Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 62% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Robust 10 Amp motor delivers comparable power to gas powered dethatcher without the hassle
- 14" dethatching path gets your work done faster
- 3-position tine depth adjustment provides greater control by removing matted layers to promote continued lawn health
- Stainless steel tines stay sharp longer for reliable performance, also includes full set of replacement tines for a total of 36 tines.
- Ergonomic, padded grip and adjustable handle for user comfort
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
|Package Height||12.09 x 18.11 x 25.71 inches|
|Shipping Weight||30.4 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Super buy||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||18 x 25.3 x 12.5 in||23 x 21 x 41 in||8.3 x 17.7 x 49.6 in||24.75 x 29.5 x 55.5 in||13 x 42 x 13 in||41 x 40 x 41 in|
- 3-position tine depth adjustment provides greater control by removing matted layers to promote continued healthy lawn growth
- Cord lock holds extension cord securely in place
- Ergonomic, padded grip and bale switch for added comfort and control
- Includes full set of replacement tines
- Stainless steel tines stay sharp longer for reliable performance
From the Manufacturer
The GreenWorks products that you purchase have a ZERO carbon footprint. We'll say that again - our entire product line will never release an ounce of carbon emission into the air. 4 Year Warranty - Double The Industry Standard. When looking for lawn tools, we know you're thinking about quality. You're looking for something that will get the job done and get you back to your weekend. That's why GreenWorks backs every tool with a full four-year warranty - we know our products will perform at the highest level and always be reliable. GreenWorks high quality products are manufactured to last. That's why we back every product with a warranty that's twice the industry standard. We'll provide all the power you need without polluting the air or forcing you to keep hauling your gas can to the nearest station (especially in the middle of a mow). No more tune-ups or maintenance. No more emissions. Fifty-four million Americans mow their lawns every weekend, according to the EPA, using 800 million gallons of gas each year. Along the way, homeowners spill more than 17 million gallons of gas while refueling. That's equivalent to the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster. It's time to move beyond clumsy, harmful gas-powered mowers. It's time for GreenWorks to be your lawn tools for life.
Top customer reviews
If you have ever tried to rake out the thatch with a metal rake, you know that it is a back-breaking affair (if you are doing it right). Heck, you'd have to pay a college kid for 10+ hours to de-thatch the yard area that I just cleared in well under an hour. Multiply this cost times the # of uses you'll get out of it over the years (including friends/family yards if you're a nice guy), and it's a no-brainer. It really does a fine job of removing the thatch, and not tearing up your existing grass either (it does pull up "some" but not enough to worry about). It feels like you are "vacuuming" your yard, that's how easy it is to use this thing (it's self-propelling, just don't stop or dig in anywhere too deep).
Also, I was going to overseed this spring, and if you watch how much you are pressing down into the grass, you can just scratch the top layer of dirt (especially in bare areas), so after you rake up the thatch, apply some fertilizer (with no weed killer obviously) then just spread the grass seed & water!! This will very lightly graze the surface (more so if you press down & dig in, ie on bare areas etc). No need to spend hours raking the topsoil...I mean, you could spend hours raking the top soil, and it would probably do a slightly better job, but do you really have hours to spend raking top soil? I just ran this machine, raked up the loose thatch, & threw down the seed in a few hours...if I had waited for when I had time to do a full weekend of raking, I would have missed the spring rains that are about to hit (to help the seeds). Throwing a big bag of grass seed down after using this to clear the thatch just makes sense depending on the condition of your yard. I'll try to post a photo in a month or two to see how much this helped.
I uploaded a before/after pic, & here are some (hopefully helpful) tips:
1. You MUST use a proper extension cord plugged into an adequate outlet. All the complaints on here about "over-heating" are from people that didn't follow the SPECIFIC instructions about cord gauge (or using an outdated outlet on an old garage etc). The instructions say that the machine WILL overheat if you aren't supplying the proper electricity.
2. The instructions say that you aren't supposed to use this on hills over 15 degrees. I was able to use it on a steeper hill just fine (the machine basically propels itself up the hill). This is a tool and just like any other tool, you can use as needed once you understand how it works. Just going "up & down" the hill (not sideways) worked for me. Basically, don't dig in too long or deep at any time, just pay a bit more attention while on a hill is all.
3. The little "kick plate" on the backside of the machine kept getting forced off the holding screws by a mass of thatch. So, I just left it off, works fine (better actually). Sure, if you run over some rocks they might get spit backwards at your feet, but hopefully you aren't wearing flip flops:)
4. The machine will effectively "mow" your grass at the height of the spinning tines. If you are over-seeding, you are supposed to mow the grass as short as possible anyways, so that you don't have to mow for as long as possible to let the new grass grow in. This is perfect for that...the grass is basically cut short and the top layer of soil is very lightly agitated, which, saves you another hour or three from having to manually rake to loosen the soil. At least that's how it worked for my beat up yard, if you have picture perfect dense grass, you may not get this benefit, not sure...is the dirt "perfectly" loosened up by the machine? Probably not, but it's definitely better than the time I had available (none) to do it perfectly by rake (while at the same time, addressing the main thatch problem...a big bag of grass seed isn't that expensive, just throw it on when done with some fertilizer)
5. The instructions say to start off with the height of the tines at the highest level, and then as they wear down, lower them (which makes sense). Also, the machine ships with an entire bag of replacement tines, which is really a nice touch. Another reviewer said to use the "high" level on the hills, and the "low" setting on flat ground to dig in more, your call...
6. Instructions say not to have kids or dogs within 50? Man, the silly things companies have to say these days to protect themselves from lawsuits. My dog would be upset if I left him inside for a day of yard work...
Click "Yes" if this was helpful, "No" if not! Enjoy!
OMG were we right with this purchase. In one day we got out money's worth. We used it and 2 of our neighbors used it. In our yard which we did a light dethatch last year with rack, prior to that I doubt the previous owner did much. This tool was able to pick up years and years of dead grass. I feel like the aerating and seeding was much more useful this year by getting rid of all of this.
The tool is easy to use. I assembled in about 5 minutes and both my husband and I were able to easily use the product (Add in I am 5 months pregnant) It is light weight. The slower you go the more efficient it gets with getting all the old stuff that is built up. It will not tear up good grass. You can adjust height like a lawn mower to use to your liking. Best yard product we have ever ever ever ever part. Worth every penny!
Most recent customer reviews
So easy to use and does a better job than my hand held Thatcher!
My lawn is finally looking amazing!