Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer (A..." and save 36% off the $109.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer (Attachment Capable) 21142
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10Amp motor with straight shaft and .080 dual line bump feed
- Light weight and simple electric start with cord lock feature makes it easy to use
- Large 18" cutting path helps speed up the trimming process
- Compatible GreenWorks Replacement Spool, Model 29622
- Quick-connect coupler allows for easy attachment changes and fits various name brands
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER GH900 6.5-Amp String Trimmer/Edger, 14-Inch
BLACK+DECKER GH3000 High Performance 7.5-Amp Electric String Trimmer, 14"
Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
BLACK+DECKER LST136W 40V MAX Lithium Ion String Trimmer, 13"
Earthwise ST00115 15-Inch 5-Amp Electric String Trimmer
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Cutting width||1,800 in||1,400 in||1,400 in||1,400 in||1,300 in||1,500 in|
|Item Dimensions||31.5 x 12.99 x 5.12 in||36.38 x 8.5 x 4.88 in||4.63 x 8.8 x 44.8 in||9.8 x 5.9 x 40.2 in||4.44 x 9.63 x 43.94 in||17 x 54 x 10 in|
|Item Weight||9.9 lbs||5.5 lbs||6.9 lbs||6.3 lbs||7.8 lbs||7 lbs|
|Size||10 Amp, 18" Cutting Path||14"||8.8" L x 4.6" W x 44.8" H||Corded Trimmer||large||15-Inch, 5-Amp Corded|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts||12 volts||—||40||120|
10-Amp, 18-inch, Straight Shaft Split Boom Electric String Trimmer which accepts most attachments sold on Amazon.com and elsewhere. Bump feed cutting head with 0.80 line.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
ONE IMPORTANT THING: this is an electric trimmer and as such, will need an extension cord to use this. It was not clearly stated on the website but is not a huge deal since one is ~$5-10 range.
I used this to hack down the almost foot long range of weeds in my backyard in about twenty minutes flat. This thing has impressive power and the automatic feeding spool is very convenient.
Definitely would reccomend this trimmer if you are in need of a simple solution like the one I had. Please give it a shot as it is fairly priced and gets the job done right the first time.
I write these reviews to help my fellow Amazon community. If you found this review helpful, please mark helpful on the comment. Thanks!
These are dual sting and the automatic advance will only work properly when you are using both strings. This brings us to the replacement spools sold by various companies which DON’T even fit the trimmer. So forget them and get a 200-300 spool of .065 round (I say round – I have not tried the edged string) string and re-wind the original spool which came with the trimmer. There is an arrow on top of the spool which will let you know in which direction to wind the spool. BOTH strings are wound in the SAME direction. To get the string started in the spool there is a slot in the spool and slip the string in the same direction of the direction you will wind. This locks the string in place and allows you to wind.
How to get the trimmer to advance once you have the stings loaded. AUTOMATICALLY – understand that there is no sensor in the trimmer telling it to let out more string. The string is advanced EACH TIME YOU LET OFF THE POWER and the spool is allowed to come to a complete stop. Just before it comes to a stop, you will hear a slight click from the spool. This means that it has reset the advance and when you give it power again, the strings will advance. You can stop and start the trimmer as many times as you like until the stings are where you want them. MANUALLY – you can advance the strings manually by turning the trimmer on its handle and looking at the spool for a little black rectangle button on the spool. Jiggle that and play with the string and the string will advance.
This trimmer is 4 amp which means there might be brush or thick weeds which you cannot get through without the motor straining. You can work around this. Go to one single string. BUT be aware the automatic advance will not work properly with only one string. So you will have to manually advance the string. This will reduce the drag on the strings and allow you to cut thru thicker grass and weeds. The cut will not be a neat and you might have to make two passes BUT the motor will probably not bog down.
Something that I wasn't aware of before I bought it and unpacked it - evidently you can purchase other attachments which fit onto the 'power head'. Six different gadgets evidently, something I'll have to look into.
So let's do a rundown of the pros and cons:
1) Power to weight ratio is outstanding! This actually seemed to go through heavy weeds better than my old gas trimmer.
2) I used to have to replace string cartridges at least once or sometimes twice to get through what I did today. And it still has string left! Of course that means I haven't tried replacing it yet. I'll update this review if that turns out to be a hassle.
3) The lower D handle is adjustable to any position on the top half of the unit. I've used other trimmers that are locked into one spot, and being only 5'6" that is usually the wrong one.
4) The motor fan blows cool air onto either the back of my head, or at my right armpit depending on how I'm holding it! This actually felt REALLY good, and whether it was a design choice or random fluke, I love it!
5) Bump feed worked flawlessly.
1) The trigger is a little stiff. This wasn't an issue at first, but for the last 45 minutes or so it REALLY became a struggle to exert enough constant finger pressure to keep the unit on. My fingers were just getting too tired! This is really the only thing that is keeping me from giving it the full 5 star treatment.
2) Not so much a con, but be aware that you really need to wear gloves - the two part safety switch on the triggering mechanism will probably chew up your palm after long continuous use otherwise.
Hope you found this helpful!