4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Grip Gear’s Movie Maker Set - Electronic Slider & 360° Panoramic Time Lapse System for Small Cams
|Price:||$119.90 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2 in 1: An 8-speed Electronic Slider & Motorized 360° Panoramic Time Lapse Head
- For Small Cams up to 550g weight capacity, extra tracks available!
- May be used horizontally or vertically, manual or electronic mode, runs on 2XAAA batteries or USB powerpack
- 1/4" mounting threads at bottom to use with tripod, suction cups for diagonal, vertical or inverted shots
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- Basic Panorama Timelapse
A really simple way to make any timelapse more dynamic
- Staircase Shot
Make the shot dramatic and cinematic by having distincive background, midgroud and foregroud
- Reveal Shot
Easiest and most cinematic shot of this list. Set up behind an object, prefocus, use exposure lock and then 'slide' to reveal
- Macro Shots
Shoot upclose to a product or object, the slightest camera movement will be exaggerated and emphasized
- Crane Shot
Attach it vertically to Gorilla Pods at each end and attach the tripods on a pole, just pre-focus on an object and you are set
- Classic Slider Shot
Standard yet classic slider shot. Slow smooth motion
- Inverted Shot
Small cam or phone and Movie Maker are upside-down so we can get close to foreground and gradually rise
MORE THAN JUST A SLIDER!
Grip Gear YouTube Channel provides step by step instruction videos, sample footage, rough cuts, fan-made content and more.
· Comes with 2 x 31cm tracks, additional tracks are available for extensions
· Plug into a power bank operating times +36 hours (10400MA), or use 2 AAA batteries for 2 hours
· Remote control for both speed and direction (8 speeds)
· Bounce back for continuous motion: When reaching end of track it will move in opposite direction
· Motor speeds vary from 6mm/minute to a 300mm/minute
· Operates as eletronic as well as a manual slider
· Can climb 90 degrees & can operate upside down
· Weighs 900g and can hold up to 550g phone/camera even on vertical climb
The graph can be viewed in close-up in the above picture menu next to the product.
Whether you’re aiming for making a viral, online revelation, adding drama to your video or simply want to out-focus and out-shoot your peers, no need to wait for the perfect spot or perfect moment to experiment with this tool.
The combinations are endless: Use without tracks for 360 panorama shots, realtime or timelapse. ¼" mounts allow it to attach to suction cups or tripods. The Movie Maker can even operate upside down.
Who uses The Movie Maker:
Top customer reviews
-Easy set up. Just screw on the feet, install the drive head, connect the rails and add power. I had it running in four minutes.
-Smooth action. The stepper motor seems to do a good job of regulating the speed. I’ve only played with this for an hour, but so far it is steady.
-Light. For travel, I think the rails might be easily strapped to a tripod and the drive head should fit in small padded pouch, or the corner of a camera bag. This will provide smooth dolly shots (manually or powered) in the field when I don’t want to haul my full size tracks.
- ¼-20 threads for tripod mounting. I love that (in addition to the table/floor feet) I can mount the unit on a tripod or clamp system. This is going to be a hugely versatile tool.
-Rail sections appear to have a possibility of shifting slightly. In my unboxing video I show a small gap between the blue-rail-gear pieces. This may be a non-issue…but I noticed it and thought you might want to be aware of the observation.
Extra Track for Movie Maker
The shots are smooth and the motor moves quickly enough for live slider shots. It works beautifully with my phone, GoPro, even my mirror less cameras. It can move my A7Rii with a small prime lens on a flat surface no problem. With heavier loads you can hear the motor a little bit in-camera, but this is the case with any motorized slider. My favorite feature is that it automatically reverses direction at the end of the track. I'm now using this slider for b-roll footage during interviews. It adds movement to the shot adding a lot of production value. It's my mini full-time dolly operator.
Finally, customer service... There was a manufacturing defect with the first slider I bought (it's sorted out now) and the company made it right immediately. This means a lot with so many new camera gadgets coming out from all kinds of inexperienced kickstarter shmucks. Glad to see this company worked to make an actually good product and backed it up with good customer support.
I wasn't paid for this review and I wasn't given the slider for free. I was just impressed by the value of the slider and the customer service of the company.
In the interest of your time - the short version of this review is that it is a "good" product - and worth the money IF you factor in the excellent customer support. It is not, however, without it's issues as noted below. I rate it 4 stars based primarily on the customer support. Product would get 3 stars and packaging would get 2 stars from me.
Product packaging and perception of value:
After paying $100 or more for this item you are going to be unimpressed with the packaging. A thin cardboard box encloses a cheap plastic tray with parts snapped into it and others in a baggy under the tray. It's functional but will make you question what you paid for. No carry bag is included for the many parts - which may or may not be an issue for you. Considering this is really meant to be used with a phone or pocket camera, the average user is not going to be carrying a camera bag to stow it in.
The carriage itself is plastic. The rails are aluminum with a plastic toothed track. Everything is held together with thumbscrews - so it is essentially tool-less unless you want to insert the 2 AAA batteries included. Nothing feels like junk - but it will make you wonder, a second time, if you paid too much.
Upon putting the set together I had 3 issues:
1) the carriage would not reverse direction when moving one way. There is a small switch that will hit a plastic tab on the end caps which will make the carriage reverse direction. One of these switches was not functioning.
2) One of the toothed tracks had a small gap in it which, upon use, would cause the carriage to stick each time it past over that section.
3) The joint between the 2 sections is ever so slightly out of alignment causing the carriage to wobble as it passed over it. This could be remedied by raising one end of the rail up slightly.
Customer / Product support:
I contacted support about the issues noted above and received an email reply within 15 minutes offering to replace the entire set at the company’s cost. I was given 2 options and received my replacement set the next day. I was not asked to return the original set.
Once I received the new set, I noted small gaps in one of the tracks here as well. The carriage functioned fine but would wobble over the gaps. With the 2 sets I was able to piece together a full kit that functions just fine at this point. there is still a small wobble over the joint and the gaps can sometimes cause a small jerking of the camera at speed 6 or 8.
I again contacted support - not for a replacement, but to update them on the status. I was advised that there should be zero issues with the rails and they were sending me out another complete set from a new run direct from their warehouse - free of charge.
Now, some may say “for this price I shouldn’t have to deal with that.” I would not disagree. The company stands by their product, however, and that is rare today.
So, to sum up here, Product and packaging are “ok.” Once sorted out, it works as advertised and enables some great cinematography with your phone or pocket camera without shelling out a few hundred for a more professional dolly kit. I give the product 3 stars for the issues with the rails and the packaging 2 stars.
The exemplary support however, is worth a star on it’s own - I even edged a little towards 5 stars with 2 being attributed to customer service ensuring the customer is satisfied.
- The price. Good luck finding anything at this price that even comes close!
- Adjustable speeds, and one that works great with time lapses!
- Easy to set up, and includes the option of batteries, or attaching an external power bank.
- Expandable. More tracks can be added.
- The track feels pretty solid, and is light metal, which I like. The notches seem pretty solid too.
- At times, the track is not smooth where tracks connect, and this can show in your footage. However! ... This can usually be resolved by doing a little post process editing by either making changes in position/rotation on the frames where there was a slight bump or move. You can also use software stabilization which will help prevent this from ruining your footage.
- There is threading for a tripod under the tracks, but it doesn't seem compatible with any standard tripod threading?
- While light, the plastic parts feel very cheap. They might break over time, but it's not like I'm using this thing every day!
-The fastest setting could be faster, I think.
- I don't like where I connect the camera, but granted I'm using a larger camera than you might want to use.
Most recent customer reviews
This little model is almost too good to be true, but it works great!Read more