Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,822 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,950 reviews
on February 25, 2013
I bought these curtains to block out light as advertised, and they totally miss the mark. They shade the light as any normal heavy fabric might, but you can definitely see lots of daylight through them. I posted a picture of them hanging in my living room showing the light glowing through (customer uploaded photo #5). You can clearly see where there is shade vs. direct sunlight outside. Otherwise, the fabric is a soft synthetic. The size, color and grommets all look and feel fine.
review image
77 comments| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 13, 2013
I'm a night shift nurse and haven't adjusted well to sleeping during the day. I decided that my easiest option would be to make my room completely dark. After reading reviews, looking at pictures and comparing brands , I decided on these curtains.

They have worked wonders. I bought them in black because I saw other reviewers mentioned the lighter colors didn't block the light. I speak for black only, but no light comes through these curtains! There's a little light that comes through the top and the sides, but that's it. The grommet style is a little more modern than other styles I looked at. We've had some 90 degree days around here this summer and I have noticed a *slight* reduction in the temp of my bedroom since installing these, not a dramatic difference though, but an added bonus. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my sleep since installing these.

A little hint: If you are looking for a true blackout make sure you buy the curtains quite a bit bigger than your window. I bought one set the only gave me a couple inches on each side of my window and there was quite a bit of light. I was unhappy with that so I bought this set and a set for my sliding glass door that fit better. Now I have roughly 13 inches of curtain above, to the sides, and below my window which has helped keep the light out quite a bit. I'm putting a few pictures up so you can see how these curtains look in black.

Update: I've had these up for almost 2 years and still love them! I've been known to over sleep because it keeps my room so dark, but I don't see a problem with that occasionally.
review image review image
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2014
I'm giving these four stars because, as others have said, they aren't total blackout curtains if you buy the beige colored curtains. However, I had lined ivory satin curtains over pleated accordion shades previously in our bedroom and they didn't block out any light. As the days would get longer, I'd wake up as soon as that sun would come up and believe me, it was getting old, waking up at 5 or thereabouts in the late spring and summer months.

When I got these curtains, the first thing I did was throw them in the dryer with a damp towel. It took any wrinkles right out. We hung them and what a difference it made. I slept past the sunrise and now my hubby has to shake me awake before he leaves for work. I LOVE them. Sure, they let a small amount of light in but boy, do they keep a lot of light out.

I know this because I recently slept in our guest bedroom when I had a cold and that room just has regular curtains. Sheesh. I felt like someone was shining a spotlight on me as soon as that sun came up over the horizon. Considering the economical price of these blackout curtains, I think I'll be replacing curtains in more of our bedrooms soon.
on April 20, 2014
I am not sure what high tech devices they use to measure the amount of light blocked by this curtain. But I don't think any of those tools are more accurate than human eyes. In my opinion is more like 60% of light. Definitely not 99%.
review image
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2017
These are perfection!! I ordered the sky blue which is exactly the color shown in the picture-light, not too bright but not too gray. It's a great neutral blue that can be paired with other shades like navy or denim or other colors like gray. Color was obviously most important to me. The grommets are an antique bronze, another must have for me. The material is thick but not heavy, silky but not sheen or shiny. It looks like it's the kind that will be easy to wipe clean, fingers crossed. Even this light color blocks out the light amazingly. The tie backs are a big plus as well. Great value, I highly recommend!
on April 28, 2013
I was a little skeptical about all the reviews on here, but desperately needed some blackout curtains to help me sleep. I bought the chocolate brown, and they work perfectly! I put them up and they instantly blocked out the light. They even help keep my bedroom cooler.

One of the curtains has a small flaw in the middle of it which I noticed when ironing, but given the price I don't think that was a major issue.

They also slide really easily along the rod I put up, making opening and closing really easy. The rod I bought is 1" around and works great.

If you need blackout curtains I strongly urge you to try these in brown!
on February 28, 2016
I ordered a different brand Blackout curtain and had the same issue with these. Namely that I ordered two sets of curtains + 4 panels total, supposedly all the same size. The length on all four panels was different by up to 3 inches. Fabric was not as good a quality as I would have hoped. Loved the color, just do not think the quality was worth the money - All four returned
on April 3, 2016
Love these curtains! I ordered them in burgundy and they block a great deal of light and heat. You can see in the photo what happens when I open the curtain, compared to what gets through when they are closed. We're in Phoenix with poorly insulated windows so the heat and light blocking was an important factor. The grommets on top made them really easy to thread onto a curtain rod and they open and close smoothly. They have a great shape and fabric feel, and hung well right out of the package, unlike other blackout curtains we've had. My only complaint is that they seem to be a bit static-y so they are accumulating pet hair, but they will be easy to take down and wash. You can see the fur (along with one of the culprits) in my other photo. They aren't perfect, but they definitely feel better than what I've seen at Kohl's, Target, etc at this price point. I'm considering ordering another set for our bedroom since I'm tired of it looking like full daylight at 5am. I may consider doubling up as other reviewers have done since I'd want a light color for our bedroom.
on April 2, 2015
I've had these drapes in place for about 16 months and find them to be of excellent quality and construction. The grommets are nice and large and the drapes are easily drawn back and forth. I ordered the beige drapes to match my carpet and overall light-painted room. Since I had never owned "blackout drapes" before I assumed they would completely blackout the room. Wrong. As you can see from the photo, they may cut about 50% of the light, but don't count on light colored drapes making your room pitch black at high noon, won't happen.

Because I have an increasingly difficult time sleeping during daylight hours, I'm going to order navy or black drapes from this company. I avoided this initially I was afraid of it attracting cat hair and lint, I will report back later on how well it handles this potential problem.

UPDATE: I ordered the navy version and I was able to put them behind the beige curtains on the same rod. Now I can get a total blackout of the room but the outer curtains remain beige, the navy curtains are the same size and remain completely hidden. The grommets match exactly, I put a VERY thin film of WD-40 on the rod to make the curtains slide more easily. Of course, this makes the effort more expensive, but I have beige curtains which match my bedroom and totally dark curtains hidden behind them which make the room 100% dark during the daytime. Plus, there's an extra layer of insulation against the wind which blows across this large expanse of windows.

Note on the photo: This is a southern exposure but it does not get direct sunlight, the photo is at high noon so this is the maximum brightness the room receives. Forgive the messy bed, I was never much of a maid.
review image review image
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
Could not believe how wonderful the quality of these are! I was looking for cheap and really didn't believe they were going to be that great of black out shades. Boy was I wrong!! Great quality and I've got a baby room w a window the faces the setting sun NO light comes thru. Going to swap all my window curtains to these!!