Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Greenworks 13-Inch 4 Amp Corded String Trimmer 21212
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight, easy to use design, only 5.2 lbs. Please adhere to the power cord chart found in the operator manual.
- 13-inch cut path with .065 dual line auto-feed and adjustable auxiliary handle
- Electric start gets you going within seconds, no gas hassle
- Trimmer of choice for small to medium size yards. Power cord not included.
- Compatible GreenWorks Replacement Spool, Model 29082. Watch the video on detail page to help you use and set up the trimmer.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER GH900 6.5-Amp String Trimmer/Edger, 14-Inch
Earthwise ST00115 15-Inch 5-Amp Electric String Trimmer
WORX WG163.9 20V Cordless Grass Trimmer/Edger with Command Feed, 12" TOOL ONLY
Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
Greenworks 12-Inch 24V Cordless String Trimmer/Edger, 2.0 AH Battery Included 21342
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Cutting width||1,300 in||1,400 in||1,500 in||1,200 in||1,400 in||1,200 in|
|Item Dimensions||9.84 x 39.57 x 4.33 in||36.38 x 8.5 x 4.88 in||17 x 54 x 10 in||7.5 x 36 x 5 in||9.8 x 5.9 x 40.2 in||9.25 x 30.31 x 6.69 in|
|Item Weight||7 lbs||5.5 lbs||7 lbs||5.5 lbs||6.3 lbs||8.82 lbs|
|Size||4 Amp, 13" Cutting Path||14"||15-Inch, 5-Amp Corded||12"||Corded Trimmer||Includes 24V 2Ah Battery & Charger|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts||120||20 volts||—||24 volts|
Includes 4 Amp 13-in Straight Shaft Electric String Trimmer / Edger (Open Box) - 21212, Owner's Manual
From the Manufacturer
The GreenWorks products that you purchase have a ZERO carbon footprint. We'll say that again - our entire product line will never release an ounce of carbon emission into the air. 4 Year Warranty - Double The Industry Standard. When looking for lawn tools, we know you're thinking about quality. You're looking for something that will get the job done and get you back to your weekend. That's why GreenWorks backs every tool with a full four-year warranty - we know our products will perform at the highest level and always be reliable. GreenWorks high quality products are manufactured to last. That's why we back every product with a warranty that's twice the industry standard. We'll provide all the power you need without polluting the air or forcing you to keep hauling your gas can to the nearest station (especially in the middle of a mow). No more tune-ups or maintenance. No more emissions. Fifty-four million Americans mow their lawns every weekend, according to the EPA, using 800 million gallons of gas each year. Along the way, homeowners spill more than 17 million gallons of gas while refueling. That's equivalent to the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster. It's time to move beyond clumsy, harmful gas-powered mowers. It's time for GreenWorks to be your lawn tools for life. Power cord not included.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
ONE IMPORTANT THING: this is an electric trimmer and as such, will need an extension cord to use this. It was not clearly stated on the website but is not a huge deal since one is ~$5-10 range.
I used this to hack down the almost foot long range of weeds in my backyard in about twenty minutes flat. This thing has impressive power and the automatic feeding spool is very convenient.
Definitely would reccomend this trimmer if you are in need of a simple solution like the one I had. Please give it a shot as it is fairly priced and gets the job done right the first time.
I write these reviews to help my fellow Amazon community. If you found this review helpful, please mark helpful on the comment. Thanks!
These are dual sting and the automatic advance will only work properly when you are using both strings. This brings us to the replacement spools sold by various companies which DON’T even fit the trimmer. So forget them and get a 200-300 spool of .065 round (I say round – I have not tried the edged string) string and re-wind the original spool which came with the trimmer. There is an arrow on top of the spool which will let you know in which direction to wind the spool. BOTH strings are wound in the SAME direction. To get the string started in the spool there is a slot in the spool and slip the string in the same direction of the direction you will wind. This locks the string in place and allows you to wind.
How to get the trimmer to advance once you have the stings loaded. AUTOMATICALLY – understand that there is no sensor in the trimmer telling it to let out more string. The string is advanced EACH TIME YOU LET OFF THE POWER and the spool is allowed to come to a complete stop. Just before it comes to a stop, you will hear a slight click from the spool. This means that it has reset the advance and when you give it power again, the strings will advance. You can stop and start the trimmer as many times as you like until the stings are where you want them. MANUALLY – you can advance the strings manually by turning the trimmer on its handle and looking at the spool for a little black rectangle button on the spool. Jiggle that and play with the string and the string will advance.
This trimmer is 4 amp which means there might be brush or thick weeds which you cannot get through without the motor straining. You can work around this. Go to one single string. BUT be aware the automatic advance will not work properly with only one string. So you will have to manually advance the string. This will reduce the drag on the strings and allow you to cut thru thicker grass and weeds. The cut will not be a neat and you might have to make two passes BUT the motor will probably not bog down.
Something that I wasn't aware of before I bought it and unpacked it - evidently you can purchase other attachments which fit onto the 'power head'. Six different gadgets evidently, something I'll have to look into.
So let's do a rundown of the pros and cons:
1) Power to weight ratio is outstanding! This actually seemed to go through heavy weeds better than my old gas trimmer.
2) I used to have to replace string cartridges at least once or sometimes twice to get through what I did today. And it still has string left! Of course that means I haven't tried replacing it yet. I'll update this review if that turns out to be a hassle.
3) The lower D handle is adjustable to any position on the top half of the unit. I've used other trimmers that are locked into one spot, and being only 5'6" that is usually the wrong one.
4) The motor fan blows cool air onto either the back of my head, or at my right armpit depending on how I'm holding it! This actually felt REALLY good, and whether it was a design choice or random fluke, I love it!
5) Bump feed worked flawlessly.
1) The trigger is a little stiff. This wasn't an issue at first, but for the last 45 minutes or so it REALLY became a struggle to exert enough constant finger pressure to keep the unit on. My fingers were just getting too tired! This is really the only thing that is keeping me from giving it the full 5 star treatment.
2) Not so much a con, but be aware that you really need to wear gloves - the two part safety switch on the triggering mechanism will probably chew up your palm after long continuous use otherwise.
Hope you found this helpful!