severely beaten, but is good for general use.

As others have mentioned, the trailer does come unhooked from the tractor very easily, and is easy for an adult to reattach but awkward for a little one. Both of my kids have trouble reattaching it. On the upside, it's easy to fix. I connected the two with a twist tie, which allows everything to stay in place and roll around together without separation. That doesn't allow for easy removal, but as the trailer is pretty useless by itself, that probably isn't an issue.

Noe that the color in the photo is a little misleading - the orange is correct, but the parts that appear to be light gray in the photo are actually a very dark gray, nearly black - like a car tire. I think the real thing looks nicer than the photo.
on May 13, 2016
Bought this two months ago and my son still plays with it almost every day! He's a typical 3 1/2 year old, loves any kind of vehicles and plays hard. He loves piling things into the trailer, driving it and the tractor around, even attaches the trailer to another truck he found that it fits on. He has no problem connecting and disconnecting the trailer from the tractor like some other reviewers have mentioned, and both pieces are just as sturdy and well-made as any other Green Toys we have. It mostly stays inside, but I love how I can throw it in the dishwasher if it does get driven through the mud. The only thing I might change is the driver's seat ... it's pretty much impossible for any doll, stuffed animal or other toy to stay seated. My daughter plays with the tractor occasionally but she always wants to put one of her Little People or another small doll or toy in the seat and it just doesn't work. That said, it hasn't really been a problem for us because it means she won't try to steal it from her brother! :)
on November 16, 2015
I love the different vehicle sets you have, but I will say this one is the most frustrating as the two pieces do not stay together very well. It is still fun to play with, but aggravating when it separates so easily. Hopefully, you can fix this issue.
on April 27, 2017
Got his for my 2.5 year old son's Easter Basket. He LOVES anything with wheels and of course loved this tractor. He doesn't care much for the trailer attachment but I"m sure that might change as he gets older.
We Love green toys..already have the ferry boat bath toy and airplane bath toy and both get lots of use.
on February 3, 2016
This tractor was a hit with our two-year-old grandson. He loves to use it with his barn and animals. The only problem is that the trailer and tractor separate easily and he can't get them hooked back together by himself. After reading other reviews, our daughter connected them with a twist-tie. This works fine, and he has had lots of fun with this toy.
on March 29, 2016
I love Green Toys, and my boys love them. These are the most durable and well constructed plastic toys ever! These are no doubt better than most Tonka trucks made today. I put them in the same class as the Tonka toys made 30 years ago when I was a child. I have twin boys ( currently 4.5) and they are ROUGH on their toys. We have 7 different toys made by Green Toys and they are all great! I am very hard to please and I do not give 5 stars very often, but I do not hesitate to give this or any Green Toy that I have bought 5 stars!

They are also my boys favorite toys. When they are playing their go to toys are any of the Green Toys they have.We had to buy this as we bought another one for a friends child for there birthday and my boys ( and all the others too) loved this tractor.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.