|Brand Name||Griffin Technology|
|Item Weight||7 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 9.5 x 3.2 inches|
|Item model number||GC30014|
|Batteries||4 AAA batteries required.|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||GC30014|
Griffin Technology GC30014 Helo TC Assault Touch-Controlled Helicopter
|Price:||$15.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Control from your iOS or Android device with the HELO TC app
- Features twin missile launchers and 6 Redeye missiles
- Use joystick controls on the multi-touch display, or tilt your iOS device to fly
- Control the chopper's super-bright onboard LED
- HELO TC is AppPowered
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Top Customer Reviews
Here is what I've experienced so far:
- 1 star: I first used it with my old iPhone 3GS, there is a long delay between input and reaction (about 1sec), which makes it a bit more difficult to fly it with precision. I haven't hard-reset my iPhone for the past 6 months, so this could also play a factor.
- 2 stars: With my iPhone 4G the control was so much smoother - there was still a slight delay, but it was minimum; The helicopter was so much easier to control, I could go around my living room and up to the second floor. (I haven't try it with my iPad3 yet, but I would think the fly control would be just as smooth as with the iPhone 4G, with the exception of having a bulkier/heavier 'remote control').
- 3 stars: The construction is of very good quality, it has had some serious crashes, including an almost free fall when hitting my high-raise ceiling @ ~25ft (my 2.5yr old son was playing with it); the projectiles were launched when it hit the floor, but that was it, no other damage.Read more ›
Package comes with extra missiles, blades and a "dogbone" that needs to be installed but isn't mentioned in the setup instructions. Its easy to figure out if you look at the blade shaft because one dogbone is already installed. The instructions are adequate. You'll also need 4 'AAA' batteries for the docking station.
It takes 35 mins to charge the battery after it runs down, Fully charged you'll get about 10-12 mins of flying time. You can tell when the battery is dying 'cuz it'll start to auto-gyrate, or fly backwards, or won't lift off very high. The bird's battery is fully charged when the Red Light comes on the translucent USB connector. It was somewhat charged from the factory because the light came on pretty quickly the first time I tried the charger.
The required free app, HELO TC, that you must download has two modes, Learn and Expert. It starts you out in Learn mode. You'll barely get the copter off the ground in that mode but its an excellent time to try out all the controls.
After 10 or 20 "flights" the app will say "Expert Mode Unlocked." Now, you'll be able to go to Settings and set Expert mode on but watch out, this thing will be totally active!
The TRIM feature works great. It'll keep the bird from drifting right or left.
I've only tried to program one run without great success. One problem is, you are not in control once you start the program, you can't land the bird or do anything until the program runs its course.Read more ›
It takes a while to get it calibrated to get it to fly and be controllable. Once my husband tweaked with it for a while, it flys well inside, but not outside as it does not have the power to combat the slightest breeze. Don't expect a child to get this calibrated initially on their own.
Battery life only runs for 5 to 10 minutes, but this is pretty typical.
For the price- my husband has had hours of enjoyment with it and now his brother is jealous.
The missiles are fun to shoot at the boss and although not the most accurate, it doesn't do to bad either.
Fun cat toy, my bengal chases this thing around the house and gets excited everytime he hears the motor turn on.
More durable than you would guess. Although I wouldn't imagine this would last long with a child, it has stood up to many floor and wall crashes, let alone cat tackles.
For the price and entertainment, this was a good buy even though the controls were tricky at first and I wouldn't suggest this for anyone younger than a teen... unless you like to throw away money and have a disappointed kid.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i get it and it work but it VHERY hard to control it. i fully smash it in the first day((Published 1 month ago by dix
I got this assuming it was wifi controlled since it connects to your iPhone. I was completely disappointed when it arrived in the mail only to find out it is IR controlled. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Purchased as a Christmas present for my grandson. very disappointed. helicopter does not work.
Returned unit and purchasing a more expensive one. Read more
There is something wrong with the charging line.It could not work normally!Published 10 months ago by Zac Jen