|Screen Size||7 inches|
|Processor||2.1 GHz PowerPC G4|
|Hard Drive||1 GB|
Griffin 1093-CURV2 Elevator/Computer Laptop Stand
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Improves airflow circulation and cooling around your laptop
- Frees up valuable desk space
- Compact convenient 3-piece construction for easy assembly and transportation
- Permits use of any external keyboard and mouse
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:57 Mins|
I highly recommend this stand; it is exactly what I was looking for.
1. The angle of downward slope from the supporting prongs is noticeably less on the Elevator. Conceivably, less downward slope translates into less slippage. The computer is almost parallel now, necessitating usage of an external keyboard. Previously, if the computer was angled forward enough on the I Curve, you could get away with using the notebook's own keyboard (at the risk of the whole thing slipping off). This means that an external keyboard is now mandatory. Fortunately, similar to the I Curve, there is plenty of room under the Elevator stand to store an external keyboard or other accessories.
2. The Elevator's supporting prongs have a "full-length" rubber-type material, as opposed to two silicon-type pads on each prong of the I Curve. Conceivably the longer grips should also reduce slippage. Perhaps keeping the rubber clean is the secret to success, since dust and dirt would decrease the adhesion of the computer. However, going back to the angle theory, I don't think this is essential. How can something sitting nearly parallel on a supporting stand slip???
3. The stand easily disassembles for portable use.
The I Curve wins hands down on aesthetics, with its gracious clear acrylic curves. I think most people would go for function rather than form in this regard. I'm man enough to edit my review if slippage becomes an issue. For now, I think this product is a winner.
They really do need to make a lip or use different grips or something.
This stand loses grip over time. A few nights ago, I watched (in slow motion horror accompanied by a classic muffled/panicked "nooooooooooo...." for added effect) as my macbook pro slid off the stand and onto my kitchen floor. The laptop was fully on the stand prior to sliding off. After that, the laptop wouldn't boot.
I took my laptop to the Apple store to have it diagnosed. My hard drive was broken because of the fall. This was not all. I now have a big dent on my laptop and a ding in my kitchen floor.
I called Griffin Technology to see what they could do for me. They said that since the stand was more than 2 months old that it was not a manufacturing defect and that they would be unable to cover the cost of the replacement hard drive and shell. The hard drive and new torx set cost over $120. I don't even want to guess how much a new macbook pro shell would cost me.
It is concerning that Griffin believes that a $30+ stand which supports a multi-thousand dollar computer should only be stable for one to two months.
I spent the next day dissembling my laptop, installing a new hard drive, attempting to bend my laptop shell back into shape, reassembling my laptop, restoring OS-X and the environment that I had on the computer.
I should have trusted my first instinct to not buy products from Griffin.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the stand!! Everyone in my office teased me when I brought this in but after seeing the benefits of my posture improving 3 more people bought lap top stands too! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great stand for my laptop. It made so much more room on my desk. I got a desktop but gave it to my sister and she's still using it 8 years later. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Hiliary
This laptop stand has worked well for me over the past 5+ years without issue.Published 11 months ago by PackDelta
i purchased this solely to allow the heat to dissipate while charging my laptop, and while using.
I swear without this stand the motherboard would have burned out due to... Read more
Works perfectly also with larger (17") laptops. I'm using this with 17" HP ENVY (17t-j000 Quad Edition), and it works very well.Published 24 months ago by Ville Walveranta
this really suits my needs. I sit sideways, lotus-style, on the couch with my laptop in front of me (also on the couch). Read morePublished on February 9, 2013 by Mlema
This Griffin icurve stand is exactly as described. Came well packaged and arrived quickly. The design is very clean and durable and it is the perfect solution for those who don't... Read morePublished on February 5, 2013 by Miss Meow
I've owned 3 Griffin Elevator stands for the last two year and have used them on a daily basis. I even brought it with me when traveling. Read morePublished on November 27, 2012 by bfm