Have one to sell?
Grimsdottir: Virgo Gloriosa
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Virgo Gloriosa is the first large-scale work Bára Grímsdóttir has composed for the choir Hljómeyki. Using Latin text, the poem tells of how the Virgin Mary appeared to the poet in a magnificent dream. The work also contains a number of ancient melodic lines, some quite well known.
1. Að minni sálu amar (My Soul is Beset with Woes), for chorus
2. Ad Beatam Virginem (To the Blessed Virgin), for mixed choir ('Virgo diva, casta nympha')
3. María, mærin svinna (Mary, Maiden Glorious), for male choir
4. María, drottins liljan (Mary, the Lord God's Lily), for mixed choir
5. Eg vil lofa eina þá (I will Praise Her and Laud), for mixed choir
6. In Memoriam Piissimae Matronae (In Memory of a Most Pious Lady), for mixed choir ('Omnia luctifico circumferveretumultu')
There are no customer reviews yet.