- File Size: 2374 KB
- Print Length: 13 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Crimson Edge Press (May 11, 2015)
- Publication Date: May 11, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00XK098XC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,611,751 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Grimsdalr Kindle Edition
|Length: 13 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I completed this short story in an hour, after I had come home from the vet to put down my ten year old dog (a true champion fighter of congestive heart failure). Emotionally devastated and drained, I needed something quiet to do in my own zone, so I chose to read Grimsdalr. I've never read Beowulf, so I came into the story with fresh eyes from that perspective.
Grimsdalr immediately struck me as a character much like my beloved pet - a hero, a conquerer. Perhaps too bold at times, or too willing to fight. Emotionally, those aspects struck a chord with me, and later reflecting on it, I realized just how true Grimsdalr's approach to battle is for a lot of us--we see the monster and think we don't need anything to help us slay it but our own strength. Sometimes we make the mistake of battling alone and unprotected. And sometimes we fail. Sometimes, we know it's a losing battle, but yet we fight for the sake of pride, which was Grimsdalr's downfall.
The story, the poetic writing, and the morals stuck with me, and will continue to do so. I'm not accustomed to reading such a style of writing, but it honestly only took me a page or two to adjust. There's a smoothness, a flow to Joshua's writing and development of character that assists with that.
Grimsdalr is a nice introduction to Joshua's style, and a good reminder that not all battles should be fought with pride alone. I look forward to reading full length works from him in the future.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult