Grimm's Colored Rainbow Geo-Blocks - Classic Wooden Building Blocks Set with Net Bag, 30 Pieces
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Building blocks are foundational for children's play and promote motor, language and social skills, plus creativity, and color & shape perception
- Set includes a total of 30 blocks in a variety of shapes and sizes and is handcrafted in Europe
- Vibrant colors are actually certified non toxic, water-based stains; No worrisome paint or varnish!
- Blocks easily combine with other building blocks sets for larger construction projects
- Grimm's adheres to Waldorf education principles, therefore no lacquer or varnish is used, giving the blocks a natural feel that's also ideal for slip-free building projects
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Thirty geometric wooden blocks in bright colors by Grimm's Spiel und Holz. These are by far some of the finest blocks available anywhere. They are wonderfully, vibrantly colored with all natural waterbased colors. Since they are not varnished, they will not easily slip off of one another when building. This set comes in a mesh bag for easy storage.
With their varied, geometric shapes and sizes, children will love constructing all kinds of buildings with these beautiful Rainbow Geo Blocks. The brightly colored wooden shapes help children learn about balance while fostering creativity as building materials for houses, towers, villages and cities. Each block is sanded by hand, so there are no edges or corners. Comes in a cotton mesh bag for easy storage and transport.
Smallest Piece is 1¾" Long
Longest Piece is 5¼" Long
Thickness: 1 cm, 2 cm and 4 cm.
Note about Grimm's colors:
You may notice some color transference on the blocks or some slight discoloration. This is not considered a defect as the blocks are unlacquered. Grimm's uses non toxic water-based stains for an unvarnished finish, in order to preserve the natural look and feel of the wood (which is in line with their aim to design toys according to principles of Waldorf & Montessori education). Unlacquered blocks are also easier to build with, as they are less likely to slip.
Grimm's toys are designed to help children discover and develop their own creativity while leaving plenty of room for independent, open-ended play and imagination. The blocks in this set are on a 4x4 scale, allowing them to combine seamlessly with other sets with base measurements of 4 cm in thickness. Expand this set in the future by adding any of the other beautiful 4x4 large building sets from Grimm's such as the 1001 Nights, Romanesque or Montecarlo Curves Building Sets.
Compare with similar items
Grimm's 6-Piece Rainbow Stacker - Nesting Wooden Waldorf Blocks, "Elements" of Nature: AIR
ECR4Kids Natural Hardwood Curved Play Tunnel and Arch Blocks (10-Piece)
ECR4Kids Over-Sized Hollow Wooden Block Set for Kids Play, Natural (18-Piece Set)
Melissa & Doug Standard Unit Solid-Wood Building Blocks With Wooden Storage Tray (60 pcs)
Grimm's Large 12-Piece Rainbow Stacker - Wooden Nesting Puzzle/Creative Building Blocks
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Hazelnut Kids||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Hazelnut Kids|
|Item Dimensions||7.24 x 10.24 x 3.78 in||2.56 x 6.69 x 3.54 in||11 x 10.6 x 5.63 in||—||12 x 5 x 15 in||2.75 x 14 x 6.75 in|
|Number of Pieces||30||6||10||18||50||12|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's my old review, unedited:
We bought these blocks because they are made to very high safety and workplace standards in Europe, not China, and because blocks are a classic, educational, fun toy. I thought I would post a description, since there are no other reviews:
1) CHOKING HAZARD! Since every toy on Amazon has a "three and up" label, even if it's a baby toy, it's hard to know when to take this seriously. This block set is definitely not for a baby, as the small pieces are surprisingly small. Keep it away from the little ones.
2) Lightweight wood. Not sure what kind of wood these are made of, but they are much lighter weight than blocks from different companies. Compared to the Haba blocks they feel like balsa wood. However, they seem reasonably hard and don't dent too easily.
3) Stained, not painted. The paint on these is really more of a colored stain. They don't feel smooth like other painted blocks and you can see and feel the grain of the wood easily through the paint. A couple of blocks had smears of another color on them. I didn't like this. It looks pretty shoddy, especially considering the price of this set. The colors are very attractive, though, and they look like they do in the picture.
4) Lots of possibilities. These go together in half a hundred ways and more. You can really build some really cool structures, and the colors are pretty no matter how you combine them.
5) Comes with a mesh storage bag, BUT the smallest and skinniest pieces easily slip through the mesh.
FINAL VERDICT: I really, really wanted to like these more. I love wooden toys, and I try hard not to buy from China. For a kid, these will be a blast, because kids love blocks, and these are fun to play with. However, I'm not the kid; I'm the lady who just paid $45 for a set of blocks, and the light weight, rough texture, small size, and especially the paint smears really put me off. I wanted heirloom quality for the price.