Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 195 reviews
on October 29, 2013
Considering that my furthest sink is on the 2nd floor and the water heater is in the basement - decided to follow up on another reviewer's note that heat rises, and a pump may not be needed. Installing the valve was straightforward, and it works well. Now have warm water at the "furthest sink" in about 10 seconds, while in the past it took a couple of minutes. No need for the pump!

Cold water is tepid at start, but quickly becomes cold.

4 stars because the valve is plastic - if it were metal, would be 5.
on April 12, 2017
My initial purchase of this valve was done AFTER reading numerous previous customer reviews citing poor PLASTIC construction and a tendency to leak. Despite my better judgement I purchased it anyway and proceeded with installation after carefully reading the instructions which specifically warn against the use of plumbers tape or pipe dope. Installed as per directions and it LEAKED HORRIBLY. After starting over ensuring it was properly seated and not cross threaded I again turned on the water only to find the leak (A BIG LEAK) remained. Incremental effeorts at gently tighten the connection resulted in the plastic valve to crack and completely desinagrate! Having no other options I reordered a new valve. Upon delivery I discovered that new valves threads were defective/damaged right out of the bag! I didn't even attempt installation and returned it. Given my experience with this valve I can only recommend as strongly as possible to avoid it! The plastic is very poorly made, has a tendency to leak and is extremely fragile!
review image
on July 29, 2017
I have had my Grundfos system for several years and it works great for getting hot water to the opposite end of the house fairly quickly. I had to replace this valve because it got discarded during some remodel work, not because it failed in any way. I did have some problems, but not because of the valve. The problem was the 1/2" FIP to 3/8" compression adapters that my local building store sold me. They basically tore up the threads and failed to seal. If you have 3/8" compression supply hoses to your faucets you must buy specific adapters that use a rubber seal rather than relying on teflon tape or sealer. The second part of that sentence is explicitly stated in the Grundfos documentation. The ones that are included in BrassCraft B1-20AU D 3/8" Compression x 1/2" FIP x 20" Polymer Braid Universal Faucet Water Connector by BrassCraft have the seals and work great. Or you may prefer to buy the complete Watts (596816) Instant Hot Water Recirculating System Sensor Valve Kit Watts kit instead of this valve.
on July 30, 2015
I have had a Grundfos system for 6 years. It is a great product if your home was not plumbed with a hot water loop. Our tri level home causes us to run the hot water for 2 minutes to obtain hot water in the upstairs baths and main level kitchen. The Grundfos system does a great job of providing instant hot water at these locations. That being said there is a design and reliability problem with the valves. I replaced both valves 2 years ago. They had not been working properly for some time. You will notice that it is almost impossible to obtain cold water from the faucet-they will both be hot. Now one of the replacements has gone bad. The bad one is less than 24 months old ( the warranty period for these units) I have contacted Amazon for help resolving the warranty issue. At $50 a pop these valves should last a lot longer than 2 years. Stay tuned for my progress in resolving this issue. Note: Grundfos will not deal with the end user
on September 19, 2015
I have about an 80' run of copper pipe to my furthest sink and it all runs through a cement slab. I installed the valve and pump as directed. When it didn't seem to work, I assumed the valve was bad so I bought this replacement but the problem remains the same. It used to take over 3 minutes to get hot water. Now it takes about 2. While better, still not acceptable. The problem is that the copper is absorbing much of the heat even after the valve has opened. (BTW, the manufacturer says it opens at 100 degrees but it's more like 90.) This valve could work if it was adjustable but its fixed setting makes it useless for this kind of problem. I suggest you look at your plumbing design carefully before spending money on this. If it's above-ground PVC, this will work. If it's a long copper run through a slab, it won't solve your problem.
on May 29, 2015
I have had these in my house for years and loved them. Remodeled bathroom and started having problem with too much hot water in the cold water lines. Narrowed it down to this device. I recently removed and blew it out with an air compressor. Figure problem may have been caused by some kind of debris in the water line. Waiting to see if that fixed the problem. If it doesn't fix the problem, I'll buy another one because I love them when they work properly.
on February 1, 2017
This is a downgraded review for this product... Once enjoyed now disappointed... Read on...
First installed the pump with value June 2012. The pump seems to be humming along nicely, But....! The first valve performed well for a few months with the 2nd replacement value lasting 2-years until it recently stopped working. Today (2.1.2017), I received per my Amazon.com order a replacement (3rd) value that continues delivering only cold water. Warm water now takes 2-minutes to arrive, when for two years it arrived the moment the hot water faucet was turned on. I'm out $56+ for yet another faulty value. I'm going elsewhere for another product without the design and functional flaws this one has. I am disappointed in the poor quality and over-priced value, which obviously has serious flaws for reliability and durability. Sigh... with a longing for a durable and reliable product (the value).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2016
Perhaps in the middle of installation is not the best time to write a review, but I am thoroughly frustrated with what should have been a quick swap of valves.

The valve is all plastic, and the outlets both cross-threaded when trying to connect to my faucet hose brass fittings. I have been completely unable to get this thing installed leak-free, and now the outlet that was leaking has cross-threaded a second time. I am not afan, especially for the amount I paid, but I have not been able to find an alternative. I am stuck.
on October 16, 2012
If you are not using a Grundfos recirculating system in your home, or selling them to your customers, you are pouring thousands of gallons of cold water down the drain, waiting for the water to get hot at the sink or faucet. This inexpensive valve is the jewel in the crown of home use; as a landlord, this makes your tenants really happy; as a plumber, you can save your customers time and money on their water bills and water heating costs. I find that in "hard water" areas (or not filtered supply lines) the valve at the furthest faucet becomes ineffectual after 4 to 5 years. REPLACE the valve! The pumps last forever (I've got one going on 15 YEARS). Energy efficient? Water and heating costs go down, I can't prove it scientifically, but I do know from the bills!
on January 11, 2016
I tried to use this without the pump as other reviewers have done. It helped a bit but not all that much. It looks like I will need to order the pump as well.This valve is made of plastic yet the quality initially seems pretty good, only time will tell how it holds up. It was very easy to install, just needed to run out and get two more 1/2 X 1/2 supply lines.