Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on April 25, 2014
I heard news of this thing and decided to buy one. Boy was I surprised. It can crank out about 350KH/s Scrypt mining power on under 10 watts of power! I've been waiting for one of these things for quite some time. But I have a few warnings for the potential buyer of one of these...

One: Don't expect it to be easy (or even possible) to mine SHA256d coins with this. They say it can mine Bitcoin, but the configuration required to do so on a Windows machine is tedious. I Googled for hours before I gave up on dual mining with this. Apparently my firmware is too new, or something.
Two: some of the software will run the SHA cores even without really using them, causing a 60W drain instead of 8 or 10. The right software is out there, just be careful.
Three: Restarting these chips isn't as easy as restarting the program. A lot of times you have to unplug it from the USB, and then power, and then put in power and then USB (in that order it works for me) before it'll start working. If you have or plan on getting more than one of these, keep that in mind.

Those tips there are why I give it 4 stars. I'm a bit disappointed in my unit's lack of BTC support (but maybe I got a dud, I don't know...) but I got it for Scrypt mining anyway. Be sure you do your research before you purchase this. It's a great design, but it can be a pain in the neck to get working just right.
on February 21, 2015
Running dozens of these at 4.8 watts each at 900 clock speed for scrypt mining only. I removed the fans, deactivated the LEDs, and now each Gridseed runs 380-440 kH/s. I set them up with high efficiency server power supplies, a few powered USB ports and two Raspberry Pi's running Minera. Quite efficient way of mining scrypt if you can find enough of these for a low price in bulk and be whiling to customize them.
on July 9, 2015
Pretty decent little scrypt miner. Mines showing around 360 kh/s as I write this. It took a while over the estimated date to arrive, which was rather infuriating, however when I received it it included more cables than I expected. Mine came with two mini USB to USB cables and one PCIe to 5, 2.5mm power connector which was great. The power in requires a 2.5mm, so don't make the mistake of purchasing a 2.1mm.
Set up was rather difficult because I have 5 single asic miners running. Bfgminer was the only program I could get to work with the virtual com driver but the hot plug command constantly is probing my single asics for access which slows them down a bit. Setting hot plug to 0 helps sometimes but other times I swear the miner isn't even listening to the .bat
Anyways good luck, definitely recommend this purchase for cryptocurrency hobbiests. Let me be clear though, this will most likely not make you any kind of serious cash. I pull in about 23 cents worth of ltc a day on my 10 chips. Of course the price is constantly changing so don't quote me on that rate.
on April 13, 2015
I started mining with the DualMiner USB 2 sticks and found them to be very problematic. This runs day and night mining Dogecoin at SimpleMulti.com @ 275-350 Kh/s. I use the MultiMinerApp.com to manage it. I can probably answer most questions about using this to Scrypt mine on a Windows 7 machine. Please post if you have any.

The fan is loud. It is not a terrible kind of loudness. But it is louder than you might think. I built a small foam lined box to go around it and it cut down on the noise a lot while still maintaining airflow.

The USB cable is included, but the powersupply is not. I highly recommend using this power supply (it was listed next to this miner when I ordered): http://www.amazon.com/Kastar-TV-Supper-Shipping-USA-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B003TUMDWG/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_y
on December 16, 2014
The device works well in scrypt-only mode, but I've not been able to get it to run in SHA-256 mode in all of the time I've owned it.

I've had it connected to both a Windows and a couple of Linux machines, and at no time have I been able to successfully run it in SHA-256 or dual mode.

The fan on the device is loud. If you are running scrypt-only, you can consider disabling the fan for reduced noise and power requirements.
on August 2, 2014
Works fine, had the best luck with setup simply using Multiminer. Been plugging away at an effective rate of about 357Kh/s. I've had to restart it maybe a few times but for the most part it has no issues. Running with only 2% rejection rate on a multipool, and a mere 0.2% errors.
on May 7, 2014
Delivery by GAW Miners was on time. I get better than advertised LTC hash rate. Comes with mini-usb cable, but no power supply.
on March 12, 2016
the two that i bought worked for about 1.5 months ; one died completely and the other now only hashes on two cores after about two months,but it's still hashing!. what should i expect huh? im not mad though, and still happy with amazon.
on April 22, 2014
So far working good
on February 3, 2016
Didn't come with the required 12v power adaptor, luckily I had one. Running this in ubuntu 14.04, overclocked to 850 MHz, it's running at an average of about 300 khash/s for 5 days straight now. Just ordered another