- File Size: 2064 KB
- Print Length: 72 pages
- Publisher: The Rising Muse (October 17, 2011)
- Publication Date: October 17, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005WZ1BGK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,750,932 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #6914 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Inspirational
- #11079 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- #11403 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
Growth Lessons Kindle Edition
|Length: 72 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
My favorite section is the one on loving the unlovable.
So many times, as I read, I said, "YES!" and "I'm so glad to read these truths written in such down to earth and honest language!" As I said to myself, "I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles with this or that," I appreciated that Ms. Matos never lets her reader think it's okay to wallow in self-pity or sin.
In Growth Lessons, I was reminded of this beautiful truth: Our walk with the Lord is a process of growing up into the image of Christ.
She knows better than anyone what it's like to grow up "saved," but to only become truly converted after many years of "do-it-yourself" Christianity. What a timely message for today this book is. Folksy, flowing, as good as a chat over tea. Here's the heart of a fellow believer opened to us, begging us to open our hearts and examine our relationship with our God.
I can't think of a real surprise to tease you with from this book, because it's not so much new, as charmingly presented, drawing you along from subject to subject. It's a project, a patchwork quilt Naty invites you to work on together with her. Plenty of Scripture gets mixed in with Naty's own thoughts.
It's a blog, as I understand it, a person's scattered thoughts collected and shared, in a stream of consciousness style. Yet the author says she has a Masters Degree, so I have to say that there seems very little regard for traditional punctuation here, especially periods. She also says she grew up with other languages so I hope that is an explanation. I enjoyed the book and could recommend it wholeheartedly with that one proviso.
I really related to the personal examples of the struggles and lessons learned from the author. For me knowing that there's always another level of perfection, peace, and knowledge to attain is very comforting.
I would recommend this book for anyone who would like some common sense and light added to their life.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth