Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 21, 2014
It is like a wikipedia for e-commerce, full of tons of helpful suggestions and tools!
For e-commerce folks and people who look to scale online, it is an amazing discovery:)
One person found this helpful
on September 30, 2014
As the owner of an eCommerce store of 8 years, I first purchased this book on Kindle after reading one of Yulia's blogs on social media. I'm one of the old fashion readers that likes to write in my books and tab bookmarks and since my kindle version had become so packed with bookmarks, I decided I needed a paperback version too! Each and every chapter is very inspiring, very detailed and well written.

I feel this book can really help not only new entrepreneurs, but those like myself who need to simply understand where they need to focus. Sometimes as business owners we are too close to our needs to actually filter through and understand how we can achieve our goals. We make it harder than we should. Yulia points out strategies to simplify for growth in a very easy to understand language. She goes a few steps even better, she shares examples, tools and even resources to help get you where you wish to go.

An important piece I was able to take away from the book was a better understanding of my business model- for I was trying to be all models and not able to really focus where I needed to focus to improve growth.

Lastly, a light actually went off in my head, broadening my understanding of sticky and smart marketing while reading through her examples! I highly recommend you get yourself a copy:-)
One person found this helpful
on June 18, 2014
The author has clearly worked for some very large e-commerce companies, and much of the book is focussed on what successful large e-commerce businesses are doing. While there are some examples provided of companies who have launched and grown very rapidly, which is good to consider how you might model what they have done, it will be hard for many people to do this.

It is still very worthwhile reading this book I believe, as many of the suggestions are things that you may be able to grow into, or implement at a future stage of growth. There are many services mentioned throughout the book, which you can engage to help your site be successful, and it's worth getting to discover what they are and how others are using them.

There are also some good contacts provided from other successful e-commerce stores, who the book states are available to contact for advice. I haven't tried this yet, but it seems they will be readily available, and this may assist people as well.
2 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2014
The book as as big as the title. It is half a textbook and half story book. First part of the book describes the 18 strategies an commerce business can use to increase sales that apply to any kind of site b2b or b2c ecommerce. Within each strategy, there are multiple “sub strategies” or tactical tips to execute them. Thus, each chapter is packed with hundreds of small and big things you can do to increase your sales and make customer experience on site fruitful (that's why i call it a textbook. I wouldn't want to be a student remembering all these ideas). Plus, the author provides good real world examples of companies that are actually using those strategies and measuring how precisely their sales numbers improved.

The second part of the book was more fun to read for me personally. I love reading case studies on a number of e-commerce sites, both within US and outside. The author charts their course from when they started to where they are today, and what strategic decisions they took on the way to enjoy eCommerce growth. Some of those companies I had never heard of (everyone is not Amazon), so it was eye-opening to learn how small eCommerce companies carve out their niches, prosper and not get clobbered by Walmarts and Amazons.

Overall very fun and informative read that took me 2 days. Anyone who has an commerce site and who doesn’t want or cannot pay ecommerce consultants a whole bunch of dollars, should read this book. In the end of the book, there are some discounts for some products that may be helpful for ecommerce sties. That may be helpful to some people too.
2 people found this helpful