Grokking Bitcoin 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
From the Preface
Who should read this book
This book is intended for technically interested people wanting to understand Bitcoin on a deep technical level. The book does not require any programming skills, but a basic understanding of some technical concepts are beneficial, for example databases, computer networks, computer programs, and web servers.
The primary goal of the book is that you will be able to decide for yourself whether you trust Bitcoin or not. That primary goal is hard to achieve, because you need to learn most concepts in Bitcoin, such as digital signatures, proof-of-work, and peer-to-peer networks, on a pretty deep level. Some secondary goals falls out naturally from the primary goal:
- Install and use a Bitcoin wallet on your phone, and understand what you’re doing.
- Engage in technical Bitcoin discussions.
- Make informed decisions on how to store your private keys depending on Bitcoin amounts stored and required level of security and convenience.
- Run a full Bitcoin node to engage in financial transactions without trusting a third party.
-- From the Foreword by David A. Harding, Contributor to Bitcoin documentation
"The smartest and most natural way to learn about all of the bits and pieces surrounding Bitcoin technology without getting overwhelmed by them."
--Sergio Fernández González, Accenture
"Everything you always wanted to know about Bitcoin (but were afraid to ask)!"
--Jean-François Morin, Laval University Library
"A great introduction to Bitcoins and how they work, full of examples and suitable for all audiences."
--Marcello Seri, University of Groningen
About the Author
- Item Weight : 1.98 pounds
- Paperback : 480 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1617294640
- ISBN-13 : 978-1617294648
- Product Dimensions : 7.38 x 0.9 x 9.25 inches
- Publisher : Manning Publications; 1st Edition (April 28, 2019)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #821,669 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: