- Paperback: 584 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 5 edition (September 30, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415842379
- ISBN-13: 978-0415842372
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 26 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #256,236 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Grip Book: The Studio Grip’s Essential Guide 5th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"The gold standard of motion picture technical manuals, this is the only 'must-have' reference book needed to keep on hand for all things pertaining to Grip work. The Grip Book, Fifth Edition is written in concise and entertaining prose by one of the film industry's legends".
- Michael Catanzarite, 25 year Key Grip, Bruce Almighty; Apocalypto; The Mentalist
As someone who has worked with Mike, I know the years of experience he shares in this impressive book. It is a must-read for anyone that steps onto a film set.
- Jack Messitt, Cameraman, Bones; Scandal; American Idol
About the Author
Michael G. Uva is a well-respected key grip in Hollywood, with over 32 years of experience in film, TV, movies, and commercials. Credits include films such as Easy A, Kalifornia, and Iron Eagle, and shows such as The League, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Bones. He has taught at UCLA’s extension program, the Phoenix, Denver, New Mexico, Cuyahoga College Cleveland, and Bakersfield Film Commissions, as well as for the Hollywood CPR Program at West Los Angeles College.