- Age Range: 8 and up
- Series: Greenberg's Repair and Operating Manuals
- Paperback: 752 pages
- Publisher: Kalmbach Publishing Company; 7th edition (May 1, 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0897784553
- ISBN-13: 978-0897784559
- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 6 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (113 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #127,810 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Greenberg's Repair and Operating Manual for Lionel Trains, 1945-1969: 1945-1969 (Greenberg's Repair and Operating Manuals) Paperback – May 1, 1998
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It is the postwar Lionel bible with exploded views,wiring schematics,part numbers, and repair tips. Yes, you will need reading glasses the print is extra small.
Here is the Low Down on The Book:
1) Reproduced Original diagrams, operating instructions and repair instructions for just about every Lionel Train and Accessory during the period listed.
2) Part Numbers are clearly listed to make internet searches easier.
3) Easy to read index to find the model you are looking for.
4) Tracking down and purchasing the material would cost much more than the price of this book.
You will find yourself either carrying this book around or opening it each time you work on your train set. This is a book of basically original reproductions of Lionel material, so remember they will be dated and not as user friendly as material produced today.
This is a must have for your bookshelf if you are seriously considering repairing or maintaining your collection.
Here is a link to Maintenance DVD that I purchases and reviewed:
Maintenance & Repair Guide for Lionel Electric Trains & Accessories
Modern Toy Train Repair & Maintenance (Classic Toy Trains Books)
I was very tempted to return the book. In the future I will not be purchasing books from this publisher.
But, the book is very poorly indexed, it contains many references to Section titles that I don't think exist, and many of the diagrams look like third generation copies, making it hard to see any detail. Having said that, refer back to the first sentence. It was worth the cost to me and probably would be to you as well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my son so he can maintain my trains and trouble shoot for me. Real money saver.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer