- File Size: 114 KB
- Print Length: 32 pages
- Publication Date: May 9, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00822WS08
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#987,792 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #206 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening
- #291 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Herbs
- #416 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Landscape Design > By Technique > Container Gardening
Growing Herbs Indoors : Your Guide To Growing Herbs In Containers For A Vibrant Indoor Herb Garden Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I was surprised to discover that feeding your plants at the "right time" and selecting the fertilizer was so important. There is a whole section devoted to common issues you may have and how to avoid them. Very helpful addition to my Kindle library.
Well as good as that sounds, I have tried it before with little or no success. But after reading "Growing Herbs Indoors," I can see the mistakes I have made in the past. The author takes you by the hand and give you the vital information to have an herb garden right in your own home. That way you have a constant source of inexpensive, fresh herbs right at your finger tips. She provides relevant information that will make your "growing pains" a lot less.
All in all, this guide provides details how anyone can grow their own herbs successfully.
First of all, it's like 30 pages long.
Second of all, the information is waaaaay too simplistic.
I read the whole kindle book like like 5 minutes. This is my first foray into gardening books, but at least I know it can only get better from here.
Information I would have expected to find, but did not find:
- How to select a proper space for each type of herb. The author mentions that different herbs might have different requirements, but only mentions rosemary as an example.
- How to construct an herb vessel. Maybe some ideas? Illustrations? On another website I read that basil should be staked indoors because it can grow so tall. Nothing about any special requirements for any herbs in this "book."
- How to control the pH in soil. She mentions that different plants require different pH levels, but makes no mention of how to control pH or what those requirements are.
- Information on more than just her favorite 7 herbs. Looking for info on herbs other than mint, chives, thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano or basil? You won't find it here.
Save your money, look elsewhere. Also, this review is longer than the actual book. Seriously.
For free how could I complain? I will delete a free ebook if I don't like it. This one is a keeper!!!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Landscape Design > By Technique > Container Gardening
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Landscape Design > Herbs
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Herbs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening